Question about energy
« on: November 10, 2015, 01:23:11 AM »
In the Flat Earth theory, what gives the Earth the power to keep accelerating upwards?

And in Globe Earth theory, what gives the Earth the power to keep flying round the Sun , and rotating on it's axis, without slowing down?

Re: Question about energy
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 05:05:38 AM »
The Earth is not accelerating upwards. 
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 01:18:11 PM »
The Earth is not accelerating upwards.

Some of you would disagree. I've read on here numerous theories about Universal Acceleration, Dark Energy, and all kinds of things. One of your more well-regarded members seems to think that if he steps off a chair, the earth rises to meet him, rather than him falling to the surface of the earth.

What is your take on UA and Dark energy? (I'm not trying to be a dick to you this time, I'm genuinely interested in what you think on the matter)

Rama Set

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 03:52:36 PM »
In the Flat Earth theory, what gives the Earth the power to keep accelerating upwards?

And in Globe Earth theory, what gives the Earth the power to keep flying round the Sun , and rotating on it's axis, without slowing down?

It takes little energy to maintain the rotation of the Earth due to the conservation of angular momentum.  The hypothesis is that the initial conditions of the formation of the solar system provided the energy to create the conditions we see now.  Since there is an extremely small amount of friction in space, there is nothing to slow the Earth down.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 06:33:17 PM »
Some of you would disagree.
So what? 
Smart people can discern controlled opposition from creative hypothesis. 

I've read on here numerous theories about Universal Acceleration, Dark Energy, and all kinds of things.
So what?  I have read numerous cockamame theories too. 
It took me a whole ....... oh, 1 minute..... to figure out that controlled opposition infests all aspects of the human experience, including the internet.  Why are any of these theories interesting to you?!?? 

One of your more well-regarded members
Irrelevent. 

Hey!  I get it!  In my free internet time, I go trolling the UnderWater Basket Weaving Forums and tell them they are doing it all wrong! 
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 07:25:59 PM »
I asked the question cos it says in the Wiki about the Earth accelerating upwards,
But there's no explanation about what's making it accelerate.
 I don't see why a Flat Earth can't have a gravitational pull?

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 10:10:07 PM »

Mass, If the flat earth had enough to create gravity when it formed it would have pulled itself into a ball, which incidentally I believe it did.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 11:22:01 PM »
Some of you would disagree.
So what? 
Smart people can discern controlled opposition from creative hypothesis. 

So theories that disagree with yours are okay, but theories that disagree with yours are also lies and shillery.

Got it. Thanks for squaring that up for me.

You really are a hoot, you know that?

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 11:26:42 PM by Disgraced_Shield »

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 03:37:55 AM »
I asked the question cos it says in the Wiki about the Earth accelerating upwards,
But there's no explanation about what's making it accelerate.
--- because there is no explanation. 
It is a bogus theory put forth by controlled opposition to confuse folks. 

I don't see why a Flat Earth can't have a gravitational pull?
I do not see why the theory of "gravity" even matters either way. 

The truth/fiction of gravity is as relevent as any random cartoon from Ripley's Believe It Or Not!
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 08:32:23 AM »

So what is happening then Charmy?
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 02:03:43 PM »
So what is happening then Charmy?
"Hey what are you eating?

Nothing!

Nothing!
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8