New to TFES looking for some guidance
« on: December 09, 2016, 01:51:43 AM »
yeah everyone, found out about all of this from my wrestling coach.  Sounded fairly interesting.  Can someone guide me to some more information or some better details?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New to TFES looking for some guidance
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 03:19:48 AM »
Hello and welcome. You can get introduced to FET by the links in my signature.

Offline Woody

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 06:22:05 AM »
Here are something to consider when reading the wiki:

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=5431.0#lastPost

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=4520.msg88112#msg88112

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=5366.msg104834#msg104834

This is something people involved in this society are aware including tom Bishop of course.  They seem comfortable leaving it as is in the wiki. 

I would ask yourself why that is.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 08:14:17 AM »
This is something people involved in this society are aware including tom Bishop of course.  They seem comfortable leaving it as is in the wiki. 
Have you tried reading the article recently? Any valid complaints that you pests had have been fixed.

How about you stay away from introductory threads if all you're interested in is spreading vitriol and misinformation?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 10:24:34 AM »
Have you tried reading the article recently? Any valid complaints that you pests had have been fixed.

No it hasn't. You only fixed the 33 mile "typo".

As I thoroughly demonstrated in this post, Tom Bishop probably wasn't even looking in the correct direction of the beach that he claimed to see. But by all means, continue to ignore the obvious.

Offline Woody

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 11:00:45 AM »

How about you stay away from introductory threads if all you're interested in is spreading vitriol and misinformation?

My bad.  I did not check it.

I got the impression nobody involved with FES were willing to change it.  Even Tom when he said he would not change it.  So I just assumed it was not changed yet.

So you will not see me mention those distances again.

As for posting in this thread I did so to point out a factual error in your wiki so the OP would be aware and make an informed decision if he reviewed the Bishop Experiment.  10 miles is a very large error for this type of experiment and can greatly influence the conclusion drawn from it.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 12:12:29 PM »
No it hasn't. You only fixed the 33 mile typo.
Correct. All valid complaints have been addressed.

Tom Bishop probably wasn't even looking in the correct direction of the beach that he claimed to see.
Nah, I showed you in the very same thread that there's a very likely location and direction that he was looking in. You don't like that, and I get it, but your personal feelings don't really weigh in here.

I got the impression nobody involved with FES were willing to change it.  Even Tom when he said he would not change it.  So I just assumed it was not changed yet.
I told you I would have fixed it as soon as I found some time. I found some time about a month ago.

As for posting in this thread I did so to point out a factual error in your wiki so the OP would be aware and make an informed decision if he reviewed the Bishop Experiment.  10 miles is a very large error for this type of experiment and can greatly influence the conclusion drawn from it.
You knew very well that it wasn't going to affect the conclusion in this case. We talked about it, and we did the math. If you wanted to be honest and factual, surely you should have made a clear statement of that fact, even if you didn't know the Wiki had been edited.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 01:55:30 PM »
Woody and Totes, please refrain from derailing threads. Consider this a warning.