Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #8280 on: January 10, 2021, 08:36:20 AM »
Also:
https://www.newsweek.com/qshaman-washington-antifa-protest-qanon-1559599

Its nice watching them attach eachother.

"We're patriots!"
"No, they were ANTIFA pretending to be patriots!"
"No, I've always been a patriot!"
"ANTIFA! FALSE FLAG!"

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #8281 on: January 10, 2021, 07:47:32 PM »
Trump only lost because of the COVID relief bill debacle. Don't think it's your twisted leftist culture that triumphed. People want their pandemic bux. McConnell also really fucked things up for him.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 07:58:42 PM by Fortuna »

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8282 on: January 10, 2021, 08:25:55 PM »
I think you have your time line mixed up.  The republicans lost the senate because of Trump's covid relief gambit.  But Trump lost the presidency because of a failure to effectively handle the pandemic.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #8283 on: January 10, 2021, 08:29:35 PM »
Trump only lost because of the COVID relief bill debacle. Don't think it's your twisted leftist culture that triumphed. People want their pandemic bux. McConnell also really fucked things up for him.

Whaaaaa? Are you suggesting blacks first for every opportunity and flaming homosexuals mincing outrageously isn't as universally adored as the media would portray?
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8284 on: January 10, 2021, 08:45:14 PM »
I think you have your time line mixed up.  The republicans lost the senate because of Trump's covid relief gambit.  But Trump lost the presidency because of a failure to effectively handle the pandemic.
Pretty much.
It’s depressing that 70 million people still wanted Trump as President, had he been vaguely competent during the pandemic he might well have won.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #8285 on: January 10, 2021, 10:45:01 PM »
Trump would definitely have won if not for the tanked economy and enormous death toll of the pandemic. It's a very bad sign for the future of this country that he didn't lose in a landslide.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #8286 on: January 10, 2021, 11:17:12 PM »

Except for the fact that governors and local health authorities have far more power in controlling the pandemic than Trump does. Do you want Trump to act beyond the scope of his branch of government or not?

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #8288 on: January 11, 2021, 12:18:27 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1348334770103660553?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1348334770103660553%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2Fcapitol-rioters-shown-beating-face-212050414.html

Yeah it totally wasn’t a violent insurrection...

Nothing says 'I love my country' like beating a police officer with an american flag.

Notable are several people trying to help the officer while he was being dragged down, as one of the comments said... and that this is one of the few videos I've seen where American flags outnumber trump/Confederate battle flags/nazi flags

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #8289 on: January 11, 2021, 12:24:30 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1348334770103660553?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1348334770103660553%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2Fcapitol-rioters-shown-beating-face-212050414.html

I don't think many disagree that it was, at least in part, a violent riot. The problem lies in the coverage of the event and the wild hypocrisy of the left. The BLM riots over the summer were far worse, racking up billions in property damage and dozens of deaths, but were largely encouraged by the media. Celebrities bailed out agitators, calls for violence were not removed from social media, and even calling them "riots" was met with moral posturing. The left set the precedent for this kind of behavior.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 12:28:55 AM by Fortuna »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8290 on: January 11, 2021, 12:37:10 AM »
Black people rioted for months and changed nothing while just making their lives worse for the trouble.

White people riot for a single day and strike fear directly into the hearts of Congress. Had they actually had ill intentions, most of the this country's federal government would be dead right now. The very fact that they're alive shows that the storming of the Capitol wasn't remotely violent. Let me know when thousands of people storm the Capitol and it leaves thousands dead or wounded, then you'll know it was a violent affair.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #8291 on: January 11, 2021, 01:13:22 AM »
Black people rioted for months and changed nothing while just making their lives worse for the trouble.

White people riot for a single day and strike fear directly into the hearts of Congress. Had they actually had ill intentions, most of the this country's federal government would be dead right now. The very fact that they're alive shows that the storming of the Capitol wasn't remotely violent. Let me know when thousands of people storm the Capitol and it leaves thousands dead or wounded, then you'll know it was a violent affair.

To be fair (senseless loss of life aside) it was more an entertaining debacle than anything else. Trump's last-ditch attempt to steal something that was never his... and the result was that. As inept as the rest of his presidency. How humiliating. This was that army of the people the liberals have been so worried about, mobilized in the name of getting Trump his "deserved" four more years... and the result was that.   :D
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Rama Set

« Reply #8292 on: January 11, 2021, 01:31:58 AM »

I don't think many disagree that it was, at least in part, a violent riot.

You did. I’m happy you’ve changed your mind.

The problem lies in the coverage of the event and the wild hypocrisy of the left. The BLM riots over the summer were far worse, racking up billions in property damage and dozens of deaths, but were largely encouraged by the media. Celebrities bailed out agitators, calls for violence were not removed from social media, and even calling them "riots" was met with moral posturing. The left set the precedent for this kind of behavior.

As a whole the violence associated with BLM protests caused more mayhem, but not as individual events. More lives were lost here than any individual BLM protest as far as I can see.

I’ve always been on the side of “any violence is wrong” and I think people excusing violence should have a look in the mirror. Explaining and understanding a phenomena without condoning is also important and it would be excellent if that could happen in an honest fashion.

Incorrect.

Oh it’s not violent unless the right amount of people die. How enlightened.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #8293 on: January 11, 2021, 01:41:06 AM »
As a whole the violence associated with BLM protests caused more mayhem, but not as individual events. More lives were lost here than any individual BLM protest as far as I can see.

But yeah, it's good to know we could overthrow the government in an afternoon should the need arise.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 01:42:56 AM by Fortuna »

Rama Set

« Reply #8294 on: January 11, 2021, 01:49:51 AM »

You keep reading what you want to buddy.

But yeah, it's good to know we could overthrow the government in an afternoon should the need arise.

Lol no.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8295 on: January 11, 2021, 02:40:10 AM »

Except for the fact that governors and local health authorities have far more power in controlling the pandemic than Trump does. Do you want Trump to act beyond the scope of his branch of government or not?

Exceed his authority? Probably not.

Attempt to use his authority to improve the situation? Yes.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #8296 on: January 11, 2021, 02:49:40 AM »

You're giving an unruly mob of angry rioters way, way too much credit here, both in terms of ethics and their level of practical ability. The violent rhetoric used by participants both while planning the riot and immediately preceding it have been extensively documented, as has the fact that they brought guns and bombs. We're about as confident as anyone can be without the existence of mind-reading that the rioters had violent intentions.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #8297 on: January 11, 2021, 03:46:15 AM »

You're giving an unruly mob of angry rioters way, way too much credit here, both in terms of ethics and their level of practical ability. The violent rhetoric used by participants both while planning the riot and immediately preceding it have been extensively documented, as has the fact that they brought guns and bombs. We're about as confident as anyone can be without the existence of mind-reading that the rioters had violent intentions.

Of course they brought guns and bombs. They are fucking republicans! The right to carry is their schtick. They didn't use their guns and bombs. They just like carrying them about.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: January 11, 2021, 04:40:11 AM »

Not sure how you can claim this when, as we saw, congress was evacuated.  There are reports that they were looking for people.  Hell, I saw a fucking gallows in the crowd.  Guy with zipties for the wrists. 

To be its clear at least some were out for either capture and scare or capture and kill.  Impossible to say for sure which but I'm certain that if any staff or congressman/woman was found, it would have been a very different story.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8299 on: January 11, 2021, 07:29:44 AM »

What happened to “the buck stops here”?
There is something in what you say but Trump has influence in how things are done - what’s the point of him if he doesn’t? And his endless “it’s fine, we are doing great, it’ll all go away like a miracle” rhetoric can’t have helped. His fans hang on his every word and if he doesn’t take this seriously then they don’t. That surely has to contribute to the spread of this thing which leads to deaths.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"