Australia
« on: May 18, 2018, 01:54:40 PM »
How come some Flat Earthers think Australia isn real? Or is that one person?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Australia
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 04:29:45 PM »
We believe Australia isn't real because it isn't real.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 05:11:43 PM »
I can't tell if that's serious or not

Offline ElTrancy

• God help and forgive me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 05:53:14 PM »
I can't tell if that's serious or not

I've been going to a whole new place the entire time?!
Please fucking launch a mininuke at me, I've become hopelessly lost.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 07:49:04 AM »
"Australia doesn't exist" has been something of an inside joke among FE'ers for many years.

I suppose it is possible that someone does seriously believe it, but I find it highly unlikely.

Come on, Rushy, you're a mod. You can do better than that.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 07:59:40 PM »
It originates from a misrepresentation of a flat earth pamphlet released by the society by Samuel Shenton in May 1978.

http://library.tfes.org/library/Flat_Earth_Society_Newsletter_-_1978_May.pdf

You will see it is titled 'Australia Not Down Under". Which of course it isn't on a flat earth. Its just on the top side of the disc with everything else. Same side. Not the under side.

However the mainstream press at the time wanted to ridicule the flat earth society (not much has changed), and without reading any of the content, declared Shenton and the society were saying Australia doesn't exist. Saying it is not down under is hardly saying it doesn't exist. But the smear stuck and apparently we think there is no Australia, even though we all do think there is an Australia ... especially the flat earthers who live in Australia.

As Pete states, its now just an inside joke amongst us. If you think we are that stupid, we'll have some fun at your expense.
Below is an amusing thread from 2010 where I pull the leg of an unsuspecting noob.
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=44089.msg1093335#msg1093335

Its an old joke. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 08:09:08 PM by Baby Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 08:15:02 PM »
Another such example of us having fun at noobs is the theory is bio-luminescent shrimp-like creatures that live on the moon. Their predictable monthly blooms light the moon. They are known as moonshramp.

You'd be surprised. The flat earthers aren't the idiots on this site.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 08:23:34 PM by Baby Thork »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 10:01:33 AM »
I once asserted (in the lower fora, mind you) that there are two Australias and "proved" it by zooming out on Google Maps until I could see two of them. Most people easily identified the absurd humour of the situation, but a couple of guys would bring it up in every subsequent discussion, thinking they're holding me to account.

I miss old noobs.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 11:02:19 AM »
Pinned down over the discovery of Neptune using globular maths to predict its presence and location, I managed to show that Neptune didn't exist using the days of the week.

French              Spanish                                                        English
lundi                  lunes                           moon day (lunar)   Monday
mardi                marets                        mars day                  Tuesday (Tiu's day - Norse equivalent)
mercredi          miércoles                    mercury day           Wednesday (Woden day - Norse equivalent)
jeudi                  jueves                         jupiter day               Thursday (Thor's Day - Norse equivalent)
vendredi          viernes                        venus day                 Friday (Fria day - Norse equivalent)
samedi              sábado                       saturn day               Saturday
dimanche         domingo                    sun day                     Sunday

https://www.crowl.org/Lawrence/time/days.html
There is no Uranus or Neptune day. Those gods exist but they aren't venerated with a day because those planets don't exist. Otherwise we'd have 9 days in a week.

I'm wondering if we shouldn't just compile a best selling joke book compiling all the best flat earth proofs.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:12:07 AM by Baby Thork »

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 05:20:34 PM »
I once asserted (in the lower fora, mind you) that there are two Australias and "proved" it by zooming out on Google Maps until I could see two of them. Most people easily identified the absurd humour of the situation, but a couple of guys would bring it up in every subsequent discussion, thinking they're holding me to account.

I miss old noobs.

When you make stupid claim and spread misinformation about your own belief, do we have to assume you are not serious and don't get to the conclusion about you being a misinformed man? Don't forget you are part of a community with people who constantly and seriously claim absurd thing. Don't act like an idiot and laugh at people who think you are one. But it's not my job to prevent you destroying your credibility.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 05:47:20 PM »
When you make stupid claim and spread misinformation about your own belief, do we have to assume you are not serious and don't get to the conclusion about you being a misinformed man?
No, but if I post it in a board literally called Complete Nonsense, I will expect you to exercise a bare minimum of critical thinking.

Don't forget you are part of a community with people who constantly and seriously claim absurd thing. Don't act like an idiot and laugh at people who think you are one. But it's not my job to prevent you destroying your credibility.
I'll be nice since you're a first time poster. Refrain from personal attacks in the upper fora. Please review the forum rules.

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2018, 03:49:59 AM »
When you make stupid claim and spread misinformation about your own belief, do we have to assume you are not serious and don't get to the conclusion about you being a misinformed man?
No, but if I post it in a board literally called Complete Nonsense, I will expect you to exercise a bare minimum of critical thinking.

Don't forget you are part of a community with people who constantly and seriously claim absurd thing. Don't act like an idiot and laugh at people who think you are one. But it's not my job to prevent you destroying your credibility.
I'll be nice since you're a first time poster. Refrain from personal attacks in the upper fora. Please review the forum rules.

I didn't make a personal attack. If you think pointing the fallacy of your discourse is a personal attack, I am sorry. But I still think you are the one who has made a personal attack against the people you regret you can no longer mock.

I miss old noobs.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2018, 07:03:28 AM »
Right. Out of 5 of your posts, 4 blatantly break the rules. Given your response above, asking politely did not work. Time to start issuing warnings.

If your post does not directly contribute to the thread, do not post it. This applies doubly if your post consists of nothing but insults. Review the forum rules. Warned.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 07:06:12 AM by Pete Svarrior »

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2018, 01:10:41 PM »
"Australia doesn't exist" has been something of an inside joke among FE'ers for many years.

I suppose it is possible that someone does seriously believe it, but I find it highly unlikely.

Come on, Rushy, you're a mod. You can do better than that.
Okay. Thank you that makes SO much more sense

Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2018, 04:32:26 PM »
I'm really surprised junker hasn't already shit this thread into CN.

Anyway, to the best of my knowledge Australia exists.
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.