Re: Why do you believe in the FE?
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2019, 10:44:02 PM »
That is exactly what you would expect isn't it regardless of whether the Earth is round or flat?  Same thing applies to me but I still acknowledge I live on a spherical Earth.  I also know the reasons why.

It seems to me that you need justification and "reasons" for your position while totallackey just simply needs to look out his window and see that the earth is flat.
I look out of my windows and see the sea and the horizon, plus the sun rising and setting across the earth totally consistent with a round earth.

shootingstar

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2019, 10:54:28 PM »
There is real evidence which supports many elements of the FET. No one can deny that.

I can deny it. Apart from the Earth looking flat within the confines of what we can see directly (which doesn't in any way prove anything either way), I cannot see what other evidence does support FET personally.

Totallackey was earlier complaining that this thread, originally aimed at FE people was being taken over by RE followers.  OK then that being the case, FE people please point out any evidence that we see directly around us which in your opinion can only be explained through FE theory.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 11:10:40 PM by shootingstar »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2019, 11:01:24 PM »
Also, I don't think this thread belongs in FET, maybe in FEC?
Agreed.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2019, 11:53:06 AM »

No one will ever see a curved Earth surface simply by looking out of their window!
Yes you can, the horizon, the fact I can't see Everest from the top of a hill,to name a few.

totallackey

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2019, 12:03:28 PM »
Yes you can, the horizon, the fact I can't see Everest from the top of a hill,to name a few.
Okay Fraser...

Just a couple of tips since you are a noob...

One, you are posting off topic material in your own thread.

B, I don't care where you are on the surface of the Earth...maximum visual range is limited to roughly 350km due to density of the atmoplane.

If you want to start the 400th thread on "why can't I see Everest from my the molehill in my back yard," go ahead.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:25:38 PM by totallackey »

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2019, 05:45:42 PM »
Hi I know this will be a bold statement but I have found an on going "code", one runs false so far and the other true, this codex is hidden for us to solve I belive in many places, art, religeon, science, I have found a codex system that combines all and proves flat earth but suggests other things such as why, obviously I hate typeing and would prefer to record via video over audio. I would also like some help resolving debuking my claims to any end, and I would like to point out this is not pride or anamosaty if I am wrong ...it is litraly the division of truth and truth alone.

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2019, 09:17:12 PM »
There is real evidence which supports many elements of the FET. No one can deny that.

I can deny it. Apart from the Earth looking flat within the confines of what we can see directly (which doesn't in any way prove anything either way), I cannot see what other evidence does support FET personally.

Totallackey was earlier complaining that this thread, originally aimed at FE people was being taken over by RE followers.  OK then that being the case, FE people please point out any evidence that we see directly around us which in your opinion can only be explained through FE theory.

Here are 200 examples:

Even closer to home based on round earth visibility limits this video should be impossible:

Now THIS is interesting.

I watched without sound so I don't know if there are other details narrated, but this is what 13+ miles across a shorter section of Monterey Bay looks like under magnification, and you can't see details on the distant beach.

But, they did what I want to do and use a mirror to reflect sunlight, and check the results! Unless they fudged their images and didn't really collect video with the camera and mirror where they showed them to be, this convincingly shows light traveling between two points that would be expected to be obscured on a globe.

The video claims "max refraction" which isn't true. He misinterprets standard refraction as maximum, but still. Credit for even acknowledging that refraction must be considered.

I checked the tide tables and also judging by where they've set up from the water level, the estimates of height above water are low, but even when I bump it up to 6-8', that still leaves mirror in the "shadow" of curvature by about 40-45 feet WITH standard atmospheric refraction.  To get the mirror flash visible, according to an earth curvature calculator, I had to bump the refractive index up to k=0.77, which is considered "severe." Another sighting on another day under different conditions might provide indication whether or not the structures/stacks in the background look that way normally or if looming/towering conditions were evident which could indicate strong super-refraction. But my gut tells me k=.77 is ridiculously extreme.

When I can reschedule this excursion, I'll add this sighting and see if I can duplicate it. It validates the signal mirror idea, which I think is a more convincing method of detection than trying to identify features at the shoreline of a distant shore. If this is what 13 miles across the bay looks like, 23 miles will be even worse.

Oh, and I know already that my kids have bought a Meade Infinity 90mm refractor for my birthday. (I discovered it accidentally and now I have to act surprised on the day; I suck at feigning.) It's not the one I would have chosen, but I'm tickled they thought to do that. Little do they know my main interest is terrestrial "digiscoping", and looking at the reviews it looks like it will be more than adequate for that purpose even if a little cumbersome.

Bobby even admits that this is evidence is not consistent with a globe.

@bobby It sounds like you are saying the observation of the signal mirror in the video you posted is not consistent with a globe. Did I understand correctly?
You did; and yes that's what I'm saying. Unlike other video demos claiming they are showing a flat earth that I feel I can refute, this one I can't.

Frequently people claim that things (such as boats, buildings, and celestial bodies) disappearing behind the horizon is evidence that the earth is round.

This video presents evidence which suggest that things being perceived as behind the horizon could instead be due to optical variables instead of curvature.
discussed here: https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=11059
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 09:23:30 PM by iamcpc »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2019, 09:53:17 PM »
Bobby even admits that this is evidence is not consistent with a globe.
He did, but then he got out there and did his own tests, which is more than most people on here do, and was unable to reproduce the result. So now what?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"