Rama Set

Re: Trump
« Reply #3280 on: October 04, 2018, 04:47:18 AM »
I dunno, yes Trump is a douchebag, but shitting on him for trying to save as much as he can on taxes is a reach. If no laws are being broken then he is just following the rules the government has approved. Find me an organization that does not maximize their tax savings to the best of their ability. He’s better than Apple, they literally negotiated with Obama to purposefully circumvent the tax code. I bet Bill Gates, Elon Musk and Warren Buffet all do the same. You want to judge him on what he does with the money he saves, I can get behind that but keeping money from a faceless monolith like the government is pretty understandable.

« Reply #3281 on: October 04, 2018, 05:16:58 AM »
That is a very clickbaity and misleading headline.

Agreed, that's why I used it to show the journalistic standard of that paper.

« Reply #3282 on: October 04, 2018, 01:18:04 PM »
the whole nation is burying the lede: any 17-year-old who keeps a calendar of the parties he attends and logs who was there (and then saves it for 30 years) is obviously a fucking weirdo sociopath.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: October 04, 2018, 01:30:26 PM »
the whole nation is burying the lede: any 17-year-old who keeps a calendar of the parties he attends and logs who was there (and then saves it for 30 years) is obviously a fucking weirdo sociopath.
See, I thought he was like mid-20s or something when this party happened.  Which would kinda make sense that he had a calendar that had his appointments and such.  But if he was a teenager and literally wrote "Party at X house" and kept it for 30 years... then yeah, this isn't making sense.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: October 04, 2018, 02:40:14 PM »
Oh shit, well, as long as they properly crossed their i's and dotted their t's first, I guess that makes it perfectly fine for a very wealthy family to cheat our government out of hundreds of millions of dollars. Let's see how best to put this. Remember your frustration at the official determination that Hillary had done nothing criminal with her emails back during the election? That's how I feel about this. It's not a good thing that the Trumps both were able to and chose to do this. It's not something to be admired or emulated. It shows greed and selfishness, qualities that are never a good sign in any person, much less the President of the United States. And if Trump had any sense of altruism or public service, he'd come clean about his financial history and make it a priority to crack down on the tactics that people like him used to play the system, maybe even with something that appeals to his sensibilities as a showman, like a weekly program where he explains a different trick of tax avoiders and details how he's going to shut it down in upcoming legislation. Instead, he's kept up the sweat-of-his-brow myth, humblebragged about how smart he is for dodging taxes, and passed a huge tax cut for himself and his rich peers.

Haha, seriously, not giving money to the government to piss away on killing sand people in the middle east is now GREED? You have got to be kidding me, Saddam. Dodging taxes isn't just something that can be done, it should be done. Trump is more morally righteous in dodging his taxes than you are for gladly giving money to Uncle Sam.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3285 on: October 04, 2018, 02:57:15 PM »
Oh shit, well, as long as they properly crossed their i's and dotted their t's first, I guess that makes it perfectly fine for a very wealthy family to cheat our government out of hundreds of millions of dollars. Let's see how best to put this. Remember your frustration at the official determination that Hillary had done nothing criminal with her emails back during the election? That's how I feel about this. It's not a good thing that the Trumps both were able to and chose to do this. It's not something to be admired or emulated. It shows greed and selfishness, qualities that are never a good sign in any person, much less the President of the United States. And if Trump had any sense of altruism or public service, he'd come clean about his financial history and make it a priority to crack down on the tactics that people like him used to play the system, maybe even with something that appeals to his sensibilities as a showman, like a weekly program where he explains a different trick of tax avoiders and details how he's going to shut it down in upcoming legislation. Instead, he's kept up the sweat-of-his-brow myth, humblebragged about how smart he is for dodging taxes, and passed a huge tax cut for himself and his rich peers.

Haha, seriously, not giving money to the government to piss away on killing sand people in the middle east is now GREED? You have got to be kidding me, Saddam. Dodging taxes isn't just something that can be done, it should be done. Trump is more morally righteous in dodging his taxes than you are for gladly giving money to Uncle Sam.
But Rushy, Trump approves of killing sand people in the middle east.  He's LITERALLY PREVENTING THAT!  Therefore, he's obviously a terrorist.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: October 04, 2018, 02:59:30 PM »
Also:
https://www.npr.org/2018/10/04/653991555/senators-reviewing-fbi-report-on-kavanaugh-ahead-of-friday-vote

I'm guessing this is done to avoid leaks. Why they'd want to avoid leaks, I'm not sure.  You'd think an FBI report that states how Kavanaugh is totally innocent and an upstanding, moral person would be something Trump would want public.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: October 04, 2018, 03:04:07 PM »

But Rushy, Trump approves of killing sand people in the middle east.  He's LITERALLY PREVENTING THAT!  Therefore, he's obviously a terrorist.

Notice the complete lack of Libya's, Syria's, and Iraq's during Trump's administration. Other than Bolton constantly memeing about Iran, there's been no magical regime changes anywhere in the Middle East. No more magical proxy war with Russia. The only thing the news can talk about is how some woman says Kavanaugh tried to rape her almost four decades ago but she doesn't have any evidence; you're just supposed to believe her.

Obama and Hillary wanted us to waste lives in Libya and Syria. Now we're not in either of those places. That's a major win for Trump and Trump supporters.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: October 04, 2018, 03:26:43 PM »

Notice the complete lack of Libya's, Syria's, and Iraq's during Trump's administration. Other than Bolton constantly memeing about Iran, there's been no magical regime changes anywhere in the Middle East. No more magical proxy war with Russia. The only thing the news can talk about is how some woman says Kavanaugh tried to rape her almost four decades ago but she doesn't have any evidence; you're just supposed to believe her.

Obama and Hillary wanted us to waste lives in Libya and Syria. Now we're not in either of those places. That's a major win for Trump and Trump supporters.
I'm pretty sure we're still in all those places.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/08/world/africa/us-airstrikes-isis-libya.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/us-army-kill-russians-syria-civil-war-mercenaries-deir-ezzor-isis-a8268691.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-iraq-usa/u-s-forces-to-stay-in-iraq-as-long-as-needed-spokesman-idUSKBN1L408A

Yeah, yeah we're still there.  The news just doesn't post it much because:1. It's boring.  "More bombings and death in a country you don't care about and has been having this stuff for the last 10 years"
2. Trump has a new scandel every week or so.

So yeah, we're still there.  Bombing, killing, doing operations, etc...
Trump is just itching to start it up with Iran so Israel can be happy.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 06:40:19 PM by Lord Dave »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: October 04, 2018, 03:41:07 PM »
Haha, seriously, not giving money to the government to piss away on killing sand people in the middle east paying taxes is now GREED? You have got to be kidding me, Saddam. Dodging taxes isn't just something that can be done, it should be done. Trump is more morally righteous in dodging his taxes than you are for gladly giving money to Uncle Sam.

Yes, not paying taxes - especially to this enormous extent - is greed, and the fact that Trump has no intention of fixing these loopholes now that he's in office makes it even worse. You would be frothing at the mouth if this news had been about Hillary or another politician you didn't like.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 07:30:56 PM by honk »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: October 04, 2018, 04:39:46 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/08/world/africa/us-airstrikes-isis-libya.htmlhttps://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/us-army-kill-russians-syria-civil-war-mercenaries-deir-ezzor-isis-a8268691.htmlhttps://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-iraq-usa/u-s-forces-to-stay-in-iraq-as-long-as-needed-spokesman-idUSKBN1L408A
Yeah, yeah we're still there.  The news just doesn't post it much because:
1. It's boring.  "More bombings and death in a country you don't care about and has been having this stuff for the last 10 years"

We still bomb people Libya/Syria, yes, but we don't send any troops there. Obama/Hillary wanted troops on the ground, or in other words, we're not really there. You should actually read those articles before you post them.

Yes, not paying taxes - especially to this enormous extent - is greed, and the fact that Trump has no intention of fixing these loopholes now that he's in office makes it even worse. You would be frothing at the mouth if this news had been about Hillary or another politician you didn't like.

Haha, not paying taxes is not greed. It's not greed to refuse to give away as much money as possible to a government. It's no one's social responsibility to charitably donate all they can to the US government.

And Hillary does this same thing, hell, I do this. There's not a person in this country that doesn't exercise their right to avoid taxes, Saddam. This isn't something that only some x% of people do. Did you take your basic deductible on your taxes last year? I bet you did, you greedy little monster.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: October 04, 2018, 06:48:59 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/08/world/africa/us-airstrikes-isis-libya.htmlhttps://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/us-army-kill-russians-syria-civil-war-mercenaries-deir-ezzor-isis-a8268691.htmlhttps://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-iraq-usa/u-s-forces-to-stay-in-iraq-as-long-as-needed-spokesman-idUSKBN1L408A
Yeah, yeah we're still there.  The news just doesn't post it much because:
1. It's boring.  "More bombings and death in a country you don't care about and has been having this stuff for the last 10 years"

We still bomb people Libya/Syria, yes, but we don't send any troops there. Obama/Hillary wanted troops on the ground, or in other words, we're not really there. You should actually read those articles before you post them.
Here ya go then:
https://taskandpurpose.com/us-troops-remain-in-syria/
The U.S. military must complete three objectives in Syria before the 2,000 U.S. troops in the country can come home, Mattis told reporters on Tuesday.
But don't take that site for it.  Check out Fox:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-reportedly-approves-new-objectives-in-syria-keeping-military-presence-indefinitely
America has roughly 2,000 troops and outposts in Syria.

You remember that we're fighting a proxy war with Russia there, right?

As for Libya, well... just because we don't have troops on the ground doesn't mean we're not in a country.  I'd call bombing them with drones from airbases nearby "in" the country.  Or at least involved in the fighting.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: October 04, 2018, 08:23:34 PM »

As for Libya, well... just because we don't have troops on the ground doesn't mean we're not in a country.  I'd call bombing them with drones from airbases nearby "in" the country.  Or at least involved in the fighting.

Well, I was wrong, they are there, then. However, I still believe that those 2,000 would be 20,000 or more had the elections gone a different route.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: October 04, 2018, 09:39:53 PM »

Well, I was wrong, they are there, then. However, I still believe that those 2,000 would be 20,000 or more had the elections gone a different route.
And that's fine.  I would personally want that 20,000 in there but I sit with mainly Syrian refugees in Norwegian class, so I'm biased.

Rama Set

« Reply #3294 on: October 04, 2018, 09:41:26 PM »
Are they Syrian Refugees or “Syrian Refugees”?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: October 05, 2018, 08:54:16 AM »
Are they Syrian Refugees or “Syrian Refugees”?
They are refugees who fled from Syria because they were gonna die.
Also a few political refugees from other areas.  Some are gay or Athiest (and thus would be executed) others are in opposition to the government.  I know a guy who likes Donald Trump ONLY BECAUSE Trump hates Iran and canceled the nuclear deal.  He is very anti-Iran.

-----In Trump news, just got this in the e-mail.https://imgur.com/a/BjCSoh5
Apparently not only does the FBI report clear the man (I think) but apparently his name has been cleared 7 times.  Wow... that's alot of new charges eh?  I never knew he was even cleared once for anything but 7?  Damn.

Online AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: October 05, 2018, 12:35:28 PM »
A father left money to his son, scandalous!
No, not scandalous. But spare me the nonsense about what a business genius he is and how he built up a billion dollar enterprise from nothing.
You might not be arguing that, but he certainly does and other people buy into it.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

« Reply #3297 on: October 08, 2018, 12:10:07 AM »

20 000? More like 4 billion...
https://static.mvlehti.net/uploads/2016/08/eu-com-final-report-relocation-of-refugees.pdf

I know a guy who likes Donald Trump ONLY BECAUSE Trump hates Iran and canceled the nuclear deal.  He is very anti-Iran.

Oy vey...

« Reply #3298 on: October 08, 2018, 01:42:42 AM »
Also this, they literally want to replace you to keep their global economy growing for international capitalists.

http://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/migration/migration.htm

United Nations projections indicate that over the next 50 years, the populations of virtually all countries of Europe as well as Japan will face population decline and population ageing. The new challenges of declining and ageing populations will require comprehensive reassessments of many established policies and programmes, including those relating to international migration.

Focusing on these two striking and critical population trends, the report considers replacement migration for eight low-fertility countries (France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, United Kingdom and United States) and two regions (Europe and the European Union). Replacement migration refers to the international migration that a country would need to offset population decline and population ageing resulting from low fertility and mortality rates.

The moral of the story is that the quality of life can decline as long as consumer spending doesn't decline.

People often act like there's some mass conspiracy for European genocide, mainly it just comes down to propping up international finance and financers. Greed is the cause of most evils in this world.

For example, In Australia, if we restricted our immigration then house prices would fall to reflect wages. My generation would actually be able to buy a house and start a family this would have a long term positive effect on Australians.

However international capitalism would suffer paper losses with less people spending money. So we keep our children homeless to keep our bankers rich.

I'm just going to drop this here.
If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered.... I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

Hits me square in the feels, every, single, time.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 01:48:58 AM by disputeone »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: October 08, 2018, 03:54:21 AM »

20 000? More like 4 billion...
https://static.mvlehti.net/uploads/2016/08/eu-com-final-report-relocation-of-refugees.pdf

4 billion US soldiers?  I don't think thats possible.

Also this, they literally want to replace you to keep their global economy growing for international capitalists.

http://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/migration/migration.htm

United Nations projections indicate that over the next 50 years, the populations of virtually all countries of Europe as well as Japan will face population decline and population ageing. The new challenges of declining and ageing populations will require comprehensive reassessments of many established policies and programmes, including those relating to international migration.

Focusing on these two striking and critical population trends, the report considers replacement migration for eight low-fertility countries (France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, United Kingdom and United States) and two regions (Europe and the European Union). Replacement migration refers to the international migration that a country would need to offset population decline and population ageing resulting from low fertility and mortality rates.

The moral of the story is that the quality of life can decline as long as consumer spending doesn't decline.

People often act like there's some mass conspiracy for European genocide, mainly it just comes down to propping up international finance and financers. Greed is the cause of most evils in this world.

For example, In Australia, if we restricted our immigration then house prices would fall to reflect wages. My generation would actually be able to buy a house and start a family this would have a long term positive effect on Australians.

However international capitalism would suffer paper losses with less people spending money. So we keep our children homeless to keep our bankers rich.

How did you come to that conclusion based on the quoted information?
It sounds like the quoted text is referring to the issue Japan now faces: not enough young people to replace the older generation whose retiring from the workforce.  A labour shortage.