Yaakov ben Avraham

Re: Sailing a Columbian ship to the edge.
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2014, 03:18:13 PM »
If you can necessarily say that Spain was civilised, @ least, any moreso than the Tainos that Columbus captured. & anybody who calls themselves 'Billy Bob' shouldn't be speaking too loudly about civilisation of any sort. Why don't you go get that thar engine out the tub, take a bath, & then go shoot you some 'possum for supper, & take that critter on back to the trailer park for the wife & kids?

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2014, 03:19:17 PM »
Let's try to keep it civil, alright?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2014, 03:24:55 PM »
BLANKO, fair enough. Besides, if I continue, someone will accuse me of being this one's alt! & I weary of the conversation anyhow, so I shall ignore him now I've said my piece.

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2014, 06:34:48 PM »
Why did Columbus not fall off the edge of the earth?  Because it is round, that is why. 

Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2014, 07:26:51 PM »
Why did Columbus not fall off the edge of the earth?  Because it is round, that is why. 

If you can't be bothered to do even the most basic research on the major flat earth models (in none of which, by the way, is "falling off the edge" possible by a trans-oceanic voyage), then there is really no point in engaging you in debate.  Your premise is fallacious.

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2014, 08:56:18 AM »

If you can't be bothered to do even the most basic research on the major flat earth models (in none of which, by the way, is "falling off the edge" possible by a trans-oceanic voyage), then there is really no point in engaging you in debate.  Your premise is fallacious.

What about Thork's bi-polar map?  What keeps me from falling off the edge on that map? 

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2014, 12:31:51 PM »

What about Thork's bi-polar map?  What keeps me from falling off the edge on that map?

Well first that's not Thork's map, it's just an alternative model.  Second, if you look, you see that the lines of longitude loop around from both poles, circling back onto the disc.  Anyone following a compass would follow those lines and therefore not reach the edge.

That said, I'm not a supporter of that map because it presents too many problems.  The monopole disc model is much more succinct.

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2014, 03:11:35 PM »
I don't want to derail this topic.  However, Tintagel, I think you mean the lines of latitude. 

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2014, 06:45:22 PM »
Billy, if I was a bit nasty, I apologise. I'm a little sensitive @ the moment because of accusations that I am a troll or an alt, neither of which are true. Do pardon me.

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2014, 09:43:21 PM »
I don't want to derail this topic.  However, Tintagel, I think you mean the lines of latitude.

Ah, you're right.  My mistake.  The point stands, however.

Offline dave

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2015, 05:19:35 AM »
the perimeter ice wall is 150 ft. high...there is no way out.