Rama Set

Re: Twitch Pricing
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2019, 06:30:45 PM »
Thork you are making the mistake of thinking that a desire to get in to a live market is the same as doing it because they are afraid of not being in the market.

Twitch is valued at $3B which represents a $2B unrealized capital gain on top of whatever revenue they are pulling in from advertisements, subscriptions, bits and partnerships.

To say they have “no idea how to make money out of it” sounds a bit silly since you have zero idea of what their books look like.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2019, 06:38:54 PM »
I'm sorry I took several days to reply to your response. Honestly I read it and had no answer. Imagine me with my mouth wide open, reeling backwards, arms flailing all in slow-mo with a blurred background rushing by.

The problem of course is that everyone and their dog wants that sweet sweet subscription money from you right now. Literally everyone. A battlepass for fortnite, a $100 subscription to fallout 76, $4.99 a month for Disney+, and netflix, and amazon prime and Apple TV and google stadia and sky sports and mario kart 250cc edition and spotify and Hulu and youtube TV and dollar shave club and even a bloody beef jerky subscription! And I don't have $2000 a month of disposable income to throw at all these companies to pay never ending money for things that get taken from me the instant I stop paying. I already have plenty of real world monthly subscriptions like my rent and my electricity and my phone credit and my gym membership and my car insurance and my window cleaner and other things I, in my old fashioned way, call 'bills'. And I don't want my recreational spending to become bills. I want them to be treats. A one off whimsy where I checked my bank, paid the money and got the thing. Not looked at my balance one day to see global media companies are vampiring my livelihood from me with hundreds of subscriptions I have no chance of keeping pace with. 

Do I have room in my life to pay every streamer I might ever wish to watch without tons of adverts? No. Who the hell does? There is too much other crap out there all competing for my finite wealth for a guy playing computer games to get any of my money. People will increasingly have to choose what to subscribe to and it is my opinion that Twitch does not offer value to anyone, have completely missed the point and will ultimately become a dead platform because they are milking it too hard.

$4.99 should buy me a subscription to Twitch ... all of Twitch. Not just one freaking streamer.  >o<
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2019, 01:56:37 AM »
Imagine unironically paying people to watch them play videogames.

Rama Set

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2019, 12:26:51 PM »

What’s the problem?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2019, 01:24:09 AM »

What’s the problem?

Imagining it unironically.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2019, 09:13:37 AM »

What’s the problem?

Imagining it unironically.

We pay people to watch them play sports.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2019, 01:02:02 PM »
Somehow, I don't think that's true of many people here...
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Rama Set

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2019, 04:10:42 PM »
Somehow, I don't think that's true of many people here...
Junker and I are going to stuff you in your locker, nerd!

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2019, 05:28:09 PM »
i watch a shitload of sports.  but, in fairness to pete's argument, i refuse to pay for the privilege.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Tim Alphabeaver

• That's no beaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2019, 07:44:06 PM »
...but it isn't worth $3 to find out what Logan the Overwatch player from Michigan had for breakfast.
Oh you silly. It's not about hearing what Logan had for breakfast, it's about Logan saying "thanks Baby Thork for the sub" in front of all those other people! You're special now! Your name was said on stage!
Doesn't matter if it's a crowd of 20 or 200,000, having someone you think is important acknowledge you in front of a crowd is priceless.
**I move away from the infinite flat plane to breathe in