Direct flights in southern hemisphere
« on: October 04, 2015, 01:33:58 PM »
Hi, I am new here and new to the flat earth theory. From a biblical sense it makes a lot of sense to me. Jesus said when he comes again every eye will see him and I always wondered how that could be if the earth is a globe. I digress. My question is the following

People claim that there are no direct flights from South Africa to Australia, but I saw a direct one from Johannesburg to Australia , it was very expensive, but only about 12 hours and some people claim that they actually took the flight, so its not bogus. I know most of the flights go via the east but this really rattle my case. ??? They also saw the ice from antartica.

Next question. I can onderstand the ice on the so called south pole region on the flat earth model, but why are there ice in the north pole as well?

Re: Direct flights in southern hemisphere
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 10:55:52 AM »
People claim that there are no direct flights from South Africa to Australia, but I saw a direct one from Johannesburg to Australia , it was very expensive, but only about 12 hours and some people claim that they actually took the flight, so its not bogus. I know most of the flights go via the east but this really rattle my case. ???

Well, my good Sir, it rattles your case, because you want to believe the earth is flath. Maybe because it makes the most sense to you in particular (and a VERY few other people on a global scale, think about it), and that is all well and dandy. However, it rattles your case because this doesn't support the Flat Earth Model, and this exact question is left unanswered by those of whom are known to have the most scientific sound evidence for a flat earth.

So in short, it rattles your case, because it in reality disproves what you belief: The earth isn't flat.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline Orbisect-64

• I'M REVOLTING! . . . make of it what you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 10:29:45 AM »
So WHAT people told you they took the flight over Antarctica?

I found a video on YouTube where the man shot video of himself flying over Antarctica where he ought not.

I decided to look into the man who uploaded the video, and he turned out to be one of the lead scientists in the space program who tours the world indoctrinating people through schools and museums. So the man who posted a video of himself going over the south pole, just so happens to be connected to NASA and the space division with connections to military... yeah, whada coincidence.

And it's funny that BEFORE flat-earthers started noticing that flights don't go over Antarctica, there was curiously no flights and no evidence. Flat earth supporters started noticing this, and talking about it, and posting videos about it, and... SUDDENLY SHIZAM!!! articles started popping up all over the interwebs! GO FIGURE

You see this is how they play the game, they can write new history all they want. They can even post an article about how a bunch of explorers hiked across Antartica in the 50s if they want, and all they would need is to have some old photos of men walking in the snow. How would anyone know the difference—especially considering how featureless most of Antarctica is. Would you know it from certain parts of Alaska in the winter if no one told you different?

And then there's just the fact that the very first person who greets you on this site wants you to give up and go away. I see you've met your first SHILL! His very presence here attests to the fact that YOU are onto the truth.

But don't worry, half the flat-earthers on this site are also shills. If they were't, they would boot the ass-hat above off the site. But he's allowed to be here because they all play the same game... they don't want you to learn the truth. They'd be quicker to ban me, a believer, than they would to ban the shills.

So WHO said they took that flight across Antarctica? People you know personally? People from the airport? People on TV? Who? You gotta be careful, "who" can make all the difference in the world. Why would people even feel it necessary to advertise it, unless they just want to make sure people hear it.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 10:31:49 AM by Orbisect-64 »
PRONOIA: “The delusional belief that the world is set up to benefit people … The confident and assumed trust that despite years of lies and oppression, government is secretly conspiring in your favor.”

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 08:13:08 PM »
I just googled a flight from Johannesburg to Perth, South African Airways have one that last about 9 hours. Some of the other airlines also fly directly from SA to Australia

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 08:25:54 PM »
I also saw this

The smallest aircraft flying nonstop from Johannesburg, ZA to Australia is the Airbus A340-300 with 253 seats.
4,434 seats are available per week to fly direct from Johannesburg, ZA to Australia.
Qantas Airways has 7 nonstop flights between Johannesburg, ZA and Australia.
The largest aircraft flying nonstop from Johannesburg, ZA to Australia is the Boeing 747-400 with 353 seats.
The longest nonstop flight between Johannesburg, ZA and Australia is 6,847 miles.
There are no medium haul direct flights between Johannesburg, ZA and Australia.
Qantas Airways provides 50% of the nonstop flights from Johannesburg, ZA to Australia.
The quickest nonstop flight from Johannesburg, ZA to Australia lasts 9:30. ???

According to the Bible the earth seems to be flat, but Dr Michael Heiser said that the creation account should be seen in the light of the beliefs of the people from that time. They believe that the earth was flat with a metal dome on top of it and that the sun and the moon was fixed to the dome and that God was above and sheol underneath, but all that the bible writers wanted to communicate was that JHWH God was the creator and not the gods of the pagans.

I am not disputing the flat earth and believe that NASA is just spewing out lies, but whether the earth is flat or round is not going to make one dent in my salvation because I believe that God created it and He knew what he was doing

Offline Orbisect-64

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 06:31:33 AM »
I recommend going on YouTube and looking up the "long haul" argument. You can also do a search for "flights flat earth."

Although the videos won't cover Antarctica, they cover a principle. That principle is that just because a flight is advertised does not mean it exists. The videos will explain it better. It does't take anything for them to [make up] a standard flight, and then write a little storyline around it. But booking one yourself may prove to be a completely different story. Suddenly your flight has been canceled and you're asked to rebook... that sort of thing.

I recommend to anyone to go one one of those websites where you can make flights and start playing flight-point roulette.

As far as what the Bible says.

If you're a man of faith then perhaps you're familiar with 1 Timothy 3:16. It says that "All scripture is inspired of God...." That means that although men wrote it, it was divinely authored. So yes men wrote the words; but when it comes to accuracy it does't rely on the perspectives of the humans secretaries who penned God's thoughts.

And no, your salvation does not depend on whether or not you believe in the flat earth. But whether it's true or not makes a difference between whether or not God is a liar, or men are liars.

"let God be found true, even if every man be found a liar" —Romans 3:4

"Although claiming they were wise, they became foolish" —Romans 1:22

My only word of caution to you would be, do you really want to go down this rabbit hole?

Ephesians 4:25 tells us that we are under obligation to speak the truth to one another. What happens once you dig into this matter and find it to be true, is that you're locked in a position where you either have to shut your mouth about science, or speak the truth about it, and look like a fool—which is pretty much 100% guaranteed under the present world-mentality. I used to love talking about science, but now I find myself keeping my mouth shut most of the time.

You have to know how to pick your battles with this thing. Myself I tend to stick to proving that relativity and gravity is wrong, and thanks to some prominent scientists who are promoting geocentricism, now that's a safe subject to discuss with people and present evidence. But saying "flat earth" is a good way to lose respect fast.

So do you really want to look into it? Because salvation is not reliant upon knowing the truth about the flat earth, this may be a matter in which ignorance is bliss. But the good thing is that when God's name is vindicated, those who knowingly spread the lie will not be in existence, and the truth will be revealed one way or another. I tend to believe it's going to be revealed in the last hour—as indicated by scripture.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 06:35:40 AM by Orbisect-64 »
PRONOIA: “The delusional belief that the world is set up to benefit people … The confident and assumed trust that despite years of lies and oppression, government is secretly conspiring in your favor.”

Offline mister bickles

• while there's life, there's hope!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 09:10:29 AM »
 for me,  the Bible codes are a knock out blow for the supernatural origin of Scripture;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_code ;

http://www.biblecodedigest.com/ ;
nisi Dominus frustra

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 07:43:47 PM »
for me,  the Bible codes are a knock out blow for the supernatural origin of Scripture;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_code ;

http://www.biblecodedigest.com/ ;

Please stay on topic. This is not relevant.

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 08:45:46 PM »
I know that the Bible is inspired by God and that He is the source of all truth. I do however also believe that God has to communicate to us in a way that we can understand because His thoughts and ways are beyond our understanding. i have questions about both the flat earth and the globe model and even other dimentions, for every thing people can prove on one side, there are others that claims to prove the opposite. I will still search for the truth and pray for discernment. I also think people can be civilised in discussing opposite views and not being rude when someone disagrees. Everybody has to make up his own mind according to his beliefs.

Offline Orbisect-64

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 04:02:03 AM »
I know that the Bible is inspired by God and that He is the source of all truth. I do however also believe that God has to communicate to us in a way that we can understand because His thoughts and ways are beyond our understanding. i have questions about both the flat earth and the globe model and even other dimentions, for every thing people can prove on one side, there are others that claims to prove the opposite. I will still search for the truth and pray for discernment. I also think people can be civilised in discussing opposite views and not being rude when someone disagrees. Everybody has to make up his own mind according to his beliefs.

And in the same way it would be pointless to communicate with humans in a way they can understand by using terms contrary to understanding. If God's word is true, and he can not lie, he would not tell us one thing and yet mean something completely opposite.

For instance, the word "circle" mentioned at Isaiah 40:22 is the Hebrew word ḥūḡ or chugh (חוּג). A literal translation of the word is "a circle, as drawn by hand." We could say to ourselves "well God conveyed the word "circle" to Isaiah because Isaiah would have understood a circle better than a sphere. Isaiah would't have known what a sphere is, and that would have confused him." That reasoning works... until we learn that Isaiah wrote the word for ball (sphere) at Isaiah 22:18. The words ball and sphere are just shapes, they are not impossible concepts—so God would have had no reason to think "I can't let them know I mean ball, because they wouldn't be able to understand it." Isaiah and God were both very familiar with both words, and yet the word "chugh" is used four times in the Bible—and sphere ws put in there to make sure we know that they knew the difference.

Have you ever tried to draw a sphere? Please give it a try and tell me how it world out. Chuch means "a circle, as drawn by hand." It's literally impossible to draw by hand a three dimensional ball. And that's the point, just as impossible as it is to draw a sphere, it is equally impossible that he meant that he drew a sphere.

So yes, God had his word written in a way we humans can understand. And the Israelites and we today can understood both a ball and a circle, and it was written according to what the author wanted to convey.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:07:40 AM by Orbisect-64 »

Offline amd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 06:11:23 AM »
I just googled a flight from Johannesburg to Perth, South African Airways have one that last about 9 hours. Some of the other airlines also fly directly from SA to Australia

The really long route according to the Gleeson's New Standard Map of the World (Flat Earth Map) is from Australia to South America (not South Africa). Strangely if you look at flight times for Melbourne on the globe websites you get longer flight times from New York than Buenos Aries.

According to: http://www.travelmath.com

Melbourne, Australia -> Buenos Aries, Argentina = 14 hours, 57 minutes
 Melbourne, Australia -> Buenos Aries, Argentina = 7,228 miles / 11 633 km

Melbourne, Australia -> New York, USA = 10,359 miles / 16 672 km
 Melbourne, Australia -> New York, USA = 21 hours, 13 minutes

The distance of 7,228 miles looks to be accurate according to the Gleeson's flat earth map, yet the value of 10,359 is exagerrated it should probably be no more than 8,000 miles on the Gleeson's flat earth map.

So if that's the case how do they fake a curvature? It looks like what they are doing is going direct according to the flat earth map for the southern hemisphere yet manipulating the northern hemisphere routes to pad the times to portray a curvature.

In other words, a direct flight from New York to Melbourne should really take no more than 14 hours yet they take a long cut and make it take 21 hours.

Gleeson's flat earth map: http://tinyurl.com/ho82otl

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 07:11:30 AM »

The really long route according to the Gleeson's New Standard Map of the World (Flat Earth Map) is from Australia to South America (not South Africa). Strangely if you look at flight times for Melbourne on the globe websites you get longer flight times from New York than Buenos Aries.

According to: http://www.travelmath.com

Melbourne, Australia -> Buenos Aries, Argentina = 14 hours, 57 minutes
 Melbourne, Australia -> Buenos Aries, Argentina = 7,228 miles / 11 633 km

Melbourne, Australia -> New York, USA = 10,359 miles / 16 672 km
 Melbourne, Australia -> New York, USA = 21 hours, 13 minutes

The distance of 7,228 miles looks to be accurate according to the Gleeson's flat earth map, yet the value of 10,359 is exagerrated it should probably be no more than 8,000 miles on the Gleeson's flat earth map.

So if that's the case how do they fake a curvature? It looks like what they are doing is going direct according to the flat earth map for the southern hemisphere yet manipulating the northern hemisphere routes to pad the times to portray a curvature.

In other words, a direct flight from New York to Melbourne should really take no more than 14 hours yet they take a long cut and make it take 21 hours.

Gleeson's flat earth map: http://tinyurl.com/ho82otl
You claim: "The distance of 7,228 miles looks to be accurate according to the Gleeson's flat earth map, yet the value of 10,359 is exagerrated it should probably be no more than 8,000 miles on the Gleeson's flat earth map."
No way, José! Try again.
If you use the "Gleason's Map" as a "flat earth map", the distance between the equator and the North Pole has to be taken as 10,000 km, or about 6,200 miles.
I did the scaling for the QANTAS Sydney to Santiago flight QF27, for which the distance on the Gleason's Map is about 25,400 km (15,780 miles)  vs. the great circle distance of 11,400 km (7,080 miles) .
See the maps in Re: My Flight Path Experiment Findings on the Flat VS Globe Earth. Explain Why? « Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 10:47:00 AM ».

Offline Round fact

• Science and math over opinion
    • View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 07:31:23 PM »
Flightstats.com is a site that live tracks airline routes. Look up the Airline and flt number, enter it and it tells you where the light is.

Of course they fake right?

Okay, book a flight, and when you can't take it, rebook. On the 3rd attempt call a lawyer and sue the Airline for fraud.  Nice way to get  rich AND prove your point.

Offline Round fact

• Science and math over opinion
    • View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2016, 07:39:37 PM »
I recommend going on YouTube and looking up the "long haul" argument. You can also do a search for "flights flat earth."

Although the videos won't cover Antarctica, they cover a principle. That principle is that just because a flight is advertised does not mean it exists. The videos will explain it better. It does't take anything for them to [make up] a standard flight, and then write a little storyline around it. But booking one yourself may prove to be a completely different story. Suddenly your flight has been canceled and you're asked to rebook... that sort of thing.

I recommend to anyone to go one one of those websites where you can make flights and start playing flight-point roulette.

As far as what the Bible says.

If you're a man of faith then perhaps you're familiar with 1 Timothy 3:16. It says that "All scripture is inspired of God...." That means that although men wrote it, it was divinely authored. So yes men wrote the words; but when it comes to accuracy it does't rely on the perspectives of the humans secretaries who penned God's thoughts.

And no, your salvation does not depend on whether or not you believe in the flat earth. But whether it's true or not makes a difference between whether or not God is a liar, or men are liars.

"let God be found true, even if every man be found a liar" —Romans 3:4

"Although claiming they were wise, they became foolish" —Romans 1:22

My only word of caution to you would be, do you really want to go down this rabbit hole?

Ephesians 4:25 tells us that we are under obligation to speak the truth to one another. What happens once you dig into this matter and find it to be true, is that you're locked in a position where you either have to shut your mouth about science, or speak the truth about it, and look like a fool—which is pretty much 100% guaranteed under the present world-mentality. I used to love talking about science, but now I find myself keeping my mouth shut most of the time.

You have to know how to pick your battles with this thing. Myself I tend to stick to proving that relativity and gravity is wrong, and thanks to some prominent scientists who are promoting geocentricism, now that's a safe subject to discuss with people and present evidence. But saying "flat earth" is a good way to lose respect fast.

So do you really want to look into it? Because salvation is not reliant upon knowing the truth about the flat earth, this may be a matter in which ignorance is bliss. But the good thing is that when God's name is vindicated, those who knowingly spread the lie will not be in existence, and the truth will be revealed one way or another. I tend to believe it's going to be revealed in the last hour—as indicated by scripture.

If you went back in time say 200 years, found a person with an IQ of 200 and brought him/her to 2016, they would not be capable of writing a description of the modern that would make sense to the masses of 200 years ago.

Read Revelation; Do you honestly understand what is coming in detail in what many believe will happen in our life times? And you are educated in ALL of the Bible  and planes and bombs and war and weapons. What makes you think Abraham was less intelligent than you?

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2016, 04:51:08 PM »
Hi, I am new here and new to the flat earth theory. From a biblical sense it makes a lot of sense to me. Jesus said when he comes again every eye will see him and I always wondered how that could be if the earth is a globe.

You know that under normal circumstances, water does not just turn into wine.  You believe Jesus performed a miracle and made that happen.
You know that humans cannot walk on water.  You believe Jesus performed a miracle and did exactly that, and included Peter too until his faith wavered.
You know that death is final.  You believe that Jesus performed a miracle and raised Lazarus, then topped that by Himself rising on the third day, and someday will raise us all for Judgement Day.
You know that fiery furnaces are not survivable.  You believe God performed a miracle and preserved Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
You know seas don't part on command, shrubberies don't speak, water doesn't come from rocks, food doesn't fall from the sky, the sun never stops moving in the sky, etc, etc.  I could go on, as could you, but the point is: Jesus can do MIRACLES!!!  Why, on His triumphant return, would Jesus suddenly eschew miracles and limit Himself to the laws of physics and geometry?

The lesson here is one should not use miracles, past or prophesy,
as the basis for understanding how the world usually is.

Miracles are the very definition of NOT how the world usually is
(or they wouldn't be miraculous, would they?)

Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice