Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
America's healthcare isn't broken....
« on: December 12, 2021, 05:23:16 PM »
... American society is.

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-12-10/column-healthcare-billing-markups

Long story short:
Hospitals need to mark up prices by insane amounts to ensure insurance comapnies actually pay the cost of the item/service and to cover the cost of people with no insurance who can't pay.

This is what America wants.  This is what they chose.  That is why I don't think the system is broken.  The system is working exactly as Americans want it to.  The strong and financially stable get help but the weak and financially unstable are financially destroyed or killed.

And that, my friends, is the way America wants it.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: America's healthcare isn't broken....
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 05:35:21 PM »
I mean, Donald Trump, Creationism, COVID vaccine denial... Yeah, by and large Americans are ignorant morons.  :(
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 07:39:28 PM »
... American society is.

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-12-10/column-healthcare-billing-markups

Long story short:
Hospitals need to mark up prices by insane amounts to ensure insurance comapnies actually pay the cost of the item/service and to cover the cost of people with no insurance who can't pay.

This is what America wants.  This is what they chose.  That is why I don't think the system is broken.  The system is working exactly as Americans want it to.  The strong and financially stable get help but the weak and financially unstable are financially destroyed or killed.

No, that is the way the criminal syndicate of Bush and Clinton wanted it.

Prior to that family seizing power in the US, I paid not one red cent for any of my Healthcare. My insurance was full coverage. Every person who had any sort of factory job was in the same position - little to no premium for the coverage and at least 80/20 coverage for medical expenses, including prescriptions.

Get your story straight and stop posting lies.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 08:03:31 PM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Rama Set

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2021, 09:29:43 PM »
Yeah Dave. You think the healthcare industry is capable of acting ethically on their own? Nuh-uh. It’s obvious that hospitals and insurance companies are victims of bad parenting.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2021, 09:55:52 PM »
Yeah Dave. You think the healthcare industry is capable of acting ethically on their own? Nuh-uh. It’s obvious that hospitals and insurance companies are victims of bad parenting.
It is obvious once Healthcare and the insurance companies were granted permission by their parents (Bush and Clinton) to treat the Healthcare process in the US in much the same way as auto maintenance, things were not going to back to the old way, when humanity actually meant something more than money.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 10:05:27 PM by Action80 »

Rama Set

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2021, 10:45:08 PM »
It is obvious once Healthcare and the insurance companies were granted permission by their parents (Bush and Clinton) to treat the Healthcare process in the US in much the same way as auto maintenance, things were not going to back to the old way, when humanity actually meant something more than money.

You're so cute that you thought corporations ever cared about you.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2021, 10:51:03 PM »

What measures were put in place (passed) by the Clinton and/or Bush administrations that changed US healthcare for the worse? All I remember is Hilary trying to get some healthcare reform passed but it failed.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2021, 11:01:00 PM »

As if government does  uh?

Rama Set

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2021, 11:01:43 PM »

As if government does  uh?

I never said that.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2021, 09:48:40 AM »

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2021, 10:37:44 AM »
America is shit on many levels. Nothing new there. Who cares who broke it at the end of the day. It is what it is.

Shit

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2021, 03:35:06 PM »
America is shit on many levels. Nothing new there. Who cares who broke it at the end of the day. It is what it is.

Shit
^Written by a citizen of a shithole country that will place its own members of its legislature in quarantine, even if said member tests NEGATIVE!

FUCK AUSTRALIA and every single person that lives there.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2021, 03:48:41 PM »
^Written by a citizen of a shithole country that will place its own members of its legislature in quarantine, even if said member tests NEGATIVE!

Is there any country,  person or anything that isn't approved by Fox news that you don't curse with vile anger?

What about the island nation of Palau? How about gummy bears? Chocolate milk? Is there absolutely anything in your world that doesn't suck and piss you off?
I imagine it is a short list.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Rama Set

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2021, 03:54:21 PM »

Is there any country,  person or anything that isn't approved by Fox news that you don't curse with vile anger?

What about the island nation of Palau? How about gummy bears? Chocolate milk? Is there absolutely anything in your world that doesn't suck and piss you off?
I imagine it is a short list.

I think he is just upset that a supposedly first world country is incapable of managing this pandemic.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2021, 06:21:27 PM »
... American society is.

Long story short:

No, that is the way the criminal syndicate of Bush and Clinton wanted it.

Prior to that family seizing power in the US, I paid not one red cent for any of my Healthcare. My insurance was full coverage. Every person who had any sort of factory job was in the same position - little to no premium for the coverage and at least 80/20 coverage for medical expenses, including prescriptions.

Get your story straight and stop posting lies.
Well, I suppose when you're a kid you wouldn't pay anything.

I find it funny how you praise paying nothing for healthcare.  Healthcare isn't free.  Someone paid for it.  And guess who that was?  Employers.
You were enjoying someone else's profit like a communist.  Fortunately companies wised up and began buying cheaper insurance that included co-pays and deductables while also taking health care out of your salary.

I mean, you still had a lifetime limit, of course.  God forbid you cost the insurance company money. Lol.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2021, 06:30:21 PM »
If anyone feels that an insurance company is raking in the bucks, big time, then why not just buy their stock and take your share of the profits?  The same could go to any corporation that is involved in the health care industry.  Most are large corporations with stock on sale in public markets that anyone can buy. 
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2021, 07:16:01 PM »
If anyone feels that an insurance company is raking in the bucks, big time, then why not just buy their stock and take your share of the profits?  The same could go to any corporation that is involved in the health care industry.  Most are large corporations with stock on sale in public markets that anyone can buy.

Because you are not legally allowed to just 'buy stocks'.  You need to have a certification to trade(or use a broker) and even then its a pain in the ass.  Plus taxes.
Plus some of these shares are in the hundreds.  It'll take decades to get your money's worth.

Example: anthem.  Current worth: $430/ share.  Had you purchased it a year ago, you'd be about $100 less poor per share. But still $300 in debt from buying the share.

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2021, 07:23:33 PM »
Somehow, I figured out how to buy & sell stocks when I was just 21 years old and didn’t have much money.  These days it’s a whole lot easier.  There are many online stockbrokers and once you have an account you can buy & sell using your computer.  I’ve been doing it for many decades.  You need to restrict your stock purchases to those ‘greedy’ companies who, in your opinion, are really screwing their customers and are racking in the money.  What could go wrong with that strategy?   
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!