Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
Re: Why space launches?
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2017, 07:54:31 PM »
All this nonsense about reptile shape shifters and imaginary domes and still not a single flat Earther has touched my original question!

Ah, satellites are launched into the sky via rockets dude. Or previously in the cargo hold of the space shuttles. Now we can argue if a satellite was really in a rocket or in the shuttle but the facts are, you ain't never seen one but you believe NASA.....

You "ain't never seen" a man walk on water or raise the dead but you believe in a 2000-year-old Jewish zombie that was his own father...

“The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible.”  ― Nikola Tesla
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2017, 07:59:26 PM »
Why not have communication systems tethered to balloons or in aircraft circling above? Who needs satellites other than making several million off unsuspecting clients.

Herein lies the heart of my question - WHY????  I get cable tv from a cable that runs underground. The cable companies make billions off of clients that don't care how their favorites shows make it to their TVs. There is no need to claim something is using a satellite if it isn't!!

As far as tethered balloons or circling aircraft - there aren't any. They would be all over.

I have a feeling you walk around with your head down most the time, like a sad very sad puppy.

Approx. 657,000 weather balloons are released every single year. (corrected year not day)

https://www.weather.gov/bmx/kidscorner_weatherballoons
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 08:18:32 PM by J-Man »
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2017, 08:07:41 PM »
All this nonsense about reptile shape shifters and imaginary domes and still not a single flat Earther has touched my original question!

Ah, satellites are launched into the sky via rockets dude. Or previously in the cargo hold of the space shuttles. Now we can argue if a satellite was really in a rocket or in the shuttle but the facts are, you ain't never seen one but you believe NASA.....

You "ain't never seen" a man walk on water or raise the dead but you believe in a 2000-year-old Jewish zombie that was his own father...

“The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible.”  ― Nikola Tesla
"There is no conflict between the ideal of religion and the ideal of science, but science is opposed to theological dogmas because science is founded on fact. To me, the universe is simply a great machine which never came into being and never will end. The human being is no exception to the natural order. Man, like the universe, is a machine. Nothing enters our minds or determines our actions which is not directly or indirectly a response to stimuli beating upon our sense organs from without.” - Nikola Tesla

Contextless quotes are quite pretty aren't they?

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2017, 08:33:17 PM »
Why not have communication systems tethered to balloons or in aircraft circling above? Who needs satellites other than making several million off unsuspecting clients.

Herein lies the heart of my question - WHY????  I get cable tv from a cable that runs underground. The cable companies make billions off of clients that don't care how their favorites shows make it to their TVs. There is no need to claim something is using a satellite if it isn't!!

As far as tethered balloons or circling aircraft - there aren't any. They would be all over.

I have a feeling you walk around with your head down most the time, like a sad very sad puppy.

Approx. 657,000 weather balloons are released every single year. (corrected year not day)

I have a feeling you don't know what the word tethered means. Weather balloons are not tethered and would not be horribly useful for broadcasting TV.
It's amazing what kind of images a father and son can get with a camera and a weather balloon. Look at the beautiful curve of our globe.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2649692/Thats-world-Homemade-helium-space-balloon-captures-breathtaking-images-Scottish-highlands.html
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2017, 08:45:39 PM »

I have a feeling you don't know what the word tethered means. Weather balloons are not tethered and would not be horribly useful for broadcasting TV.
It's amazing what kind of images a father and son can get with a camera and a weather balloon. Look at the beautiful curve of our globe.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2649692/Thats-world-Homemade-helium-space-balloon-captures-breathtaking-images-Scottish-highlands.html

Amazing how the curvature doesn't show up at low altitudes.  Hmmm. 
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2017, 09:46:07 PM »

It's a fisheye lens, you can tell by just watching their video as the horizon inverts.

You can tether equipment to a balloon.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2017, 11:33:24 PM »

It's a fisheye lens, you can tell by just watching their video as the horizon inverts.

You can tether equipment to a balloon.
Nice try on the tethered balloon comment, but we both know what you meant.

These are fisheye lens photos. Notice how it distorts EVERYTHING in the image. You don't see that in the stills from the video or the video itself. Isn't it odd that all the pics you see from space show a round Earth. Even those done by amateurs. Not every camera in the world is a fisheye.

-Terry50

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2017, 11:42:48 PM »
Sorry Stink but the video clearly shows the horizon inverting. That's a tweeker lens.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2017, 12:09:50 AM »
Sorry Stink but the video clearly shows the horizon inverting. That's a tweeker lens.

Only when the camera flipped, it showed a flat horizon low and a curved one higher up. Not fisheye or "tweeker".

70k feet in a U2. Notice the lack of bowing of the wing, notice the straight bridges, the straight roads - there is no distortion of the details and yet that horizon is clearly an arc.
-Terry50

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2017, 12:32:10 AM »
That's not a very good picture to make your point. Both the cloud section and unobstructed horizon both look flat when measured individually.

I'm tossing that photo out, also there is damage to the plexiglass window at the top.

Try again

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2017, 12:45:34 AM »

Only when the camera flipped, it showed a flat horizon low and a curved one higher up. Not fisheye or "tweeker".

70k feet in a U2. Notice the lack of bowing of the wing, notice the straight bridges, the straight roads - there is no distortion of the details and yet that horizon is clearly an arc.

There's still distortion, likely from the window/fuselage. Sorry, friend, but even in RET the curvature wouldn't be that evident at a mere 70K feet.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2017, 01:10:49 AM »
LOL, damage to the plexiglass, but no distortion in the pic. People see what they want. We have thousands and thousands of pics and yet not one shows a world surrounded by an ice wall. Not one shows the edge of the would against some mystical plane of imaginary whatever. Nothing to indicate the world as flat, and yet you guys argue about distortion. I thought all these photos were faked by NASA. I guess that isn't an option anymore since anyone with some cash and a little tech savvy can see the Earth's curvature. Gotta come up with a new reason, so the cameras are distorted.

What do you FEers think about the space tourists that Russia flew to the ISS?? Did they hallucinate or something???
-Terry50

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2017, 01:23:51 AM »
LOL, damage to the plexiglass, but no distortion in the pic. People see what they want. We have thousands and thousands of pics and yet not one shows a world surrounded by an ice wall. Not one shows the edge of the would against some mystical plane of imaginary whatever. Nothing to indicate the world as flat, and yet you guys argue about distortion. I thought all these photos were faked by NASA. I guess that isn't an option anymore since anyone with some cash and a little tech savvy can see the Earth's curvature. Gotta come up with a new reason, so the cameras are distorted.

What do you FEers think about the space tourists that Russia flew to the ISS?? Did they hallucinate or something???

Nice rant, but the picture is still distorted. You simply won't get that pronounced curvature at 70K feet in RET.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2017, 03:27:50 AM »

Nice rant, but the picture is still distorted. You simply won't get that pronounced curvature at 70K feet in RET.

Sigh, ignore the meat and stick with the fluff. Where is your ice wall? What about the laypeople who have been to the ISS??? None of the flat Earth stuff is there, the wing and ground objects show no distortion, but yet you say it's there. It has to be right? The Earth can't be round. I'm not entirely ranting, I'm bringing up very obvious deficiencies and no one on the FE side will touch them because they can't. Look, there is no grand conspiracy. NASA does launch rockets into space, as do private companies and other nations.
-Terry50

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2017, 04:37:02 AM »

Sigh, ignore the meat and stick with the fluff. Where is your ice wall? What about the laypeople who have been to the ISS??? None of the flat Earth stuff is there, the wing and ground objects show no distortion, but yet you say it's there. It has to be right? The Earth can't be round. I'm not entirely ranting, I'm bringing up very obvious deficiencies and no one on the FE side will touch them because they can't. Look, there is no grand conspiracy. NASA does launch rockets into space, as do private companies and other nations.

You are right in that you are not entirely ranting. You are also deflecting. No worries, it is a common trait of round earth logicians.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2017, 11:46:37 AM »

You are right in that you are not entirely ranting. You are also deflecting. No worries, it is a common trait of round earth logicians.

Let's try this - that pic is super deformed. That is totally a flat Earth. Where is your ice wall and what about the space tourism?
-Terry50

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2017, 05:58:58 PM »

There's still distortion, likely from the window/fuselage. Sorry, friend, but even in RET the curvature wouldn't be that evident at a mere 70K feet.

Wrong.  Here is a control picture of a U2 and the one with the curvature.  The shape of the wing matches.  If there was lens distortion it would show up in the wing and well as the bridge at the lower edge.  The wing is a straight edge out to almost the end where it curves in, matching the control.

There is obviously no curvilinear distortion in the control since the roads are straight lines.

This proves the curvature is visible. 

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2017, 06:41:57 PM »

To be clear, that is what you think curvature at 70K feet with that FoV would actually look like?

I thought you folks actually had even a slight understanding of the RE model. Oh well, I guess I will leave you to it...

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2017, 06:54:29 PM »

To be clear, that is what you think curvature at 70K feet with that FoV would actually look like?

I thought you folks actually had even a slight understanding of the RE model. Oh well, I guess I will leave you to it...

I'm still trying to understand the FE model. None of it's supporters seem to even have a coherent idea of what it is. The image clearly has no distortion as shown by the numerous straight lines and yet the horizon is curved. I'm guessing the ice wall is right over the horizon in that pic. I wonder if that plane crashed into the dome?
-Terry50

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2017, 07:02:31 PM »

Like most people, I have not been to 70k feet.  But I have a working knowledge of lenses and distortion and have several times spoken out about the distortion in pics posted where it was obvious.  I also assumed you had a basic knowledge of distortion since you claimed you saw it.  I notice you yet again ignored the proof that you were wrong and chose to insult instead.  Cute.