Offline Orbisect-64

• I'M REVOLTING! . . . make of it what you will
    • View Profile
Illustrations for Education Purposes
« on: July 15, 2015, 01:27:40 AM »
I'm not erasing the main contents of this thread because I don't want people to read the original post. I'm deleting it for my own safety. My enemy has attempted to physically kill me in the past, vandalized thousands of dollars of my personal possessions, stolen, and attempted to bring me to complete ruin with baseless slander. He only WISHES he could have legitimate causes for his hatred (which he calls "righteous indignation" to hate without a cause) so he can use it to justify his past/present/future actions. I literally did nothing to him.

I hope you took screen shots - you'll find no more ammunition here. ;)

I'll make a new account sometime later - accounts and names are a dime a dozen, and I have no attachment to this one. I haven't even been on this site for over a year. . . when I was alerted that I was being attacked. I know how to pick my words so as not to be recognized. So have fun with your SMEAR CAMPAIGN that has been going on for so many years.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 02:36:34 AM by Orbisect-64 »
PRONOIA: “The delusional belief that the world is set up to benefit people … The confident and assumed trust that despite years of lies and oppression, government is secretly conspiring in your favor.”

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
Re: Illustrations for Education Purposes
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 09:04:20 PM »

While you are quite happy to denigrate other peoples intelligence you seem to over egg the amount you have.
For instance the bridge you show is only the 5.6 mile section going over a lake, but more important is the fact that the bridge wasn't built as a 102 mile straight section that was then plonked on to the earth, which may or may not have proved your point, but stanchion by stanchion, over a four year period. Whether the Earth is flat, round or crinkle cut crisp shaped, built this way it will follow the contours of the land and prove nothing.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 09:14:54 PM »
I never used to be able to spell engineer now I are one.

Jesus! Mr Smug with so little to be smug about.

For starters “your engineer” did do the the full length,
"I did the calculations and in the span of that bridge, 102.4 miles, the distance it would be up off the earth would supposedly be 1.3 miles."

I don't need an engineer I are one, so I have drawn it for your convenience,“de earth” shows the the earth (unfortunately in pale green) @ its supposed mean diameter with the length of the bridge drawn @ 102.4 units in relation to the sphere, if it was made by a 5 yr old or a literal idiot.
“de Earth 2” zooms to the end of the bridge where the said idiot stands looking at the 1.325units/miles between him and the ground.

But as “your” engineer tried to tell you, they don't build bridges like that, that's why there isn't a problem, this isn't a proof it's an exercise in wilful ridiculous misinterpretation.   
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 09:20:52 PM by Jura-Glenlivet »
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 05:16:53 PM »

While you are quite happy to denigrate other peoples intelligence you seem to over egg the amount you have.
For instance the bridge you show is only the 5.6 mile section going over a lake, but more important is the fact that the bridge wasn't built as a 102 mile straight section that was then plonked on to the earth, which may or may not have proved your point, but stanchion by stanchion, over a four year period. Whether the Earth is flat, round or crinkle cut crisp shaped, built this way it will follow the contours of the land and prove nothing.

Watch the personal insults.  If you find yourself typing things that aren't relevant to the discussion, chances are they shouldn't be said.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 06:42:21 PM »
I'm sorry you'll have to put your words through an english translator before I can read anything you write. I'm not sure if google translates from idiot.

According to the calculations, there should be a 1 1/3 mile mountain of water smack in the middle of the bridge. Even if it was only half that height, we would be able to SEE an almost three quarter mile high mountain if it was in front of us. We wouldn't be able to SEE THROUGH IT. And driving up it would take a toll on our vehicle.

Anyone here can drive up a mountain within a 102 mile stretch and experience this.

You're only attacking me because you know how powerful my illustration is, and its potential to win people's minds. hahahahahahaha

Well, you're banking on all the people who see it being idiots. But you people are mistaken. They have minds, and they're smart.

How Covert Agents Infiltrate The Internet To Manipulate, Deceive, And Destroy Reputations

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/

Federal government routinely hires internet trolls, shills to monitor chat rooms, disrupt article comment sections

http://www.naturalnews.com/042093_internet_trolls_chat_rooms_federal_government.html

She said the picture is only showing 5 miles of bridge. Not 100 miles.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 10:40:55 PM »

Watch the personal insults.  If you find yourself typing things that aren't relevant to the discussion, chances are they shouldn't be said.

Really?

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 08:47:27 PM »

Okay, because you have misunderstood both me and your engineer I have done you another drawing, I'm nice like that.

First, the mile and a third you tout isn't what you would get if you put a perfectly flat bridge onto a curved earth in the manner you describe, it's the drop you would get if you ran it at 90 degrees to a perpendicular through the earth (see "de earth" on former post), they are different.

If you can bring yourself to look at the "earth 3" pdf attached, what you would get is a 0.331 mile hump if you anchored the ends of a perfectly flat bridge to the earth, taking the earth as a perfect sphere using its RE mean and then ran your bridge through the earth/water.

If you look at "zoom earth 3" you will see your mythical bridge in red and how a real bridge is made in blue and pink, the spans (pink) although they look to follow the curve of the earth (green) are actually flat, the span is set at an arbitrary 0.5 units/miles for simplicity and the height of the stanchions at 0.1, much larger than the spans and stanchions on your picture, but that is how a bridge is built(these are vectored pdfs so you can zoom right in to look at the detail).

Now you state on your third image that the bridge is "observably level", when it clearly isn't, in fact the first true image has at least three dips and rises, one clearly a raise-able bridge for allowing ships through, as most of the bridge is over paddy fields, canals, rivers and wetlands I would expect further undulations, so frankly you are wrong.

I would be interested to know if any of the other FE'ers agree with you on this as they have been conspicuously reticent to weigh in on your behalf?

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 11:04:28 AM »

your reasoning was deficient, so I did you simple drawings, however, still too complicated, so give me a bit of time to make some hand puppets.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 08:24:38 PM »

Well if there are any people on a fence, you should point them to the dingo fence in Australia, that is about 3,500 miles long, by your reasoning that would be an even better proof

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2015, 07:53:24 PM »
For any that are confused by findings like this, and rely only on observation, there is an easy way to see for yourself.
Go out and build something that has a foundation. Once you actually build things, you understand how structures are built. Then you will understand why there are no 'humps', 'hills', 'mountains', or anything else in the center.

For a bridge like this or any other, if you were to build it; would you measure from the seabed to the surface and start designing there? Or would you just jump in and start building willy-nilly?
Me? I would start with the height of the water, go into future projections, etc. As said above, a bridge is built piece by piece, not in one shot and put in place. The seabed is not uniform.

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 07:12:27 PM »
Well... would you mind listing your academic achievements and degrees if you are so are inclined to bash peoples' intelligence, so that you can show people what you're up against??  And this engineer, was it a civil engineer? A structural engineer? A combat engineer? ... Also, as previously stated the bridge is built stanchion by stanchion and so the stanchions are made at different heights to keep the bridge level above the water... your whole premise of flat earth because the bridge is flat is unrealistic and plainly stupid... it's not account for the height of each support and also it doesn't account for camera angle... If you were to stand on the bridge and take a picture to see if it curves over a straight line, it might be a better representation than an overhead view that plainly cannot show how far it extends flat... but make sure you cover the horizon well enough to show that in any picture with enough of the horizon showing, the corners will start to show a dip in them as the Earth is most definitely round... 🌎
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 10:53:50 PM by Realist »

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 10:09:08 PM »

Orbi' bless him, has gone on to pastures new I'm afraid.

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 11:36:52 PM »
I have NO idea how your imagination tries to make up a 1,3 mile high mountain. On a sphere, you will always look DOWN along the horizon, don't you get it? You will always be at the highest point, given you're standing at, and looking over a level surface (like water). What you NEED to understand is that you're playing tricks on yourself. It seems you have no imagination what so ever. Closing your eyes and picturing this using your mental capacity should be an easy task!

If, and only IF, any credit was given to your effort with your OP, 1,3 miles of water WOULD NOT rise and stand in front of you. You're looking DOWN along the horizon. What your 1,3 miles of curvature means, that given a planet or a Moon with no atmosphere and the size of Earth, you would NOT be able to see an object shorter than 1,3 miles in height, if it was placed the aforementioned 102 miles away.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 11:43:59 PM by andruszkow »
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

GiantsO

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2016, 06:27:47 AM »
I will now demolish this flimsy house of cards without one bit of math or science.

The bridge is indeed 102.4 miles.  Correct. 

However . . . It is a viaduct, a bridge composed of several comparatively small spans that can run over both land and/or water.

The Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge in East China’s Jiangsu province does both.

The Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge is a rail line that runs parallel to the Yangtze River in the Yangtze River delta, passing through the northern edges of population centers and through the lowland region of rice paddies, canals, rivers, and lakes.  It holds the Guinness World Record for the longest bridge on earth.

Of its 102.4 miles, a mere 5.6 mile section is actually over open water, running across Yangcheng Lake in Suzhou.

The Jiaozhou Bay Bridge, also known as Qungdoa Haiwan Bridge, in eastern China's Shandong province, is an aggregated length of 25.84 miles long.  It is the world's longest bridge over water.  However, only 16.1 miles of bridge are actually over open water.  It is frequently mistakenly confused with the water segment of Danyang-Kunshan Bridge in web sources.  The two bridges are unrelated.

Orbisect-64’s photo is of the Donghai Bridge, a bridge connecting mainland Shanghai’s Pudong New Area with offshore Yangshan Port.  It is considered one of the world’s longest bridges, with a total length of 20.2 miles.  Most of the bridge is a low level viaduct.  To recap, that is a bridge composed of several comparatively small spans that can run over both land and/or water.  This does both.  There are also some cable-stayed sections to this automobile bridge.  Of the bridge’s 20.2 mile length, about 15.7 miles run over open water.

So, pictured with Orbisect-64’s grandiose declarative statement is a portion of Donghai Bridge’s 15.7 mile long section, not the much smaller  5.6 mile long section of the Danyang-Kunshan rail bridge over Yangcheng Lake, which he should've pictured.

So, to recap:
• Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge: Guinness World Record holder at 102.4 miles total length; 5.6 mile section over open water.
• Jiaozhou Bay Bridge: 25.84 miles total length for world’s longest bridge over water; 16.1 miles actually over open water.
• Donghai Bridge: 20.2 miles total length; about 15.7 miles over open water.

My, how the numbers—and mountains—shrink.

What's the verdict?

Very poorly researched information that ignored crucial information in a hurry to jump to conclusions, thus overlooking its fatal flaws.  The foundation is so badly laid that the subsequent math and argument are moot.   

How about the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway?  Well, Lake Pontchartrain is an estuary in southeastern Louisiana in the southwestern United States.  The Lake Pontchartrain Causeway is a bridge that holds the Guinness World Record for the longest continuous bridge over open water at 23.79 miles.  The bridge (actually a pair of bridges, side-by-side) is remarkably straight over flat water.  However, 24 miles on earth’s surface, regardless of sphere or plane, is virtually negligible.  But 8” drop per mile over 24 miles, you say.  I agree, it looks good on paper.  But is that all? 

Let’s consider more of the facts.  We haven’t factored in the topography and geography.  A lake is a basin, much like a cavity or a bowl, in which the water is level.  There are lakebeds and shores to remember, and these are rarely ever even.  How about the bridges, and how their locations and design and structure are very carefully planned by engineers and architects?  And construction crews follow those designs while frequently problem-solving and troubleshooting in the field.  Bridges are built on rock outcrops and banks.  In cases where the shoreline meeting the waterline is more flush, there are platforms built to give them the height and leverage they need to span the expanse water effectively at each location.  Accordingly, some bridges are straight and close to the water, others arch over the water.  All of this is taken into consideration, however those decisions are more aesthetic and environmental because they're building the bridge over a bowl filled with water, not over a dome of water.  Bridges consist of abutments, piers, pylons, pilings, stanchions, etc.  If these appear to be of uniform height from your view on the surface of the water, remember that they’ll appear to be of different lengths under the water.  Different or same, they’re also driven into the earth for stability, so there's more you can't see.   

So much to consider, that’s what I’m saying.  Don’t keep so fixed on the surface, but look below the surface, and then below that.  The tendency to oversimplify things and dumb them down immensely is a trademark move in flat earth science.

Topography, geography, oceanography, geology, geophysics, ecology: to completely dismiss and ignore the earth sciences (geoscience) is to free your mind of logic and reason, surrendering and enslaving it to profound ignorance.  You don't learn to think for yourself, you just learn to think incorrectly.  You learn non sequitur science.  By ignoring facts, you just learn to make errors and then compound them.  I believe I've demonstrated this very effectively in the first section.  I also recognize that flat earth science is doing this cumulatively with a growing body of flimsy evidence and that this is a faith-based movement.  Unfortunately, I’ve been directed here by a flat earth preacher trying to convert me to the faith.

Now, for the oceans, you can look at the surface and discuss curvature, radius, flatness, planes, lighthouses, boats, adhesion, cohesion, surface tension, mirages, etc.  Those all have their places in a much, much larger puzzle that forms the more complete picture (a composite picture, like earth from space; nothing’s ever as simple as it seems).  You still haven’t looked below the surface: topography, geography, oceanography. 

In your Puritanical rush to dismiss science and its accumulated body of knowledge as sorcery and witchcraft—and scientists as scions of Satan—in order to establish your own arguments to win debates, you ignore and miss tons of simpler facts and succumb to ignorance, then exclaim incredulously that people think you’re crazy when you bring up flat earth.  There’s a reason for that.  There are tons of reasons for that.  And the most evil villain of all?  Not NASA.  No, the incessant need to vilify Einstein is because with gravity, the towers fall, collapsing in on their footprint, just like . . . And then, where did the debris go?  Thus the superstitious witch hunts on Einstein and Newton, followed by NASA, Copernicus, Galileo, and the hit list goes on.     

Look below the surface for the facts.

“People who support lies are liars.”—Orbisect-64

Oh! What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive." —Sir Walter Scott
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 01:49:55 AM by Giants Orbiting »

Offline Orbisect-64

• I'M REVOLTING! . . . make of it what you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2016, 07:31:53 AM »
Well congratulations ball head! You actually did legitimate research. I never thought I'd see the day! And just think, all you needed was a little hatred to motivate you.

Thank you for setting me straight on something I didn't research thoroughly enough. I will change my view [on this point].

So you found one solitary weak link amidst all my legitimate research and air-tight arguments. And just as I would expect from you, you capitalized on it. Good for you!

So as I do with the shills on this and other websites, I thank you, because in setting me straight in pointing out a flaw in my reasoning, you only succeed in making my arguments stronger - because I only want to speak the truth, and there was an untruth in my understanding, you have helped me weed it out. Ultimately what remains is pure truth, and thanks to the refinement, ultimately there remains no valid counterargument because you and the shills have made my arguments water-tight.

However, the facts still remain. See my main reply over here. . .

http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=3147.0

The fact of the matter is that the entire belief in the spherical earth came from a Philosopher named Pythagoras who: a) worshipped Greek gods; b) worshipped the very same false Egyptian gods humiliated by God before the exodus; c) admitted to being a sorcerer who studied magic under the Egyptians, having learned the ways of the magic practicing priests used by the Pharaoh to attempt to disprove God's powers; d) and he admitted that he got the idea about the spheres from strange voices that whispered him what to think. Let's see - man practices magic, and hears voices telling him about the spheres (1 Tim. 4:1) . . .

Meanwhile, while God's enemies were developing theories about the nature and origins of things, which theories precluded the creator. . . meanwhile God's word states that he drew a circle upon the face of the deep, upon an earth that is four-squared. . .

But you choose to believe the words of God's enemies rather than trust God's word. . .

You choose to believe an idea that came directly from "inspired utterances" . . .

If what I believe were found to be wrong, at least I erred in favor of the creator, and I trusted in his word without "going beyond what is written." You, however, should you be found wrong, erred in favor of his enemies. Most people who believe this ball earth lie are not guilty of lying, because lying demands that one know the difference, and still chose to deceive; whereas most people don't know that it's a lie they're repeating. You, however, are choosing only to prove what you already believe - and you're pushing the line into the realm of purposeful ignorance and deception - and while being enlightened of [the truth], you are going above and beyond in the pursuit of mocking the creation - the works of God's hand. I feel better about my decision; and I fear for you. And your hatred of me is bound to lead you down a dark path and an even deeper hole in the name of constant (failed) attempts to humiliate me for your own pleasure. Fortunately, the God of truth will not permit you to succeed - and should you do so temporarily, it will not be lasting; and at what cost to you?

But I have taken precautions because I see what's coming.

Your god of science, to which this world gives glory for the explanation of all things, including praising it for the creation of all things, is nothing but a paradigm and a delusion.

"They traded God’s truth for a lie, and they worshipped and served the creation instead of the creator." —Romans 1:25 (Common English Bible)

"Here I am on my knees collecting photons of the universe that created me" —Dylan O'Donnell, Preacher of the secular religion of Scientism

"You are all star-dust. You couldn't be here if stars hadn't exploded. . . because all the things that matter, for evolution, weren't created at 'the beginning' of time, they were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars. And the only way they could get into your body is if the stars were kind enough to explode. SO FORGET JESUS. . . THE STARS died so that you can be here today!" —Lawrence Krauss, Prophet of Scientism

(only two of so many quotes I could run off in evidence that science takes the place of God for atheists - a god you are ignorantly and unwittingly giving undo honor to.)

It's so sad that you've become nothing more than an internet troll who has made himself into my sworn enemy who follows me around from website to website whenever you learn of my whereabouts (you wasted absolutely zero time to attack me after discovering my activity here), and an emmisary of Satan, who loves to torment speakers of truth. This is the third website you have followed me on (that I know of), and the other sites had nothing whatsoever to do with this subject - long before I learned of this. Seriously! You're like one of those angry possessive ex girlfriends who can't let go! Really man, you're just a stalker.

You watched me quietly from the darkness for two whole years, holding tightly to your grudge for all that time, swearing the revenge you promised me in writing, making a file of all the things you intended to use against me (I found it on the old computer), waiting for me to slip enough to pounce on me, to make accusations and spew vial words with the intent to hurt and destroy - carefully laying your trap and patiently waiting, just like an owl perched above the hole of a rabbit - cunning like a wolf, cautious as a viper, and viscous "like a roaring lion seeking to devour someone" - just like the one who's attitude you emulate. I have no doubt you still add to your file, waiting for THE BIG SCORE. . . accusing me of the worst (spiritual) crimes imaginable, I wonder what that could be? You've already spoken to the effect, and I expect it. But it's not your place to pass such judgements, and the payment for you for merely speaking it in open accusation would be high. Don't attempt to tell me you wouldn't, when you've already spoken as much, and proven your intentions. But I expect it, because you already wrongly and haughtily view yourself as God's instrument being used to put me in my place, and so you have written - why would you not also wrongly view yourself in the place to pass a condemnatory judgement.

You sit there thinking "Hahaha, I don't have to worry about that. I would never go so far"; and yet you can't even control yourself - you've nursed your hatred for six years (and longer), and you CAN'T simply  LET  IT  GO.  (Genesis 4:6-7)

You've learned nothing about agape and forgiveness, about letting bygones be bygones, about moving on, moving forward, moving upward, or minding your own business - you're just an angry busybody with an axe to grind. . . so sad. (smh) Every single thing you wrote above could have been said without making accusations of my mistake being intentional and intended to deceive others—and had you any love at all, it would have been presented without the sarcasm and mockery with the intent of humiliation in an undignifying way. But because it comes from someone who is so calculatively conniving, your accusations say nothing about me, and everything about you and your heart condition.

Your accusations here are not against what I believe, they are against my person - it's personal. And they will be recorded in case I need to prove later that you still have malice and foul intentions. With every act of hatred, you only dig your own hole deeper. Meanwhile, I will keep practicing peace. Don't hate me because that sounds self-righteous, hate me because it's the truth - evidenced in my own actions in that I leave you be - I don't even give you in return what you dish out.

The sad thing is that you capitalize on my error in the same manner and spirit an apostate capitalizes on past mistakes. I remember once long ago, in 1987, a friend of mine named Ben asked me: “Do you know what the difference is between an apostate and a brother?” I waited intently for him to continue. . . “An apostate tares down; and a brother builds up in love. That's how you know the difference – by how they treat their brothers.”

None of what I've said here would be valid if you made a single comment on another person's posts. But it's transparent that this is directed at me - you're not here for the purpose of setting things straight about the flat earth belief, and to speak truth; you're here only replying to my posts.

You are nothing more than a bully with issues.  Your hatred of me does not come from the God of love and peace. Period.

Just think - you are here attacking me for one reason - because I trusted you - and this is where trust in you leads.

Think deeply about that (if you even have a conscience; because you haven't any love). And think about how those looking on from above view your abuse of power - the power I handed you by speaking to you about this subject, despite knowing where it may likely lead (but that's called giving someone one last chance to prove himself) - which you wasted no time in abusing to the full. This is the last time I will trust you with anything more than the time of day. Forgiveness does not demand gullible misplaced trust. That only comes to those who are sorry for their wrongdoings - and you've proven that you simply do not care.

The overly possessive ex-girlfriend syndrome. It's sad. It's pathetic. It's destructive. It's kinda like. . .

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 02:22:40 AM by Orbisect-64 »
PRONOIA: “The delusional belief that the world is set up to benefit people … The confident and assumed trust that despite years of lies and oppression, government is secretly conspiring in your favor.”