Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #8640 on: February 24, 2021, 05:09:30 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/17/us/politics/women-generals-promotions-trump.html

Trump and the misogyny.

Thankfully, the generals knew what a shithead Trump is.  This proves that if Trump had tried a military coupe, he'd have failed.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #8641 on: March 01, 2021, 04:52:56 PM »
https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/01/cpac-2021-stage-design-nazi-sign-odal-othala-rune-hyatt-hotels-hate-symbol-abhorrent

They know who their constituents are. Party of Trump = Party of White Supremacy. The dog whistles are sirens now.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 05:17:55 PM by Roundy »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #8642 on: March 04, 2021, 02:29:09 PM »
It was reported days ago that the gold statue of Trump that was paraded at CPAC was made in Mexico. Today, it is reported that it was made in China.

[SARCASM / MOCKERY]
Build a wall to keep Trump statues from coming North.
Levy tariffs on Trump statues from the Far East.
[/SARCASM / MOCKERY]
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8643 on: March 04, 2021, 04:24:34 PM »
It was reported days ago that the gold statue of Trump that was paraded at CPAC was made in Mexico. Today, it is reported that it was made in China.

Sounds like good evidence that you are getting your information from bad sources.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8644 on: March 04, 2021, 04:42:14 PM »

Sounds like good evidence that you are getting your information from bad sources.

That would work way better as a critique of someone else had you not spent the last 5 months posting one false claim after another about the election.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #8645 on: March 04, 2021, 04:43:56 PM »

Do you know where it was made?

Nearly?

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8646 on: March 04, 2021, 04:44:50 PM »

I'm not sure what your post means. But the artist himself is an expat living in Mexico. He said it was assembled in Mexico and his business associate reports that the replicas are made in a factory in China that he specifically named.

I'm not sure why this would be a controversial issue. Every stick of the crappy private label Trump merch ever sold was made abroad.

BTW, you got to love the imagery of Christians worshipping at the altar of a golden idol.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8647 on: March 04, 2021, 06:44:11 PM »
Tumeni is his own source. To date, every time he said that something "has been reported" while providing no source, it turned out to be his fantasy. I strongly suggest that he shouldn't be engaged on things like this.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8648 on: March 04, 2021, 07:18:37 PM »
Looking through all the news sources I can find, they are all saying the same thing.  The artist that created it has admitted it was made in China, and they made up a story of it coming from Mexico to hide where it came from during the show.  Being in the news doesn't make it true of course, but I see no mention of the artist denying the China origin story. He certainly would have no problems getting the word out if it wasn't true.

As it stands, all the available information points to it being made in China.

If someone can find a source where the artist says differently I'd like to see it.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #8649 on: March 06, 2021, 10:47:47 PM »
Tumeni is his own source. To date, every time he said that something "has been reported" while providing no source, it turned out to be his fantasy. I strongly suggest that he shouldn't be engaged on things like this.

It's all over a number of mainstream news sources, not in far-flung dark corners of the internut. But since you raised the point;

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/cpac-trump-gold-statue-mexico-b1811720.html
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9321681/Golden-Trump-statue-CPAC-actually-China.html
https://news.artnet.com/art-world/golden-trump-statue-cpac-1948607
https://www.businessinsider.com/statue-of-donald-trump-cpac-was-made-mexico-2021-2?r=US&IR=T

Nearly?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8650 on: March 06, 2021, 11:38:47 PM »
It's all over a number of mainstream news sources, not in far-flung dark corners of the internut.
So the internut™ said that it was simultaneously made in China and Mexico. What does that tell you about the reliability of your sources? Conversely, what does it tell us of the reliability of your statements of things that "have been reported" (bonus point if you adjust for your track record)?

C'mon, Tumeni. You can do this.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #8651 on: March 06, 2021, 11:49:33 PM »
It's all over a number of mainstream news sources, not in far-flung dark corners of the internut.
So the internut™ said that it was simultaneously made in China and Mexico. What does that tell you about the reliability of your sources? Conversely, what does it tell us of the reliability of your statements of things that "have been reported" (bonus point if you adjust for your track record)?

C'mon, Tumeni. You can do this.

It tells you that he, at first, said it was made in Mexico, and then later it emerged it was made in China. In the reports I cited, and in other sources. Are you really taking issue with me not specifying which reports came first, and which later?

Nearly?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8652 on: March 07, 2021, 12:37:41 AM »
Are you really taking issue with me not specifying which reports came first, and which later?
No, I'm taking issue with you "reporting" your fantasy and then desperately fishing for sources to match what you wanted to say. But you already knew that :)

« Reply #8653 on: March 08, 2021, 07:09:01 PM »
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: March 08, 2021, 08:14:35 PM »
Trump to be re-inaugurated on March 4th. You heard it here first!
#QAnon.
Weird. It’s almost like QAnon is full of shit.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #8655 on: March 09, 2021, 12:04:25 AM »
The President of the United States can’t even pull 435 viewers on the official White House YouTube channel.

IMG

In contrast, the former guy arrived in New York today, and was greeted by one single supporter.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/at-ny-capitol-a-lone-trump-supporter-protests/2840361/

435 Biden, 1 Trump

Nearly?

Rama Set

« Reply #8656 on: March 09, 2021, 11:54:13 AM »

I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #8658 on: March 09, 2021, 11:22:54 PM »
(Quoted from the Biden thread)

The subject of this thread is not Trump. The subject of this thread is Joe Biden. He's an embarrassment. Trying to talk about other people does nothing to take away from Joe Biden's embarrassing behavior.

Are you next going to justify your pedophile prince with the same tactic?

I have little interest in our royals and their doings, but even if I/we were to accept wrongdoing of this nature committed by him/them, that has little or no global effect, whereas Trump's catastrophic environmental blunders have, or could have done.

Increasing fossil fuel production for no reason other than to curry favour with miners
Withdrawal from climate accords
Opening up lands of ecological or scientific value for industrial development
etc

This is the stuff that affects the whole world, Tom, not just a limited circle of people. I know which I think is more important.

Nearly?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: March 10, 2021, 08:03:17 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2021/03/09/975341543/no-more-money-for-rinos-how-trumps-fight-with-the-gop-is-all-about-control

Trump: Send me money, not the Republican Party.
Trump: I love the Republican party.  But only REAL republicans, not fake ones. 
Trump Laywers: Stop using Trump's words and likeness to raise money.
Trump:  "I fully support the Republican Party and important GOP Committees, but I do not support RINOs and fools, and it is not their right to use my likeness or image to raise funds. So much money is being raised and completely wasted by people that do not have the GOP's best interests in mind."

GOP: *sucks up to Trump*

This guy is going to make the GOP so far right, it'll make the Tea Party look like Liberals.
Wait... wouldn't that far right be a theocracy?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.