Offline specie

• View Profile
Weather Balloon Experiment
« on: December 29, 2015, 03:46:09 PM »
As a very brief back ground, I came across the flat earth society by way of family member, and watched some 7 or 8 part video series to try and prove this theory.  Personally, while I also have a high distrust in government, I'm remain totally convinced that the earth is round, and that not everything we were taught is false, particular the hard sciences, such as math, physics, chemistry etc.

On to the experiment.  This is simple to do, one of my best friends in high school did this with his son for fun.  Go out and buy a weather balloon, attach a video camera to it, and send it up.  I saw the video my friend did, and the curvature is plain as day in it.  He used an iphone 4, and ran that app to find your phone so they could locate it afterwards.

sceptimatic

Re: Weather Balloon Experiment
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 04:14:23 PM »
As a very brief back ground, I came across the flat earth society by way of family member, and watched some 7 or 8 part video series to try and prove this theory.  Personally, while I also have a high distrust in government, I'm remain totally convinced that the earth is round, and that not everything we were taught is false, particular the hard sciences, such as math, physics, chemistry etc.

On to the experiment.  This is simple to do, one of my best friends in high school did this with his son for fun.  Go out and buy a weather balloon, attach a video camera to it, and send it up.  I saw the video my friend did, and the curvature is plain as day in it.  He used an iphone 4, and ran that app to find your phone so they could locate it afterwards.
Well there you go. There's no more need to question any of it. Your mind is made up.
I've seen all of the stuff that's been done and said and yet here I am still 100% sure in my mind that we do not live on a spinning globe.

Offline specie

• View Profile
Re: Weather Balloon Experiment
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 04:45:03 PM »
So you've seen video of a weather balloon experiment, and saw the spherical shape and still hold true to this theory?