Rama Set

Re: Official Sports Thread
« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2013, 06:00:23 AM »
Seahawks with home field look like about a safe a bet to go to the SB as you can imagine. My gut tells me something weird like the Colts taking the AFC will happen.

« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2013, 06:34:39 AM »
The Seahawks are hardly a lock for the Superbowl, even with home field advantage. I'd expect the Panthers do beat them, to be honest.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

« Reply #162 on: December 17, 2013, 09:51:26 AM »
The ashes have been lost..........Disaster.
My I.Q. is 85......or was it 58.

I am the stupiderist person on the FES.

THORK IS TERRIBLE.

Rama Set

« Reply #163 on: December 17, 2013, 12:43:50 PM »
The Seahawks are hardly a lock for the Superbowl, even with home field advantage. I'd expect the Panthers do beat them, to be honest.

In Seattle?  How could you expect that? Seattle has not lost at home in almost 2 seasons. It's one of the toughest stadiums to play in and Seattle is on a roll right now.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 17, 2013, 03:04:25 PM »

In Seattle?  How could you expect that? Seattle has not lost at home in almost 2 seasons. It's one of the toughest stadiums to play in and Seattle is on a roll right now.

They are on a 1-game winning streak.

Everything says they should be a lock for the SB.  Which is why they are not.

Rama Set

« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2013, 03:15:22 PM »

The one game they lost was an extremely close game to the second or third best team in the NFC at home.  Otherwise they have been demolishing people.  They are relatively healthy, they have chemistry and confidence.  I dont think there is a better team in the NFL right now.

Maybe, but the NFL has shown that hot teams are the ones that go far in the playoffs and there is no one hotter in the NFC.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2013, 04:08:47 PM »

The one game they lost was an extremely close game to the second or third best team in the NFC at home.  Otherwise they have been demolishing people.  They are relatively healthy, they have chemistry and confidence.  I dont think there is a better team in the NFL right now.

Maybe, but the NFL has shown that hot teams are the ones that go far in the playoffs and there is no one hotter in the NFC.

I would say that SF is hotter right now.  They are getting healthy at the right time and are cranking out the wins.  Seattle has found ways to win some close games, which is a good thing.  But, they were a few plays away from losing to some very bad teams.  A testament to them that they won, though.  They are young, I think they will stumble.

Rama Set

« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2013, 04:26:32 PM »
Yeah, the youthful exuberance does seem like it could turn in to arrogance really easily, especially on defense.  Russell Wilson seems to understand how to be prepared and focused though.  Kapernick still does not have me convinced.  Good thing he has Davis, Crabtree and Boldin to cover up some of his mistakes. 

I hope Seattle and SF meet for all the NFC marbles.

« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2013, 06:24:15 PM »

The Panthers match-up really well with the Seahawks. The Seahawks struggled beating the Panthers early in the season, and since then the Panthers have started played better football and replaced Ron Rivera with Riverboat Ron, the risk-taking analytical gambler of a coach. The Panthers Defensive Front Seven will shut down Lynch and get pressure on Wilson. The offense can run the ball, which keeps it away from the Seahawks secondary. And Steve Smith is the only WR that can out shit-talk Richard Sherman, and that's gotta count for something.

Rama Set

« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2013, 07:24:18 PM »
Woe betide those who think they can shut down Marshawn Lynch.  The guy can move a pile like no one else.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2013, 10:36:32 PM »
Woe betide those who think they can shut down Marshawn Lynch.  The guy can move a pile like no one else.

Just not against a healthy SF font four.

« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2013, 07:10:07 AM »

Just not against a healthy SF font four.
Don't the Niners run a 3-4? Regardless, as much I love Lynch, the elite front sevens in the league (49'ers, Panthers, Chiefs) can still shut him if they are willing to sell out to the pass a bit more. Lynch isn't AP, he can't handle 8 man boxes.

Rama Set

« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2013, 11:23:02 AM »
Selling out to the pass may not be viable against Seattle as Wilson has developed nicely and Golden Tate seems a legitimate weapon. I can't believe I am arguing so strongly for Seattle, but I find them compelling because of their district advantage at home.

« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2013, 01:49:19 AM »
Seattle is clearly the best team in the league.  Their defense might be the best that's ever been on an NFL field.  Richard Sherman plays man coverage with his hands.  Literally, he turns right to the QB at the snap and feels the receiver's cuts with his hands behind him.  I've never seen anything like it.

I know I'm a homer, but goddamn, I don't see what this team is lacking.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2013, 02:11:42 AM »
I know I'm a homer, but goddamn
Oh?  It is barely noticeable...

I'll take SF in the playoffs.

« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2013, 02:27:55 AM »
I know I'm a homer, but goddamn
Oh?  It is barely noticeable...

I'll take SF in the playoffs.

But I hide it so well.

I certainly wouldn't be shocked if Niners take us down.  I'm a homer, but I'm not stupid.  SF can beat anyone in the league.  I'd still give give the Niners 3 at home against my Hawks, though.  It's a pick'em at worst.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Rama Set

« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2013, 03:47:56 AM »
Seattle is clearly the best team in the league.  Their defense might be the best that's ever been on an NFL field.  Richard Sherman plays man coverage with his hands.  Literally, he turns right to the QB at the snap and feels the receiver's cuts with his hands behind him.  I've never seen anything like it.

Best defense evah?  No way.  I would take the 2000 Ravens, the '85 Bears, the 70s Steelers, maybe even the '95 49ers.

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2013, 03:50:22 AM »
The Patriots still have the best quarterback of the last 20 years. And the most handsome quarterback of all time.
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2013, 03:51:35 AM »

Best defense evah?  No way.  I would take the 2000 Ravens, the '85 Bears, the 70s Steelers, maybe even the '95 49ers.

Maybe the 94-95 SF team or the 00-01 Ravens team but there is no way a 70's or 80's D could play on the same field as the Seahawks'.  And I absolutely despise those drug-abusing, rule-breaking scumbags. 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 03:54:14 AM by junker »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2013, 03:53:19 AM »
The Patriots still have the best quarterback of the last 20 years. And the most handsome quarterback of all time.

Maybe, but he hasn't done anything in the past decade except blow two SBs and fail at a perfect season with arguably the best offense to ever play.  Also, your QB has a butt-chin.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 03:54:53 AM by junker »