Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
Re: why do stars change on FE
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2017, 03:55:46 PM »

a     b     c     d     e     f     g     h     i     j     k     l     m     n

If you are under point e you might only be able to see stars b though h. If you are under point j you might only be able to see stars g through m. When under point j here is some overlap in the stars you can see compared to when under point e.

Under the theory of the Ancient Greeks you should be able to see all stars when under any point; but this infinite nature of perspective theory has never been demonstrated.
This answer is absurd. The shift of perspective of a few thousand miles could not begin to make any difference in how we see stars related to each other. I hope you are not suggesting that in FET the stars are just a short distance away.

A change in viewing perspective can make a difference in seeing stars, but not from one country to another. It is possible to see a small change over a six month period, using the diameter of the Earth's orbit as the base of a triangle. This measurement technique is called stellar parallax, or just parallax. I don't recall the distance, but I think it is a practical measurement out to about 30 light years.

Also, the things we see as stars are not just single points of light which can only be defined by their constellation relationship. There are different stars, of different magnitudes, of different colors. There are nebula, clusters of stars, galaxies, and the band of the milky way itself. These objects are uniquely identifiable and many can only, ever, be seen from one hemisphere or another.

Yes, the stars are a short distance away in FET. Learn more FET.

Please explain on your diagram above how people at extreme distant points on FE map (like southern Australia and southern Argentina) can see the same stars/constellations but people in between (North America) can not see what they see.

Tom subscribes to the bipolar model, and while there are many problems with it (imo) this isn't one of them as it allows two 'discs' for stars, one over the Northern hemiplane, and one over the Southern hemiplane. This can manage to account for most of the different star problems.

Does the bipolar model account for being able to look south from 3 continents and see the same stars?
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2017, 04:53:59 PM »

If you are under point e you might only be able to see stars b though h. If you are under point j you might only be able to see stars g through m. When under point j here is some overlap in the stars you can see compared to when under point e.

Under the theory of the Ancient Greeks you should be able to see all stars when under any point; but this infinite nature of perspective theory has never been demonstrated.
This answer is absurd. The shift of perspective of a few thousand miles could not begin to make any difference in how we see stars related to each other. I hope you are not suggesting that in FET the stars are just a short distance away.

A change in viewing perspective can make a difference in seeing stars, but not from one country to another. It is possible to see a small change over a six month period, using the diameter of the Earth's orbit as the base of a triangle. This measurement technique is called stellar parallax, or just parallax. I don't recall the distance, but I think it is a practical measurement out to about 30 light years.

Also, the things we see as stars are not just single points of light which can only be defined by their constellation relationship. There are different stars, of different magnitudes, of different colors. There are nebula, clusters of stars, galaxies, and the band of the milky way itself. These objects are uniquely identifiable and many can only, ever, be seen from one hemisphere or another.

Please explain on your diagram above how people at extreme distant points on FE map (like southern Australia and southern Argentina) can see the same stars/constellations but people in between (North America) can not see what they see.

Tom subscribes to the bipolar model, and while there are many problems with it (imo) this isn't one of them as it allows two 'discs' for stars, one over the Northern hemiplane, and one over the Southern hemiplane. This can manage to account for most of the different star problems.

Does the bipolar model account for being able to look south from 3 continents and see the same stars?

Yes.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2017, 06:47:03 PM »

Yes.

Please provide a graphic that works for that concept and also distances.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

devils advocate

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2017, 09:42:26 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes.
[/quote]

Can the bipolar model be used as an answer to all accepted astronomical knowledge and as a one size fits all response to billions of people's observations of the skies above them? So now when it becomes clear FE can't survive scrutiny of the night sky FE "move the stars" closer to earth! I imagine any request of evidence that stars are not where astronomical experts say they would be ignored and simply countered with "where's your evidence".