Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 - Official Discussion Thread
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2020, 11:12:09 PM »
I finished the main story. It was p fun. I might pick it back up after the inevitable patches and DLC.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2020, 02:48:33 AM »
They can fix the bugs and glitches with patches, but I think we're stuck with the janky combat and driving, the rudimentary AI, and the shallow, non-immersive open world. Also, the NYT has an article on this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/19/style/cyberpunk-2077-video-game-disaster.html
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2020, 09:31:22 PM »
This is interesting.

Looks like they do have some form of police pursuit AI, it's just (mostly) disabled. There's a similar video about gang pursuits. Seems like it's something that was planned, but they couldn't get it to work in time. I think there's a decent chance we'll see these things added back in a patch.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 09:34:02 PM by Particle Person »
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2020, 04:41:22 AM »
Cyberpunk 2022

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2020, 08:42:21 AM »
How does it end? I can't beat the game because I keep getting sidetracked by side missions.
Sent from my Apple M1 MacbookAir

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2020, 10:30:28 PM »
(responding to a post from junker, which he deleted because he is a coward)

My issues with the immersion have nothing to do with the writing or worldbuilding, which I actually think is quite good for the most part. It's the aforementioned AI, the behavior of NPCs, and the general way the world works. If you commit a crime that no one sees, the police spawn out of nowhere right next to you, and you can easily escape them by simply breaking their line of sight for a short while. If you rescue a cowering NPC from gang members, they'll continue to cower without so much as a "thank you" or an acknowledgment that their situation has changed. If you park your car in the street, traffic will come to an absolute halt with no one making any effort to get around you. If you wave around weapons or fire in the air, NPCs around you will cower for a moment and then continue to ignore you, and NPCs in vehicles won't notice you at all. Sometimes NPCs and vehicles will vanish and be replaced by different ones if you look away from them for a moment. These aren't glitches; they're the game responding to the slightest and simplest of player interactions. Cybermeme's world hangs together by a shred, and has been outdone by pretty much any GTA clone from the last gen or the one before it.

Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2020, 04:38:48 AM »
the behavior of NPCs, and the general way the world works. If you commit a crime that no one sees, the police spawn out of nowhere right next to you, and you can easily escape them by simply breaking their line of sight for a short while. If you rescue a cowering NPC from gang members, they'll continue to cower without so much as a "thank you" or an acknowledgment that their situation has changed. If you park your car in the street, traffic will come to an absolute halt with no one making any effort to get around you. If you wave around weapons or fire in the air, NPCs around you will cower for a moment and then continue to ignore you, and NPCs in vehicles won't notice you at all. Sometimes NPCs and vehicles will vanish and be replaced by different ones if you look away from them for a moment.

I am glad you know how to read Reddit threads...

How many of these things did you experience yourself and how many did you copy/paste from things you read about from other people who were busy having fun with the game?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2020, 05:22:14 AM »
Are you really skeptical of the fact that over the course of my playing this game, I have: a) accidentally committed a crime and had to run from the police; b) completed a "street crime" by killing the gang members before they could kill the non-hostile NPC they were attacking; c) parked in the street and observed traffic come to a complete halt (bear in mind that there are no parking spots in the entire city; you have to park on either the road or the sidewalk); d) accidentally swung or fired my weapons in a non-hostile area and noticed the reactions from passers-by; e) turned around on occasion and noticed that people or vehicles that were there a moment ago have vanished? These are not obscure scenarios that only weirdos looking to break the game are going to find themselves in. They're just ordinary interactions with the game that virtually all ordinary players will be having.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2020, 05:58:08 AM »
There are actually a few parking garages and parking lots. I know for sure there's a parking garage just near your apartment.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2020, 06:17:22 AM »
Are you really skeptical of the fact that over the course of my playing this game, I have: a) accidentally committed a crime and had to run from the police; b) completed a "street crime" by killing the gang members before they could kill the non-hostile NPC they were attacking; c) parked in the street and observed traffic come to a complete halt (bear in mind that there are no parking spots in the entire city; you have to park on either the road or the sidewalk); d) accidentally swung or fired my weapons in a non-hostile area and noticed the reactions from passers-by; e) turned around on occasion and noticed that people or vehicles that were there a moment ago have vanished? These are not obscure scenarios that only weirdos looking to break the game are going to find themselves in. They're just ordinary interactions with the game that virtually all ordinary players will be having.

I will take this to mean you are mostly doing a copy/paste of complaints other people have posted and made memes about.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2020, 06:24:37 AM »
There are actually a few parking garages and parking lots. I know for sure there's a parking garage just near your apartment.

My bad, I forgot about the parking garage in your apartment building.

I will take this to mean you are mostly doing a copy/paste of complaints other people have posted and made memes about.

You are dumb and you post dumb things. Also, have a Dunkey video:

Everything Dunkey says is right.

ROFLROFLROFL

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2021, 11:39:49 PM »
the early version of the game sucked and was glitchy as heck! not only is it bugged it also was so bad that compared to any rockstar game is like a ant while all rockstar games are like a human that kill the ant.( watch the video on youtube that shows how red dead redemshion is better than cyberpunk 2077, even Gta 4 is better than it)