Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Re: Trans athletes
« Reply #260 on: July 17, 2021, 12:48:26 PM »
You noticed my post and had a reply sent in under 2 minutes. I'm going to go right ahead and make the assumption you din't watch the video and have no fucking clue what the video is even about, and yet here you are challenging my example.  ::)
Correct. You have proven repeatedly that your points are not worth spending 24 minutes on, so if you can't take the time to write a summary of the point you're trying to get across, I'm certainly not wasting my time on it.

It's a Joe Rogan podcast ... I don't think I could make giving you evidence that you don't like, any more palatable. You can just listen to the podcast and do other stuff at the same time.

So if we are at the point where you won't even look at my sources, you just want to scream that they are wrong whilst providing ... as usual ... zero sources of your own, it looks like the debate is over. If my points aren't worth spending your time on ... don't reply to them.  ::)
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 17, 2021, 01:05:27 PM »
So if we are at the point where you won't even look at my sources
I am more than happy to look at sources, but "watch this half-hour video" is not a reasonable reply if you can't even summarise in your own words what about it supports your point.

you just want to scream that they are wrong whilst providing ... as usual ... zero sources of your own, it looks like the debate is over. If my points aren't worth spending your time on ... don't reply to them.  ::)
A source was provided long ago.

That's because gender identity isn't a thing. Imagining that you are a woman does not make you one.
What are your thoughts on the brain research I posted a few pages back on the thread? A brain that is structurally and functionally female in a male body doesn't sound like something that "isn't a thing" or is simply someone's imagination.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/research-on-the-transgender-brain-what-you-should-know/

Until we have moved past your dismissing any source you don't like as pseudoscience, there's no point providing more, is there?
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 17, 2021, 01:20:04 PM »
It's a Joe Rogan podcast ... I don't think I could make giving you evidence that you don't like, any more palatable. You can just listen to the podcast and do other stuff at the same time.
I just watched the first 6 minutes of it (that's a quarter of the total length, for those following along at home). The medical profession wasn't mentioned once, and the first paper they talked about was published in a journal called "Gender, Place & Culture: A Journal of Feminist Geography". I'm going to cut this short and assume it doesn't get any more relevant in the remaining 18 minutes.

Do better.

Rama Set

« Reply #263 on: July 17, 2021, 01:34:52 PM »
I know that episode and it’s about how those guys trolled sociologists, it’s not about the medical profession at all.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 17, 2021, 02:03:19 PM »
I know that episode and it’s about how those guys trolled sociologists, it’s not about the medical profession at all.
It is about getting papers published in the field of gender studies ... and how you can pretty much get anything published so long as it is on message. IE the science doesn't matter.

So ... when Xasop says
I'm aware that that's your point, but you seem to have missed mine, which is that your uninformed opinions are not more reliable than medical studies.
My reply is ... your medical studies are absolute horseshit and here are examples of people gaming the very same corrupt system. And here is a video of the men who proved it telling you what they did and how this system you just told me is reliable, utterly isn't.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 17, 2021, 02:05:36 PM »
My reply is ... your medical studies are absolute horseshit and here are examples of people gaming the very same corrupt system. And here is a video of the men who proved it telling you what they did and how this system you just told me is reliable, utterly isn't.
Are you telling me that you believe "Gender, Place & Culture: A Journal of Feminist Geography" is a medical journal?

Rama Set

« Reply #266 on: July 17, 2021, 02:35:01 PM »
It is about getting papers published in the field of gender studies ... and how you can pretty much get anything published so long as it is on message. IE the science doesn't matter.

So ... when Xasop says
I'm aware that that's your point, but you seem to have missed mine, which is that your uninformed opinions are not more reliable than medical studies.

You keep making your case against medical studies by not referring to medical studies.

Rama Set

« Reply #267 on: March 21, 2022, 05:59:22 PM »
I just saw that the trans woman, Lia Thomas, whose participation in women's swimming at Penn State caused some controversy, did not blow away the field at the National Championships.  She won the 500m Freestyle, placed 5th in the 200m Freestyle and placed 8th in the 100m freestyle.  Her performance in the 500m freestyle was far from record-breaking as well being 9 seconds off the record pace.  Her performace in intra-mural competition came under scrutiny when she set multiple school records.  Some media reported that she went from being a 400th ranked men's swimmer before transitioning and then becoming the number 1 swimmer.  This was not quite true: she was the number 2 ranked men's swimmer before starting HRT, after which she plummeted to the 400th in the one season she competed as man while on HRT.  It seems that reports of her competition being patently unfair was not very accurate.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 24, 2022, 07:31:34 PM »
They should have their genitalia removed and left arm. That should level most playing fields.

Women should walk away from the sports scene in utter disbelief and disgust. 

I'm crying for attention. <winK wink>
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Re: LGBT School Teachers
« Reply #270 on: April 01, 2022, 04:03:58 PM »
One of the US states, Idaho or Ohio, I forget which, passed laws today or recently that forbid trans kids from participating in school sport. According to the source I saw, there's only one kid in the whole state in that category.

The Government of that state considers it fair game to pass a law specifically to bully that one kid.  Just one. 

Links to follow in an edit once I retrace my steps and find the coverage.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
Re: Re: LGBT School Teachers
« Reply #271 on: April 01, 2022, 04:11:16 PM »
One of the US states, Idaho or Ohio, I forget which, passed laws today or recently that forbid trans kids from participating in school sport. According to the source I saw, there's only one kid in the whole state in that category.

The Government of that state considers it fair game to pass a law specifically to bully that one kid.  Just one. 

Links to follow in an edit once I retrace my steps and find the coverage.
They didn't pass a law prohibiting trans kids from participating in sports.

Quit lying.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Online Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 24, 2022, 03:07:27 PM »
https://www.essentiallysports.com/us-sports-news-swimming-news-strip-michael-phelps-of-his-medals-fan-believes-legendary-swimmer-had-the-same-biological-advantage-as-lia-thomas-calls-it-unfair/

I've read so many articles trying to justify Lia Thomas's involvement in women's swimming that have made arguments like this. Another one mischaracterized the argument against it by erroneously pointing out that the entire controversy is simply over the fact that she's, like, just really, really good.

No!

I'm sorry. They can have their pronouns, I have no problem with that. They can also use whatever bathroom they want as far as I'm concerned. I have no problem with trans people. I'm a member of the LGBTQ+ community myself and want nothing more than for everyone to be accepted and to feel comfortable with who they are. It almost makes me feel guilty for actually having my own opinion on this issue.

This isn't as black and white as all that.

Lia Thomas doesn't have the same biological advantage that Michael Phelps did. When she swam as a man, she was mediocre. When she swam as a woman, she was number 1. The issue is not that she's "too good". The issue is that we know where she landed competitively as a man, and she SUCKED. So you really can't convince me that the biological differences aren't as great as I'm making them out to be. In Lia Thomas we have solid empirical evidence that a trans athlete ranks much, much higher as a woman than as a man. In her case, the difference is transparently obvious. And I think that, more than anything else, is why she's been such a poster child for those who are against it.

If the biological differences were really so miniscule, all team sports would be coed. Where are all the trans football players, anyway? How many female to male trans people are competing on men's teams?

Sorry, these arguments don't fly.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 24, 2022, 06:20:14 PM »
Are you sure they sucked?
From what I understand, he was 2nd prior to hormonal therapy, then dropped to 400th during.

I think this is her prior to gender change.
https://pennathletics.com/sports/mens-swimming-and-diving/roster/will-thomas/14590

And post.
https://pennathletics.com/sports/womens-swimming-and-diving/roster/lia-thomas/19456

Unless I'm dumb, it looks like she's slower as a woman than a man.  But finding good swim numbers is more difficlt than I thought.  The #1 person i thought i found isn't even on the official roster.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 06:44:28 PM by Lord Dave »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #274 on: April 24, 2022, 07:58:51 PM »
Dave is right, Lia was second at Penn State, then plummeted the season she began hormone therapy. She set some school records the following season, competing as a woman, and won one distance at nationals. In other distances she was well off of winning never mind setting any record. The outrage around her competing is divorced from the reality of what she accomplished. Roundy is just acting like Ted Cruz and it’s sad to see.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 08:52:21 PM by Rama Set »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 20, 2022, 05:59:25 AM »
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Rama Set

« Reply #276 on: June 20, 2022, 11:04:35 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/swimming/61853450

There are a lot of conflicting responses, but ruling that male puberty is a competitive advantage is pretty rational. I’m not sure it is a bigger advantage than other genetic phenomena among females and that would be a crucial delineation. It’s too bad they pushed this ahead without having their open division already in place because it will put some athletes opportunities in limbo, unless they can continue to compete as is until the division open.

Rama Set

« Reply #277 on: July 11, 2022, 05:54:14 PM »
Hey bigots, do you want trans-folk to use the bathroom for their sex assigned at birth or not?

https://www.fox19.com/2022/07/08/transgender-butler-county-man-says-group-beat-him-up-using-wrong-restroom/

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 11, 2022, 06:54:34 PM »
Hey bigots, do you want trans-folk to use the bathroom for their sex assigned at birth or not?

https://www.fox19.com/2022/07/08/transgender-butler-county-man-says-group-beat-him-up-using-wrong-restroom/

Obviously neither.  They need to use diapers.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 11, 2022, 11:34:23 PM »

Obviously neither.  They need to use diapers don't want trans people to exist.
FTFY
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.