Online RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
Re: RE believers - why are you here?
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2018, 04:23:13 AM »
I came across this site in my quest for learning more about quantum mechanics.  That lead me to a bunch of on-line videos.  Somewhere a long the way I came up with a link to this site.  The thinking here is interesting.  It has made me take a look at some of my old math and physics books that are still in my bookcase.  All I can say is that I will never be able to 'prove' anything to a biased jury.  I would never be able to prove to my wife, with just words, that I went to the grocery store.  If I produce that quart of milk and a receipt, that's the 'game changer'.  The game changer for the round earth folks is the engineering, products, and services that are in everyday use that were developed using the theories of the round earth.  If the flat earth folks want to make a real impression, then just use that theory to better what's being done using the round earth model.  There are things out there that are limited by the 'curvature of the earth'.  If that theory is actually false, don't try to prove that it's false, just develop a product or service that is demonstratively better because of it.  Put your theory into action and produce something of value.  Then you will get the attention of everyone and most of the arguments will go away and the believers will be flocking towards FET.
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!

Curiosity File

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2018, 04:55:59 AM »
I came across this site in my quest for learning more about quantum mechanics.  That lead me to a bunch of on-line videos.  Somewhere a long the way I came up with a link to this site.  The thinking here is interesting.  It has made me take a look at some of my old math and physics books that are still in my bookcase.  All I can say is that I will never be able to 'prove' anything to a biased jury.  I would never be able to prove to my wife, with just words, that I went to the grocery store.  If I produce that quart of milk and a receipt, that's the 'game changer'.  The game changer for the round earth folks is the engineering, products, and services that are in everyday use that were developed using the theories of the round earth.  If the flat earth folks want to make a real impression, then just use that theory to better what's being done using the round earth model.  There are things out there that are limited by the 'curvature of the earth'.  If that theory is actually false, don't try to prove that it's false, just develop a product or service that is demonstratively better because of it.  Put your theory into action and produce something of value.  Then you will get the attention of everyone and most of the arguments will go away and the believers will be flocking towards FET.

Ron you need scientific evidence and proof something will work before anyone would invest time and money in manufacturing and marketing a product. In this case the only thing standing in the way of FE believers from making huge profits is 'curvature'.

Online RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2018, 05:33:29 AM »
In the case of microwave links, that are said to be limited by the curvature of the earth, you can have many radio amateurs (like I am) that will just try a link for the fun of it.  There isn't any money involved.  Many work for large companies in their technical department.  Many are owners of small businesses (like I used to be) and would gladly try something if they thought some money could be made.  There were a lot of people who thought that the V-8 engine wasn't a very practical idea until they were 'schooled' by Henry Ford.  Look at the controversy between AC and DC electricity.  DC was the accepted model and had Edison behind it.  Tesla thought that AC had outstanding advantages.  Guess who won over the long haul?  I can personally attest that even a small businessman can get the attention of a large corporation if he has a viable idea and can produce a working prototype.  Again, if the flat earth theory is viable, you don't really need a whole bunch of proof or scientific evidence.  What you need is a working prototype.  Turn it over to a large corporation and let them test it.  Of course you will have to protect yourself from them if they decide to steal your idea, but then, who can steal the idea that the earth is actually flat?   
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!