The Illusion of Gravity
« on: May 13, 2018, 06:35:14 PM »
As someone who has recently come round to the the idea of the flat Earth. However there is still something bugging me. If the illusion of gravity is created by the Earth accelerating upwards what force is causing acceleration.

Thank you
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 06:40:18 PM by jim_face »

Re: The Illusion of Gravity
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 11:46:28 PM »
It says in the FAQs something along the lines of "accelaration pulls objects down to the earth" cuz the earth is going upwards or whatever but i thought it was density that makes objects go down

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 09:06:04 AM »
i thought it was density that makes objects go down
You might have heard someone on Twitter/Facebook/YouTube claiming that, but I doubt you'll find many of them around here, if any at all.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 03:30:34 PM »
It says in the FAQs something along the lines of "accelaration pulls objects down to the earth" cuz the earth is going upwards or whatever but i thought it was density that makes objects go down

i havent seen anyone here saying its density.  maybe the other website, not sure, im not on it.  the two models here are Universal Accelleration and Infinite Plane.  infinite plane uses traditional gravity model based on mass.
Quote from: SiDawg
Planes fall out of the sky all the time

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 04:14:26 PM »
The upwards acceleration model does seem to be the "official" position of the FES. I have seen some others (on YouTube) saying it is simply density, however if you dig any deeper into that statement, it becomes clear that density still needs a force to move anything, and that force comes from gravity (whatever you think gravity might be). So I'd have to agree that the "Universal Acceleration" model is at least better than, "it's just density".

As so often happens, if you dig into the upwards acceleration thing, you're going to run into nasty problems. Probably the most obvious is the well-known and often repeated Cavendish experiment. I have seen FEs point to all kinds of perceived problems with that experiment and attempts at alternative explanations, but it always comes down to a simple basic agreement. The Cavendish experiment shows that matter attracts other matter at least to some extent.

The next nasty thing you'll bump into is that gravity varies on the Earth. If you climb to high altitudes, gravity drops. If you go to the equator, gravity drops. These I have seen "explained" via the concept called "Celestial Gravitation."

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 04:15:27 PM »
As someone who has recently come round to the the idea of the flat Earth. However there is still something bugging me. If the illusion of gravity is created by the Earth accelerating upwards what force is causing acceleration.

Thank you

In one model the force that causes the acceleration is gravity.
In another model the force that causes the acceleration is a variation of gravity.
In another model the force that causes the acceleration is density.
In another model the force that causes the acceleration is mass.
In another model there is no acceleration.