Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Sunrise and Sunset
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2017, 05:41:42 PM »
It appears that there is not really mountains of evidence for these sorts of phenomena, as we are constantly told, and defenders must resort to the "I proved it myself when I was 13 years old" arguments.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2017, 06:41:23 PM »
It appears that there is not really mountains of evidence for these sorts of phenomena, as we are constantly told, and defenders must resort to the "I proved it myself when I was 13 years old" arguments.

Or..."I'm calling you a liar because I have no good answer of my own."

Honestly - we need a list of the kinds of evidence you'll accept.  It seems to get smaller and smaller every day.

PRECISELY: What evidence will you accept?
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2017, 07:25:25 PM »
Just post the MOUNTAINS of evidence we are being told that exists for this type of phenomena. Go get it and bring it here. Google. GO.

« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2017, 08:27:25 PM »
Just post the MOUNTAINS of evidence we are being told that exists for this type of phenomena. Go get it and bring it here. Google. GO.
Are you suggesting that those people who use sunrise and sunset data from various sources find it to be incorrect?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2017, 08:36:35 PM »
Are you suggesting that those people who use sunrise and sunset data from various sources find it to be incorrect?

We have zero data right now to say anything about it. How embarrassing for this millennia old model with mountains of evidence supposedly behind it.

« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2017, 08:44:39 PM »

We have zero data right now to say anything about it. How embarrassing for this millennia old model with mountains of evidence supposedly behind it.
You could collect data from your location and that of others you describe as 'we' which might prove a flat earth.

Offline Merkava

• Masterdebater
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2017, 12:04:02 AM »

Says the guy with no working map who doesn't know when or where the sun is rises or sets.  I've said it, I've linked and I've said it again.  The WIKI, YOUR WIKI, THIS WEBSITES WIKI, says equinox overhead noon sun is fact.  If you can't comprehend or except evidence you probably had a hand in posting, why bother showing you anything further?  Your not a serious opponent.
Is it really too much effort to visualize in your head a light rolling around the middle of a plate isn't going to be "east" or "west" of anything it touches EVER?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2017, 12:45:05 AM »

Says the guy with no working map who doesn't know when or where the sun is rises or sets.  I've said it, I've linked and I've said it again.  The WIKI, YOUR WIKI, THIS WEBSITES WIKI, says equinox overhead noon sun is fact.  If you can't comprehend or except evidence you probably had a hand in posting, why bother showing you anything further?  Your not a serious opponent.

The wiki says that the sun is overhead at the equator on noon equinox day. Where does it say that the sun will set exactly due west from there?

Offline Merkava

• Masterdebater
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2017, 02:27:09 AM »

The wiki says that the sun is overhead at the equator on noon equinox day. Where does it say that the sun will set exactly due west from there?

Riddle me this Tom:

If:

The Sun's orbit on the Equinox is Directly over the Equator
http://wiki.tfes.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions#How_do_you_explain_day.2Fnight_cycles_and_seasons.3F
http://wiki.tfes.org/Finding_your_Latitude_and_Longitude

and:
How long is a day?  24 hours.
Every point on the Equator is East and West of every other point. (Only on a compass on your map)
http://wiki.tfes.org/Circumnavigation
Also given your assertion:
No, the sun does not rise directly east and set directly west. The direction the sun rises from ranges through the year from the North-East to the South-East, and the direction it sets ranges from North-West to South-West.
Guess what day it transitions from NE-SE and NW-SW?

THEREFORE:

When it's noon at a point on the equator (at least 6 hours into the Equinox) it's also, rising and setting, at another location on the equator.

and right there is where the FE map epic fails.  Because you can drive east or west with a compass on the FE map and go in a circle, but you can't look east or west or draw a line east or west OR SHINE A SUN!!!  and get a circle. 

It can't be any other way.  Again, this was just to make it easy to visualize and use THIS sites wiki as a "source".  It's just as much of a problem every other day of the year as well.
Easy illustration:
https://ibb.co/ciBkN5
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 02:34:00 AM by Merkava »
Is it really too much effort to visualize in your head a light rolling around the middle of a plate isn't going to be "east" or "west" of anything it touches EVER?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2017, 08:20:41 AM »
And... where are the real world observations to back up your assertions?

« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2017, 12:24:15 PM »
Please give details of what you would accept as 'real world observations'.  Have you made any?

« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2017, 01:15:29 PM »
Are you suggesting you regularly see the sun setting North of West by roughly 40 degrees? Because that's the only reason we would need to provide observations. You keep doing this, acting as though it's on us to prove certain ideas correct. This is your model we're working with here. You need to explain how, just by placing the sun upon where it should be and locating the sight lines to it from two locations, it doesn't match up with common observations. The sun rises roughly East, and sets roughly West, even your own wiki agrees with that. So how can the positions on your map look to have it set roughly 40 degrees North of an observer looking West?

Offline Merkava

• Masterdebater
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2017, 02:04:33 PM »

The sun rose here (in the REAL world) at 5:59am, in the East, just like everyday.  (Shocking)  I know because it shines in my freaking eyes on the way to work.  As has been shown, that can't happen on your map. 

Burden of proof is on you.
I can't go observe the sun doing whatever the hell yours would be doing, because I'm limited to the real world.
You presented a map and a wiki and a theory.  Those don't work with what everyone here including you are seeing, an easterly sunrise.  So WHERE ARE YOUR "REAL" WORLD OBSERVATIONS that the sun doesn't rise in the east?  Or rebut the logic (for once, this is a debate after all).  You won't because you can't.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2017, 04:11:42 PM »

From our experience, its when the results do not agree with your model, you stop posting about it.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2017, 06:06:16 PM »
So there are no observations or evidence for the numerous claims that have been made for this superior globe earth model with tons of supposed evidence behind it, and just excuses and challenges to "prove me wrong". I see.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2017, 06:13:38 PM »
So there are no observations or evidence for the numerous claims that have been made for this superior globe earth model with tons of supposed evidence behind it, and just excuses and challenges to "prove me wrong". I see.

There is obvious evidence that the direction of the sunset in the real world does not match the diagram of the FE map from the fabled WIKI in Merkava's post above.  Comment please.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2017, 06:15:45 PM »

There is obvious evidence that the direction of the sunset in the real world does not match the diagram of the FE map from the fabled WIKI in Merkava's post above.  Comment please.

I keep asking for these observations but none seem to exist. It seems really hard for you guys to find any. Does this supposed mountain of evidence exist? Is the plethora of evidence for things like this just a myth? Is Round Earth Theory really just based on assumption?

« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2017, 06:22:44 PM »

This evidence was even presented with statements that support it in your own wiki. If you need documented evidence to back up claims made in your own wiki and your own statements, just because those claims are being used to point out a basic flaw in the FE model, we might have found the real problem.

What needs to be explained is this image. The orange dot is the sun, at noon, in that location on the equinox. At the yellow dot, the sun should be just setting. The red arrow draws a line pointing directly West from the yellow dot, at where the sun should be visible. As backed up here the sun should rise/set nearly directly East/West on the equinox. How does the yellow dot see the sun setting in the West, when it's clearly 40 degrees north of West? EDIT: Here is another for you too.

« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2017, 06:32:15 PM »

I keep asking for these observations but none seem to exist. It seems really hard for you guys to find any. Does this supposed mountain of evidence exist? Is the plethora of evidence for things like this just a myth? Is Round Earth Theory really just based on assumption?
Please confirm dateandtime.com is correct for your location.  No excuses please, just tell us.  Yes or no.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2017, 07:11:17 PM »

I know you are not as thick as you pretend to be but yes,  I observe the sun rising in the east and setting in the west most days.  Not at an odd angle as the fabled WIKI map would have us believe. 

Side note, I have asked you many questions over the last few days and you shy away.  Why?  Surely the self-proclaimed expert in FE could answer a few simple questions.

1.  Where is a rough draft map of FE as you think it would look?  Surely after all these years, you have a rough idea?
2.  Why are flight times in the southern hemisphere consistent with great circle navigation on a globe?
3.  Why does the sun not rise and set as described in a post in this very thread using the WIKI map?  click here. 

Answer those 3 for a start and we can proceed from there.