Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Georgia wants a new amendment. (old news)
« on: June 15, 2014, 03:51:22 PM »
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/georgia-senate-calls-for-constitutional-convention/ndCbs/

Yeah I know, it's from March but shush, I just found out about it today.

Thoughts?  I can't imagine this actually working.  What are they gonna do, limit terms to democrats to 2 years but Republicans to 6?  Force a balanced federal budget by amendment?  Oh yeah that'll go over REALLY well with the powers that be.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Georgia wants a new amendment. (old news)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 04:22:51 PM »
This isn't from March, it's from February.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 04:46:25 PM »
This isn't from March, it's from February.
Sorry.
The first article I read (on facebook) was from March 3.  I didn't bother reading the date of this article.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 09:54:15 PM »
The particular article that you've linked doesn't seem to present this as a big deal at all. They want to impose term limits - that sounds like a sensible thing to consider. Where are you getting "limit terms to democrats to 2 years but Republicans to 6" from?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 11:33:32 PM »
The particular article that you've linked doesn't seem to present this as a big deal at all. They want to impose term limits - that sounds like a sensible thing to consider. Where are you getting "limit terms to democrats to 2 years but Republicans to 6" from?

Sorry, there isn't much information on it aside from some conservative web sites being "fuck yeah!  We're awesome and gonna kick ass!". 

I'm getting the term limits bit as it's only republicans that really want the convention.  Aside from Vermont.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 11:52:36 PM »
The more and more I pay attention to politics, the more I see a big, literal game of "Red vs. Blue" and really nothing else matters.

We should settle party politics Team Fortress style, by murdering each other until victory is achieved.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 12:24:02 AM »
The more and more I pay attention to politics, the more I see a big, literal game of "Red vs. Blue" and really nothing else matters.

We should settle party politics Team Fortress style, by murdering each other until victory is achieved.
Or this.
http://labs.ebuzzing.com/video/idiocracy---president-camacho-speech-10566235

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 02:27:30 AM »
Or this.
http://labs.ebuzzing.com/video/idiocracy---president-camacho-speech-10566235

Honestly, I just really wish someone would attend a presidential campaign speech or state of the union address and say "that's what you said last time, dipshit!"

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 04:17:33 AM »
Of course there isn't going to be any convention, and these legislators know it.  This is just their way of winking at their base.