Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
Youtube videos?
« on: June 21, 2019, 04:08:13 PM »
It seems some changes have occurred with Youtube links.   It used to be that when you clicked on the embedded video there was the standard YouTube icon on the video that could be clicked to take you to the same video on Youtube.  That way when you view it the vid goes into your history for later viewing.  I tend to watch longer videos on my TV and miss that ability to easily pull up the vids.

I assume that this was done to keep people on the site?
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
Re: Youtube videos?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 04:09:59 PM »
OK nevermind, the title at the top of the video window is a link and does the same thing, must have been a YouTube change.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 06:13:49 PM »
Are you thinking about a YouTube logo in the bottom-right corner of the embed? Were you expecting something like this?

If so, we've always had that disabled on here - when I was originally setting up the embeds, I figured the additional button was cluttering up the relatively small space.

As you pointed out, clicking on the video's title provides the same functionality. However, if people feel they'd rather have the dedicated button there, it can be very easily added.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 08:25:31 PM »
Are you thinking about a YouTube logo in the bottom-right corner of the embed? Were you expecting something like this?

If so, we've always had that disabled on here - when I was originally setting up the embeds, I figured the additional button was cluttering up the relatively small space.

As you pointed out, clicking on the video's title provides the same functionality. However, if people feel they'd rather have the dedicated button there, it can be very easily added.

It's all good and works as it should. thanks.  I was talking about said logo.