Offline truth

• View Profile
Round earth using flat earth material once again.
« on: December 05, 2016, 08:51:13 AM »
My common sense tell me, if something is obscured by the horizon it my well be because of refraction so what the cowards say:
if something can be seen in horizon it because of refraction, so they go the lab and prepare some miniature experiment to show that, but seemingly nothing will change their mind that both can be true.

2) my common sense tell me: if the horizon is a straight line it shows the earth cannot be round, because if you see a building 60 miles away you would expect to see a subtle curve make it to the building, NO NO you can't because we found some formula(the refraction type formula) to support our idea that the earth is small and insignificant so they may do whatever they want here and have no meaning to their actions.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 08:55:26 AM by truth »

Offline truth

• View Profile
Re: Round earth using flat earth material once again.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 08:55:49 AM »
Predictions: someone is going to use mathematics.

Offline truth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 09:01:50 AM »
Predictions of disappointment: No other flat earther going to support my ideas.

Offline truth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 09:12:10 AM »
Most of the mathematics built upon the idea that earth is round so what the hell would you expect it to show ?

Offline truth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 09:15:57 AM »
Nice point of view: Most of the round earthers here are atheists or has religious atheistic point of view(where their own god is utterly stupid).
I am not a religious guy yet, I do believe in supreme power ruling the world, so to see a mirage of Chicago skyline, I mean,not to see new York from Ireland is a way to separate between the people who believe in themselves(believe in a supreme power) and people who believe in nothing.

Offline truth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 09:19:36 AM »
Round earthers prone to:
1)no life after death
2)no god at all, everything is amazingly chaotic.
3)people feeling are not to consider
4)Why things are happening, is something not to consider.
Bottom line: they are tendentious and you can tell it very clearly.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 10:33:28 AM »
My common sense tell me,

It would seem from the rest of what you wrote, that common sense is not that common.

Predictions: someone is going to use mathematics

Well, if you don't understand mathematics this would be a problem, as would trying to make a bridge span a gap and hold up against a cross wind, but I suppose common sense would suffice.

If you are in a community of bampots, and the other bampots think what you say is wrong, does that make you king of the bampots, or the lowest bampot? This is a fundamental question, that has yet to be resolved (See Sandy & Tom (the garlic) Bishop).

I am not a religious guy yet, I do believe in supreme power ruling the world, so to see a mirage of Chicago skyline, I mean,not to see new York from Ireland is a way to separate between the people who believe in themselves(believe in a supreme power) and people who believe in nothing.

You are going to have to help me out here. Are you saying that only a non religious believer in a higher force would see New York from Ireland? If so would his camera be able to get me a photo?

Round earthers prone to:
1)no life after death  RE's are diverse, but true for me
2)no god at all, See above
 everything is amazingly chaotic. The weather largely is, at the quantum scale an awful lot is, in general it's a mix
3)people feeling are not to consider Not true. You would not believe the amount of constraint I am exercising at this moment
4)Why things are happening, That's science, we like science. is something not to consider.That's religion, In the beginning was the word!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 11:09:30 AM by Jura-Glenlivet »
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline truth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 11:38:59 AM »
My common sense tell me,

It would seem from the rest of what you wrote, that common sense is not that common.

Predictions: someone is going to use mathematics

Well, if you don't understand mathematics this would be a problem, as would trying to make a bridge span a gap and hold up against a cross wind, but I suppose common sense would suffice.

If you are in a community of bampots, and the other bampots think what you say is wrong, does that make you king of the bampots, or the lowest bampot? This is a fundamental question, that has yet to be resolved (See Sandy & Tom (the garlic) Bishop).

You are going to have to help me out here. Are you saying that only a non religious believer in a higher force would see New York from Ireland? If so would his camera be able to get me a photo?

Round earthers prone to:
1)no life after death  RE's are diverse, but true for me
2)no god at all, See above
 everything is amazingly chaotic. The weather largely is, at the quantum scale an awful lot is, in general it's a mix
3)people feeling are not to consider Not true. You would not believe the amount of constraint I am exercising at this moment
4)Why things are happening, That's science, we like science. is something not to consider.That's religion, In the beginning was the word!

1) common sense is a common sense, If I would used other things like common view of the world I won't use common.

Offline Ytho

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 11:44:02 AM »
Round earthers prone to:
1)no life after death
2)no god at all, everything is amazingly chaotic.
3)people feeling are not to consider
4)Why things are happening, is something not to consider.
Bottom line: they are tendentious and you can tell it very clearly.

Nah, I think what you mean is

Round earthers, they use science! If you don't believe the world is round I have no idea how to argue.

No god due to believing in scientific fact proving it's impossible.

Earth is round due to scientific fact making because being flat would cause serious gravitation problems. (Let me guess you don't believe in gravity?)

No life after death, more science!

Peoples feelings (People with common sense don't have time for idiotic conspiracy theories.)

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 11:52:47 AM »
My common sense tell me, if something is obscured by the horizon it my well be because of refraction so what the cowards say:
if something can be seen in horizon it because of refraction, so they go the lab and prepare some miniature experiment to show that, but seemingly nothing will change their mind that both can be true.

2) my common sense tell me: if the horizon is a straight line it shows the earth cannot be round, because if you see a building 60 miles away you would expect to see a subtle curve make it to the building, NO NO you can't because we found some formula(the refraction type formula) to support our idea that the earth is small and insignificant so they may do whatever they want here and have no meaning to their actions.

1) Where do flat earthers claim that "something is obscured by the horizon" might "well be because of refraction"?
All I have seen is that it is supposedly caused by "perspective".

Now if you look into the history, you will find:
Quote from: Donald E. Simanek
The Flat Earth, Early Ideas About the Shape of the Earth
Aristotle argued for a spherical earth, for these reasons:

• The gradual disappearance of ships over the horizon, the tops of the sails disappearing last.
  • The shape of the curved shadow of the earth on the moon during eclipses.
  • The variation of the sun's elevation with latitude. (This was the basis of Eratosthenes' measurement.)
  • The variation of a star's elevation with latitude. The fact that one sees new stars as one moves north or south on the earth's surface.
  • Matter tends to form into drops or globs, and the earth, in forming from chaotic matter, did the same.
  • Proof by elephants: When one travels west from Greece, one finds elephants (African). When one travels east one finds elephants (Asian). Not realizing that these elephants are different kinds, he thought that one was traveling to the same lands by going in opposite directions.
The last two are obviously (to us) irrelevant, but the others represent valid arguments based on observations of nature.

From The Flat Earth, Early Ideas About the Shape of the Earth.[/b]]The Flat Earth, Early Ideas About the Shape of the Earth.
So, I think that, far from "Round earth using flat earth material once again" the shoe is on the other foot!

2) Show me your picture of "building 60 miles away" and explain what you mean.
     If you simply mean that the horizon is level and the buildings don't "tilt back", we are just applying a bit of common sense. We didn't "borrow" and argument from flat earthers.

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 12:10:11 PM »

I can only assume that you mean that mathematics doesn't play a part in FET.  This explains quite a bit actually.

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 03:45:56 PM »
Can we see some material from the outer limits (the edges) what does the sides look like what's the thickness are the sides curved or? What's on the other side of our flat earth

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2016, 02:34:06 AM »

imagine , if you can  , that you're standing in the middle on top of a very large balloon  with someone , and they start walking off away from you , once they get to where the balloon starts to curve you'll see less of them , now lets say  they reached the circumference of the balloon  from where you're standing you won't be able to see them

now imagine if the balloon was punctured , and when it fully deflated onto the ground , and you were still standing where you  were originally , and the other person was still  at the circumference , you'd be able to see them because the balloon is flat

pump the balloon back up , and voila   you can't see them ,

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2016, 05:31:41 PM »
Nope, just a couple pictures I took from two different elevations. 

Offline Rekt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 01:55:42 PM »

Do you seriously think that we, some evolved monkeys on one of the trillions of planets out there, are significant? No, we are not. The purpose of life is to MAKE us significant.