Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
Re: REQUEST FOR COMMENTS: Reunification Proposal
« Reply #220 on: May 21, 2016, 03:33:55 AM »
I think I speak for most when I say that John's incredibly harsh feelings are one-sided. I have no idea what's caused him to be so abrasive and acerbic recently, but a good chunk of us have been open to discussing terms of reunification, and none of us have said anything remotely as rude and unwarranted about him as he has about us. It's disappointing, but if that's how John wants to be then that's his prerogative. I harbour no ill will towards their site, so its unfortunate that he seems to want to distort facts to paint a bizarrely evil portrait of ours.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

« Reply #221 on: May 24, 2016, 08:54:56 PM »
I have no harsh feelings towards tfes.org. I like the majority of you quite well. My words were quite harsh, and perhaps its because recent talk about you has reopened some old wounds. I apologize and I clearly went overboard.  That said, its water under the bridge. Its clear you had legitimate reasons for the split. I apologize for my recent 'tirades' against your site - they in retrospect are a bit unfair. I also apologize for the lies. While I'm sure they weren't taken very seriously, I threw around some words I shouldn't have and that were quite frankly lies and not fair.

Pongo will be polling interest in our users to see if this is still an option if your users are still interested as well. If it is, I have the power necessary to make it happen. Most of our moderation is against it, but if the administrators agree, Daniel agrees, and the users do it makes sense.

Thork

« Reply #222 on: May 24, 2016, 09:31:02 PM »
No thanks.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 24, 2016, 09:50:59 PM »
As stated on IRC, I am still interested in reunification discussion, so hopefully it goes somewhere. :]

Thork

« Reply #224 on: May 24, 2016, 10:13:43 PM »
Really?

You want Daniel's shit logo?
You want Daniel in charge of T-shirts that never arrive?
You want Wilmore doing the social media in the most anti-social way possible ... by ignoring it.
You want John Davis in charge of site updates?
You want their moderators moderating as well, despite the fact we booted Jroa?
You want to be told to fuck off every time there is a site issue and no one wants to fix it?
You want to lose month after month of posts due to incompetence?

We left because they couldn't run a bath over there, but they want to control every aspect and prevent anyone else doing anything useful. We left for a reason. I know its a long time ago, and that deadens the fury and rage that prompted such a drastic move, but nothing has changed. It is the same people in charge. Davis, Wilmore and Daniel. And they are no more available now than they were back then. Those 3 are the problem. They are the root of all the problems over there. Until they step down, there is nothing to negotiate about.

« Reply #225 on: May 24, 2016, 10:21:11 PM »
I've been told not to take you seriously, so I won't. Who can I assume is my contact in these matters?

Thork

« Reply #226 on: May 24, 2016, 10:30:29 PM »
Its me. All questions should be directed to me. I will be making all decisions.

Seriously, why are you here? Slither back to .org.

« Reply #227 on: May 24, 2016, 10:51:24 PM »
I'm here because I said I was open to talks about unification, and I am. I'm here because I care about the Flat Earth and the Flat Earth Society.

I fully realize that both our user bases may not be interested. So I'm also here to find out if yours is. From my brief talks on irc, it seems like you are interested but we would have to renegotiate terms.

Thork

« Reply #228 on: May 24, 2016, 11:01:28 PM »
If you guys are exclusively in charge on any aspect of the tech or the merch/membership, I'm not interested. You'll fuck off for 3 weeks and the site will be bust, things will break and you will never fix them, you won't give a shit when you lose 4 weeks of our posts and nothing will be updated ever. Also all our stuff looks better than yours. We don't want Daniel's logo. Or your new theme.

It doesn't really matter if Daniel is a figurehead, but why should we even concede that? He's had that title for over 10 years - UNELECTED, and stopped posting on the site 9 and a half years ago. He just needs to go. He isn't interested in it. The T-shirt thing is also a huge source of embarrassment. I get people on our twitter asking me when I'm going to send them a T-shirt and accusing me of scamming them! Why? Cos Wilmore hasn't updated your Twitter since February and no one seems to address S&C on your site.

But for the URL, you have nothing we want. You are just domain squatters.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 24, 2016, 11:16:18 PM »
You want Daniel's shit logo?
When did I say I did?

You want Daniel in charge of T-shirts that never arrive?
When did I say I did?

You want Wilmore doing the social media in the most anti-social way possible ... by ignoring it.
When did I say I did?

You want John Davis in charge of site updates?
When did I say I did?

Etc...I think you get the point. That's why I'm interested in reunification ~**discussion**~.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 25, 2016, 12:59:10 PM »
Thork, stop Thorking.

Personally, I'm in favour of reunification, but not on the same terms as previously suggested. We've grown a lot since the original draft has been proposed and it would be inappropriate for us to downgrade our services (mainly homepage, graphical design/branding, merchandise - apologies if I'm being too blunt, but we simply do these things better).
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 25, 2016, 02:05:48 PM »
At this point, we are just gauging interest. Many of Thork's doomsday scenarios will simply not be applicable. However, others may. If we feel a high enough level of interest is achieved, we will see if we can work out a deal.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 07:54:10 PM by Pongo »

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 25, 2016, 03:39:56 PM »
For some reason I'm with Thork. I don't want this to happen if the other site's admins have any control over anything important. They've dropped the ball too many times for me to have any real trust in them.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Thork

« Reply #233 on: May 25, 2016, 10:57:49 PM »
Our side forget how little they offer. We have all the things worth keeping*.

*Including a Thork. How many sites can boast having a Thork? Its such a unique selling point.

Online juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 26, 2016, 12:39:15 AM »
I'm for reunification in general, but I don't see it happening. Our setup is a well-oiled machine. It would be nice to get more noobs, but it isn't worth sacrificing how well this place is run to accomplish that. We just have better stuff.

Online juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 09, 2016, 04:38:05 AM »
Can we unsticky this thread now? It hasn't been posted on in nearly two months and no meaningful conversation has taken place.