Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
Re: Ask a Jew anything.
« Reply #200 on: September 01, 2014, 07:20:44 PM »
I thought you were too sick to post.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #201 on: September 01, 2014, 07:29:30 PM »
I'm back on my feet again, at least temporarily. And someone answer my question. What happened to my good pal EJ?

Offline Lemon

• Lime
    • View Profile
    • Disco
« Reply #202 on: September 01, 2014, 08:17:53 PM »
Sorry if this has been asked.

Are you a Jew convert or were you "born" a Jew?
NOTHING TO SEE HERE. IGNORE RAMA SET.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #203 on: September 01, 2014, 09:36:32 PM »
I was born in the Covenant.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 02, 2014, 01:04:13 AM »
QUOTE: "Based on this and the history of the area being taken and conquored by various empires over the years Jews can easily be seen as having implied "forsaking hope" and the only right they have to the land is what was granted to them by the UN.  And that's basically a gift that the people who lived there (the rightful owners) rejected."

Except that no Jew at any time ever relinquished hope of a return to Jerusalem and the Holy Land. In fact, it has been said in Passover Seders across the world EXCEPT in Eretz Israel, "Next year in Jerusalem." All Jews knew that it would be ours again eventually. So the principle of abandoning hope does not apply.

Israel has no settlers in Gaza, and has not had any since 2005. There is not a single Jew in the territory.
Couple of things.

1. Jerusalem is not Israel. 
2. This is said even by modern Jews IN Jeruselem.
3. This is not a statement of ownerhip.  Jews can celebrate passover in a place without owning it.

So the meaning is worthless yet its still uttered which indicates habit, not declaration.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 01:10:53 AM by Lord Dave »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #205 on: September 02, 2014, 02:27:33 AM »
To my knowledge, Jews in Jerusalem do NOT include those words in Passover Seders. Furthermore, in Orthodox & Conservative prayer books, daily prayers are rendered for the return of our People to Israel, as well as a prayer for the State of Israel. It seems pretty clear that Jews always claimed ownership of the Land.

Rama Set

« Reply #206 on: September 02, 2014, 02:54:06 AM »
Israel has no settlers in Gaza, and has not had any since 2005. There is not a single Jew in the territory.

None in Gaza but plenty in East Jerusalem and West Bank which are almost unanimously condemned as illegal by all articles if international law and the international community; they are also in violation if the Geneva Convention.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #207 on: September 02, 2014, 09:59:07 AM »
And that is relevant how? The UN has long ago failed in its purpose, let them bleat about "international law" all they wish. The fact is, The Arabs lost both East Jerusalem AND the West Bank fair and square in a war that the Arabs started (the Six Day War, in which, yes, Israel attacked first, but then, what would you do if hostile armies were surrounding your borders with every clear intention of attacking you). This was confirmed by their loss in a war that they DEFINITELY started, namely, the Yom Kippur War. You don't get land back when you start wars and lose them.

Your reliance on laws that don't apply to circumstances won't get you very far in the modern age. I strongly recommend instead that you grow up, put on your big boy pants, act your age, and look at the world as it really is, rather than as you think it should be in your whiny, anti-Semitic (or if you prefer, I'll use the term "Judeo-phobic") little pea-brain.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:01:25 AM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 02, 2014, 10:32:40 AM »
And that is relevant how? The UN has long ago failed in its purpose, let them bleat about "international law" all they wish
Let's hope most of your kin do not subscribe to these views. UN member states outnumber Israel quite significantly.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #209 on: September 02, 2014, 10:38:01 AM »
Indeed, but the US, which has veto power, tends to feel the way I do. I mean, seriously, The US and Israel play the game in the UN, but that's about the extent of it. You know it and I know it. The fact is, the UN buildings in the US and in Switzerland should be bombed to holy hell, as should the international court at the Hague. The people in them should be given thirty minutes to exit first. And then if the rest of the world wants to be assholes to Israel, fine, let them. Then the USA and Israel can turn the Middle East into a parking lot and build a kosher Wal-Mart there. This should have been done along time ago. All of the Middle East except Israel should have been made a parking lot after the 241 Marines were killed in Lebanon. Very simple. Both Israel and the US have nukes. We wouldn't have to use them , though. Fire-bombing, and carpet bombing, should be enough.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:40:57 AM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 02, 2014, 10:53:05 AM »
Holy shit, you don't just want Israel dead, you want the whole world dead.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 02, 2014, 11:16:13 AM »
Do you like Pizza?
The Mastery.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #212 on: September 02, 2014, 11:18:33 AM »
Provided its made with kosher ingredients, yes.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 02, 2014, 11:31:15 AM »
What's that?
The Mastery.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 02, 2014, 12:03:18 PM »
What's that?

A rabbi has to kiss a baby's penis before the food can be cooked.

Indeed, but the US, which has veto power, tends to feel the way I do. I mean, seriously, The US and Israel play the game in the UN, but that's about the extent of it. You know it and I know it. The fact is, the UN buildings in the US and in Switzerland should be bombed to holy hell, as should the international court at the Hague. The people in them should be given thirty minutes to exit first. And then if the rest of the world wants to be assholes to Israel, fine, let them. Then the USA and Israel can turn the Middle East into a parking lot and build a kosher Wal-Mart there. This should have been done along time ago. All of the Middle East except Israel should have been made a parking lot after the 241 Marines were killed in Lebanon. Very simple. Both Israel and the US have nukes. We wouldn't have to use them , though. Fire-bombing, and carpet bombing, should be enough.

I'm not sure you understand the more subtle points of diplomacy.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Rama Set

« Reply #215 on: September 02, 2014, 02:08:49 PM »
And that is relevant how? The UN has long ago failed in its purpose, let them bleat about "international law" all they wish. The fact is, The Arabs lost both East Jerusalem AND the West Bank fair and square in a war that the Arabs started (the Six Day War, in which, yes, Israel attacked first, but then, what would you do if hostile armies were surrounding your borders with every clear intention of attacking you). This was confirmed by their loss in a war that they DEFINITELY started, namely, the Yom Kippur War. You don't get land back when you start wars and lose them.

Your reliance on laws that don't apply to circumstances won't get you very far in the modern age. I strongly recommend instead that you grow up, put on your big boy pants, act your age, and look at the world as it really is, rather than as you think it should be in your whiny, anti-Semitic (or if you prefer, I'll use the term "Judeo-phobic") little pea-brain.

I am anti-semitic because I think a country should honor the treaties it signs? 

Offline Lemon

• Lime
    • View Profile
    • Disco
« Reply #216 on: September 02, 2014, 04:43:29 PM »
Israelis tend to throw out accusations of anti-Semitism like it's Christmas and we're all orphans.
NOTHING TO SEE HERE. IGNORE RAMA SET.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 02, 2014, 04:45:04 PM »
What's that?

A disturbing notion.
The Mastery.

Rama Set

« Reply #218 on: September 02, 2014, 04:48:39 PM »
What's that?

A disturbing notion.

Anti-semite

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #219 on: September 02, 2014, 05:21:02 PM »
I thought we weren't allowed to post in here? That was odd. My Nintendo browser indicated that this thread was being locked. Unless I accidentally clicked on the wrong one. And, to fill you in: the ancient practice of a rabbi not kissing a baby's penis after the bris but cleaning the blood with his mouth is based on the incorrect understanding the saliva was a sanitary thing that would help prevent infection in the baby's penis.

Far from being intended as anything perverted, it was intended to be a healthful thing. Now that modern science has proven that this is NOT the case, very few rabbis or mohels engage in the practice. Most prefer the medically approved method of wiping with alcohol or some other sanitary thing that kills germs. The few that do continue the practice are the few that simply refuse to budge regardless of the times, much like a Christian Fundamentalist, who might insist on the idea that humans co-existed with dinosaurs, despite evidence to the contrary.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 05:29:14 PM by Yaakov ben Avraham »