Re: Need clarification (time zones)
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2019, 05:05:26 PM »
Thanks for repeating what you have already said, extremely helpful. All of us here already know the method of travel, what we want to know is how it's possible on a flat plane with only one set of continents without turning around. Stack presented you with a map with copies of the continents and you said that wasn't it, so what is it?

This map only has one set of continents:

https://www.bing.com/maps Demonstrates this.

1. Zoom all the way out.
2. Center your map on the United States. (the center of the map will indicate where you are at on your path to the west)
3. Move the map to the west using your mouse or by swiping.
4. Because the center indicates where you are you never reach the edge.

Also, about your demonstration, have you ever thought about fucking zooming out? Maybe if you did that you would have seen that you moved to a copy of the continent in your demo.

What is the difference between zooming out and fucking zooming out? I'm going to assume they are both the same and the "fucking" was just a waste of your time and energy typing it and a waste of my time and energy reading it.

Zoom out here:
https://www.bing.com/maps

I don't see a copy of the continents

so then what happens in the real world when on the online map you cross from into a copy of the continents?

https://www.bing.com/maps does not have copies of the continents.

If we add in electromagnetic acceleration bending light, the space/time density conversation, we could possibly be travelling in the manner that he refers and we just don't know it.

this regular and intelligible sequence of destinations when traveling west. This happens regardless of  electromagnetic acceleration, refracted light, or any sort of space/time density conversion. It happens for those that believe the earth is flat. It happens for those that believe the earth is round. It happens for those that believe the earth is fake and we are living in the matrix.

west coast > pacific ocean > asia >europe > Atlantic ocean > east coast > west coast

Again i'm not sending you a link to some obscure websites. I'm sending you links to accurate maps of the earth used and developed by used by hundreds of millions of people by billion dollar corporations.

So you still refuse to tell us what happens in the real world when you reach one edge and magically appear on the other edge with one set of continents?

Looking at Bing maps, you can't even zoom out all the way, so how can you be sure there is only one set? Look at yahoo maps or mapquest and zoom out all the way, you can see multiple copies. They all basically do the same thing, infinite horizontal scrolling, when you scroll to the left and reach the edge of one tile of a set of continent, it moves on to the next tile, with a copy of the continents on it, all bing maps does is make sure you can't zoom out enough to see that happen. But maybe you can if you try some of the stuff in the links below (haven't tried it yet, but will later)

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11051927/how-to-show-the-full-map-and-prevent-scrolling-in-bing-maps-api

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19511637/how-to-disable-horizontal-infinite-scrolling-in-bing-map-control

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/b8ff0bba-7d5c-456d-819d-0d4c9f961fd0/bingmaps-javascripthtml-how-to-disable-infinite-horizontal-scrolling?forum=bingmapswindows8
We are smarter than those scientists.
I see multiple contradicting explanations. You guys should have a pow-wow and figure out how your model works.

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2019, 03:56:33 PM »

So you still refuse to tell us what happens in the real world when you reach one edge and magically appear on the other edge with one set of continents?

I have never refused. I have been trying diligently to explain this. I have explained traveling west many times in my responses. I'll explain it again. You don't reach an edge and magically appear on the other edge with one set of continents. Maybe it would help to think of traveling on an omnidirectional treadmill. If you walk far enough on a treadmill you arrive back at the same place you started. There is no magical teleportation edge. There is no infinite set of treadmills.

I made a demonstration here without hitting an edge:
https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=14046.msg187564#msg187564

Looking at Bing maps, you can't even zoom out all the way, so how can you be sure there is only one set?
if i'm zoomed out all the way or not is a moot point. Bing maps at it's current zoom level demonstrates how you can travel west long enough and arrive back where you started without a magical edge and infinite sets of continents.

Look at yahoo maps or mapquest and zoom out all the way, you can see multiple copies. They all basically do the same thing, infinite horizontal scrolling, when you scroll to the left and reach the edge of one tile of a set of continent, it moves on to the next tile, with a copy of the continents on it,

i'm not talking about yahoo maps or mapquest.com right now. i'm talking about bing because it has a zoom level which is set to only display one set of continents to make it easier for people to understand.

all bing maps does is make sure you can't zoom out enough to see that happen. But maybe you can if you try some of the stuff in the links below (haven't tried it yet, but will later)

if i'm zoomed out all the way or not is a moot point. Bing maps at it's current zoom level demonstrates how you can travel west long enough and arrive back where you started without a magical edge and infinite sets of continents.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 04:40:24 PM by iamcpc »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2019, 08:30:55 PM »

Maybe it would help to think of traveling on an omnidirectional treadmill. If you walk far enough on a treadmill you arrive back at the same place you started. There is no magical teleportation edge. There is no infinite set of treadmills.

I'm stumped again. On the omnidirectional treadmill, I'm not 'traveling' anywhere. The earth below me is moving, I am not. As well, do we each have our own earth treadmill? Because what happens if you and I both jet from SF and you are going West and I am going East? How does that work?

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2019, 11:04:06 PM »

As well, do we each have our own earth treadmill?

I just used an omnidirectional treadmill as a concept.

when the position of a body with respect to its surroundings does not change with time it is said to be "at rest". When the position of a body with respect to it's surroundings does change with time then it is is said to be moving. Things like rest and motion are 100% relative to the situation, the object, and it's surroundings.

If you start walking/driving/flying west on earth your surroundings do change with time so I would say that you, relative to your surroundings, are in motion. Multiple people being in motion will all have different frame of references for motion.

Someone sitting on an airplane heading west is not moving relative to his immediate surroundings of the airplane but is moving relative to the surface of the earth. He has a direction of travel, relative to his starting location, of west.

Someone sitting on an airplane heading east is not moving relative to his immediate surroundings of the airplane but is moving relative to the surface of the earth.He has a direction of travel, relative to his starting location, of east.

Because what happens if you and I both jet from SF and you are going West and I am going East? How does that work?

I have outlined the path west here with blue arrows:
https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=14046.msg187564#msg187564

I really don't want to take the time to make screenshots and draw red arrows going east. I can tell that you are intelligent and can imagine a similar scenario in which there are red arrows going east. One person follows the blue series of screenshots going west and another follows the red series of screenshots east.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 11:00:34 PM by iamcpc »