Why is the earth flat?
« on: April 06, 2018, 10:48:12 AM »
I'm not a flat Earther but I find the topic very interesting and I try to be civil when it comes to discussing it. Anyway my question isn't so much "is the earth flat" but rather "why is the earth flat" and more importantly, why would the governments and scientists of the world say otherwise. Why is it so important that the nations of the world must be lead to believe that the earth is spherical. I'd appreciate a genuine answer and not a pointless response such as "its aliens or the Illuminati". if that is your answer please go into more detail.

Offline Parallax

• Disciple of Dr Rowbotham
    • View Profile
Re: Why is the earth flat?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 08:07:00 PM »
Why is it flat? That I cannot answer. I would say it formed that way, but then I could also say God created it that way, though I'm not a creationist.

The government's only discovered the true shape of the world in the 20th century, and with all the science and history stating the earth was round, they knew that to reveal it as flat would rewrite the science books. NASA cover it up now, but low level scientists aren't aware of the deception. Even Google are in on it, with their Google earth. In fact, a high level employee recently got suspended for coming out and saying earth is flat. It's not just about science though, its about control. It's great to make people think elon musk launched a tesla into space. It's great to make people believe the curiosity rover is roaming mars. It's great to make people believe we are looking at space tourism with companies like virgin galactic. It's great for them to make people think that a base on the moon is something being looked at. It's great for them to talk about asteroid mining.

The truth is, earth is flat. Dr Samuel Rowbotham proved it in the 19th century, and despite desperate attempts to airbrush him from history, they failed. His work lives on, and we are his 21st century followers. If you read earth not a globe you'll find a wealth of knowledge and science that cannot be disputed.

Offline xenotolerance

• byeeeeeee
    • View Profile
    • flat Earth visualization
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 08:51:08 PM »
Even Google are in on it, with their Google earth. In fact, a high level employee recently got suspended for coming out and saying earth is flat.

this did not happen

Morgenstund

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 02:19:43 PM »
Why is it flat? That I cannot answer. I would say it formed that way, but then I could also say God created it that way, though I'm not a creationist.

The government's only discovered the true shape of the world in the 20th century, and with all the science and history stating the earth was round, they knew that to reveal it as flat would rewrite the science books. NASA cover it up now, but low level scientists aren't aware of the deception. ...

What level scientist are you?
It appears that you are more interested in brewing a conspiracy rather that determining the shape of the Earth. 'NASA covers it up'. Says it all... 

Even Google are in on it, with their Google earth. In fact, a high level employee recently got suspended for coming out and saying earth is flat. It's not just about science though, its about control. It's great to make people think elon musk launched a tesla into space. It's great to make people believe the curiosity rover is roaming mars. It's great to make people believe we are looking at space tourism with companies like virgin galactic. It's great for them to make people think that a base on the moon is something being looked at. It's great for them to talk about asteroid mining.

Yes, it is definitely all about the conspiracy. You are one of the few smart people who isn't fooled by NASA and Google and the other ususal suspects (aka 'They' (R)). Impossible to convince because you whole raison d'ĂȘtre is to remain unconvinced even in the face of irrefutible facts.

The truth is, earth is flat. Dr Samuel Rowbotham proved it in the 19th century, and despite desperate attempts to airbrush him from history, they failed. His work lives on, and we are his 21st century followers. If you read earth not a globe you'll find a wealth of knowledge and science that cannot be disputed.

The truth is the Earth is a globe, and it is a fact that has been known since ancient times. If you believe your Dr. Rowboat "proved" that Earth is flat you could link to, or explain in your own words, his one or two strongest 'proofs'. I will not go through ancient science books to guess what might or might not have convinced you.