Poll

What is happening / did happen on Monday August 21 2017?

One of the PLANETS (name which one) passes in front of the sun
0 (0%)
Something happens to the sun itself (provide details)
0 (0%)
Other (expand on that)
0 (0%)
Atmospheric phenomenon (provide details)
1 (8.3%)
The SHADOW OBJECT (explicitly NOT the moon) passes in front of the sun
2 (16.7%)
The MOON passes in front of the sun
9 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Are there any FE who think it's NOT the moon causing the eclipse?
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2017, 11:33:34 PM »
There is nothing in the Wiki about solar eclipse, as far as I can find.

Did you try searching?
Gee, Tom, thanks so much!  Yes, I tried searching.  That's why the sentence reads "as far as I can FIND" instead of "as far as I KNOW"
For example, I searched for "solar eclipse" and got two results for LUNAR eclipse.
I searched the word "solar" by itself and got 6 results, none of them about solar eclipses.
I searched the word "eclipse" by itself and got a dozen results, again all for LUNAR eclipse results.

Tell you what: if it's in there somewhere, and if you know it's there, you could help a guy out and tell me where it is.

Rounder-
 I tried the same way you did and got the same results....or lack of them.
Make that two persons that need some help.

Yet another hole in Tom's thinking, that the FAQ/Wike has all the answers.  No mention of Solar Eclipse.
Now here is an example of the  :D tremendous help  :D is to be in both societies.In the Wiki of the other place, under "The Lunar Eclipse" we find:
The Lunar Eclipse
A Solar Eclipse occurs when the moon passes in front of the sun.

Yes, even there the description seems limited to a one-liner under the heading Lunar Eclipse.

Maybe this society just "misplaced" the description of the solar eclipse and we'll find it in a little bottom drawer somewhere.

Yes, that is what I was referring to. I am not sure why that information was edited out of the version of that article on this site.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
Re: Are there any FE who think it's NOT the moon causing the eclipse?
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2017, 09:00:05 AM »
There is nothing in the Wiki about solar eclipse, as far as I can find.

Did you try searching?
Gee, Tom, thanks so much!  Yes, I tried searching.  That's why the sentence reads "as far as I can FIND" instead of "as far as I KNOW"
For example, I searched for "solar eclipse" and got two results for LUNAR eclipse.
I searched the word "solar" by itself and got 6 results, none of them about solar eclipses.
I searched the word "eclipse" by itself and got a dozen results, again all for LUNAR eclipse results.

Tell you what: if it's in there somewhere, and if you know it's there, you could help a guy out and tell me where it is.

Rounder-
 I tried the same way you did and got the same results....or lack of them.
Make that two persons that need some help.

Yet another hole in Tom's thinking, that the FAQ/Wike has all the answers.  No mention of Solar Eclipse.
Now here is an example of the  :D tremendous help  :D is to be in both societies.In the Wiki of the other place, under "The Lunar Eclipse" we find:
The Lunar Eclipse
A Solar Eclipse occurs when the moon passes in front of the sun.

Yes, even there the description seems limited to a one-liner under the heading Lunar Eclipse.

Maybe this society just "misplaced" the description of the solar eclipse and we'll find it in a little bottom drawer somewhere.

Yes, that is what I was referring to. I am not sure why that information was edited out of the version of that article on this site.

It still leaves the problem of lunar eclipses though...FET can't explain those adequately...and you really need to because RET says you can SEE the shadow of the Earth cast onto the Moon - and it's clearly round.

The mysterious "shadow object" really can't explain what you see when you look at a lunar eclipse through binoculars and watch the Earth's shadow crossing the lunar terrain.

The penumbra of the Earth's shadow leaves the moon in a semi-visible state - and for that to work in FET requires that the shadow object is VERY carefully constructed to precisely fake a round Earth shadow.   Makes you wonder why the laws of physics in FET are so amazingly precise mimicks of the (supposedly untrue) RET.

Every single aspect of how sun, moon, shadow-object, etc work seems to precisely match what you'd expect in RET - even though it requires incredible contortions of logic and math to make it turn out that way.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?