What do you see
« on: May 22, 2015, 06:35:10 AM »
What do you see in that image?

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: What do you see
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 07:01:46 AM »
I see a topic moved to CN, unless you have some kind of point. 

Offline alex

• Always Curious
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 07:08:21 AM »
I will come to my point afterwards.

So what do you see in that image? Just try to answer this question!

Ghost of V

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 07:18:48 AM »
I think the image is broken. Could you maybe rehost it?

Offline alex

• Always Curious
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 07:21:02 AM »
You see no image at all?

Ghost of V

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 07:24:24 AM »
You see no image at all?

I see what appears to be a broken image symbol.

Offline alex

• Always Curious
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 07:30:41 AM »

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 01:58:47 PM »

Go on then Spock, I see a straight black line on a white background.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline alex

• Always Curious
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 02:09:42 PM »
Thank you. I assume also other see a straight black line. However, this is a zoom of a circle!

Of course, when you plot a circle and zoom in enough, what you will see finally is a straight line.

This tells us: If you see a straight line this does not tell you if the total object is straight or round. You just cannot tell either.

Exactly the same: When you look out of your window and the earth looks flat, you neither can tell it is flat nor it is round. You cannot draw any conclusions from the statement "the earth looks flat when I look out of my window".

Offline dave

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 05:33:37 AM »
i would use a pancake with maple syrup and butter...and a flashlight overhead.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 04:07:40 AM »
But the image was flat until you proved that it was round.

The people who proved the earth was round are proven liars. There are many inexplicable things in the photos and footage from space. Therefore, those sources cannot be trusted and the earth is flat until proven otherwise.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 04:10:24 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 06:15:55 AM »

The people who proved the earth was round are proven liars. There are many inexplicable things in the photos and footage from space. Therefore, those sources cannot be trusted and the earth is flat until proven otherwise.

Citation needed.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 07:16:35 AM »

Citation needed.
Please contribute when you post.  That way, I will not have to split your posts or move them.  Thanks.  Consider this a warning. 

Offline AMann

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 09:54:38 AM »

Incorrect. The image was always round. Your limited perception due to a small portion of the picture led you to believe that it was a line being shown and not an arc.

The true liars are those that try to present the world as flat. The Earth has been proven to be round for centuries and all the data collected since has only further enhanced the fact that the Earth is round. On the contrary, those that try to present 'evidence' in their pseudoscientific view that the Earth is flat have all been refuted. There has yet to be a single piece of scientific data that shows the Earth flat. There are multitudes of observations and measurements that show the Earth is round.

Thork

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 12:19:13 PM »
I don't even think the two images were related. The first shows no pixel change whatsoever from a straight line - ergo it is straight, not a curve. The second isn't a curve either. It is a collection of straight lines offset one another to give the illusion of a curve. The world isn't made up of pixels. I also have a field of vision larger than an inch wide. This is a poor attempt at FEr entrapment.

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2015, 01:46:57 PM »
I don't even think the two images were related. The first shows no pixel change whatsoever from a straight line - ergo it is straight, not a curve. The second isn't a curve either. It is a collection of straight lines offset one another to give the illusion of a curve. The world isn't made up of pixels. I also have a field of vision larger than an inch wide. This is a poor attempt at FEr entrapment.

So you don't believe a sufficiently big enough sphere would appear flat to a person standing on it?

Offline Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2015, 07:19:37 PM »

Citation needed.
Please contribute when you post.  That way, I will not have to split your posts or move them.  Thanks.  Consider this a warning.

We're not allowed to ask for citations on questionable statements? How can we trust any answers in this forum then?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 07:28:51 PM by Dog »

Ghost of V

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2015, 07:43:15 PM »

Citation needed.

We're not allowed to ask for citations on questionable statements? How can we trust any answers in this forum then?

Think about what you're asking for a moment.

You're asking for evidence of the globular conspiracy. If the evidence was that easy to find it wouldn't be a very good conspiracy, would it? This is most likely why you were warned, because "citation needed" is not constructive in this case. All we can do is connect the dots and present our case to you. You can choose to deny it or accept it. Either way, the conspiracy is still at large and they do not care about you or what you think.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2015, 08:28:28 PM »

You're asking for evidence of the globular conspiracy. If the evidence was that easy to find it wouldn't be a very good conspiracy, would it?
Are you saying that the absence of evidence of a globular conspiracy is evidence of a globular conspiracy?  ???
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Ghost of V

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2015, 08:53:31 PM »

You're asking for evidence of the globular conspiracy. If the evidence was that easy to find it wouldn't be a very good conspiracy, would it?
Are you saying that the absence of evidence of a globular conspiracy is evidence of a globular conspiracy?  ???

There are clues and hints scattered throughout history, but there is no direct evidence.