Round Earth Information Repository
« on: July 30, 2016, 10:38:31 PM »
Introducing the Round Earth Poor-Man's Wiki.

Feel free to submit your own proofs/explanations/forum links!

geckothegeek

Re: Round Earth Information Repository
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 04:31:02 AM »

How about the horizon for a start ?

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 07:55:08 AM »

Yep. I will add stuff continuously as I get a chance. Feel free to help me out though! We need to hunt down all the good proofs/explanations from old forum posts.

geckothegeek

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 05:18:49 PM »

Yep. I will add stuff continuously as I get a chance. Feel free to help me out though! We need to hunt down all the good proofs/explanations from old forum posts.

For a start you might check out the threads on "ships going over the horizon ", the definitiion of the  horizon , and how to estimate the distance to the horizon.

I started a thread on how some amateur radio operators estimated  the distance from the earth to the moon.

Of course all you are going to get from the fe's are denials, "they're fakes" and "they're all liars"....and even worse. LOL.

I made a suggestion that this website just be a "Flat Earth Fiction" website. I should have known better. It got nowhere. Except one rude reply. LOL.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 05:21:12 PM by geckothegeek »

Rama Set

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 05:53:04 PM »

For a start you might check out the threads on "ships going over the horizon ", the definitiion of the  horizon , and how to estimate the distance to the horizon.

I started a thread on how some amateur radio operators estimated  the distance from the earth to the moon.

Of course all you are going to get from the fe's are denials, "they're fakes" and "they're all liars"....and even worse. LOL.

I made a suggestion that this website just be a "Flat Earth Fiction" website. I should have known better. It got nowhere. Except one rude reply. LOL.

Why dont you help him by finding links, etc...

geckothegeek

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 09:47:11 PM »
Some suugested links:

For information on the amateur radio "Moon Bounce" you could contact The American Radio Relay League and ask about "EME" or Earth-to-Moon-to-Earth.
www.arrl.com
Incidentally. The ham radio operators weren't necessarily trying to measure the distance. Just "extreme DX". LOL

For "the distance to the horizon" you can search on that subject and get several links explaining it.