The military of the Mongol Khanate
« on: March 07, 2015, 08:29:55 PM »
Damn some serious hippies in here.

This is what the US military does to a person's brain.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The military of the Mongol Khanate
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 08:35:02 PM »

You know what you call a libertarian military? Dead.

Yeah, a bit too many hippies. But I've always said I'm a moderate who leans a bit more to the left because I'm not racist, not religious, and think abortions should be legal. I still love a sexy right winger though, but I blame that on growing up in the south. Sexy, manly, country boys are always right.

Racism, religion, and abortions have nothing to do with being on the right spectrum because the right spectrum only represents your economic views.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 08:36:58 PM by Irushwithscvs »

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 08:44:23 PM »

You know what you call a libertarian military? Dead.

Haven't heard of the Mongols, hey? ;)

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 08:51:27 PM »

...what? Assuming you're referring to the well-known empire, Mongols were extremely authoritarian. In the entire history of Earth, there has never been an event in which libertarians or anyone with a similar social structure fielded a military of any kind. Fighting on a large scale requires tactics and strategy, which requires one or more individuals commanding others in an authority structure. The Romans knew this. The Mongols knew this. The motherfucking Vandals knew this. Maybe you should know it, too.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 08:54:18 PM by Irushwithscvs »

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 09:04:56 PM »

...what? Assuming you're referring to the well-known empire, Mongols were extremely authoritarian. In the entire history of Earth, there has never been an event in which libertarians or anyone with a similar social structure fielded a military of any kind. Fighting on a large scale requires tactics and strategy, which requires one or more individuals commanding others in an authority structure. The Romans knew this. The Mongols knew this. The motherfucking Vandals knew this. Maybe you should know it, too.

While they did have social structures (obviously, a Khan/Emperor), the Mongol military, especially in the early days, were pretty autonomous. It's difficult to associate modern libertarianism with their military and society, but relative to the various Chinese, Arabic and European civilizations that they fought, the Mongols were much less authoritarian. This is kind of what I'm trying to say.

But we're getting off topic now.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 09:59:10 PM »
While they did have social structures (obviously, a Khan/Emperor), the Mongol military, especially in the early days, were pretty autonomous. It's difficult to associate modern libertarianism with their military and society, but relative to the various Chinese, Arabic and European civilizations that they fought, the Mongols were much less authoritarian. This is kind of what I'm trying to say.

What about that paragraph remotely implies any form of libertarianism? The mere fact that they distinguished officers and troops is authoritarianism. You're argument still makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 10:05:32 PM »
I really don't wanna split your dumb asses so cut that shit out

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 10:29:58 PM »

This sounds really authoritarian, balkno, I thought you were all about le liberteh.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 11:01:51 PM »

This sounds really authoritarian, balkno, I thought you were all about le liberteh.

I'm fine with authoritarianism when I'm the authority

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 11:38:35 PM »
I'm fine with authoritarianism when I'm the authority
Careful, if you proceed down this path you will likely attract a rooster.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 12:04:54 AM »
I don't think there has ever been a great leader who was an authoritarian. All of the great leaders in the world have had relatively passive personalities.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 12:29:23 AM »
I don't think there has ever been a great leader who was an authoritarian. All of the great leaders in the world have had relatively passive personalities.

lol

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2015, 12:29:56 AM »

What about that paragraph remotely implies any form of libertarianism? The mere fact that they distinguished officers and troops is authoritarianism. You're argument still makes no sense to me whatsoever.

GK was known for his hands off approach in allowing his generals to do what they wanted, and their military was famously self sufficient and largely autonomous, which granted them various successes in combat. Sure, they weren't some libtards wet dream, but they lacked a lot of structure inherent in various successful empires throughout history. They were just a bunch of nomads who were good at riding horses.

Anyway, I refrained from posting my compass before because it's pretty standard for people here.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2015, 12:44:53 AM »

lol

I think you're confused over the terms "leadership" and "authority".

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2015, 12:56:21 AM »

lol

extra lol

I thought Vindictus was going to top off this thread with the most lulz, but here you are, being... you.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2015, 01:11:38 AM »

lol

extra lol

I thought Vindictus was going to top off this thread with the most lulz, but here you are, being... you.

He's actually confused. I was being facetious.

Ghost of V

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2015, 01:12:46 AM »

lol

extra lol

Why can't you just be nice?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2015, 02:28:54 AM »

Okay.

Being nice is too easy. I like a good challenge.

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2015, 02:37:40 AM »

Okay.

Being nice is too easy. I like a good challenge.

But I defeated you.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2015, 02:58:25 AM »
But I defeated you.

It was funny, but balkno won't have any of it. Go play dumb in another thread.