Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #10100 on: December 18, 2022, 02:57:20 PM »
And they sold out.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-63995563

Yeah, I'm really starting to wonder if that wasn't a money laundering scheme.

The sales raised about $450k which seems like a not worthwhile amount to launder for the company Trump keeps.
They sold 45000 of them at just under $100 each, for nearly $4.5 million. Additionally, they get a 10% commission on every single resale in perpetuity. I have a feeling this was a bigger grift than you are giving it credit for.
10% commission on every resale?  How does that work?
It's built into the contract that governs the NFT collection and is (was?) a pretty common practice among NFT creators. Any time they are sold, it can take a percentage of the sell price and give that to the wallet that the NFT originated from. According to OpenSea, where they are listed, that's a 10% commission for everything in this collection.

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10101 on: December 18, 2022, 03:02:15 PM »
And they sold out.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-63995563

Yeah, I'm really starting to wonder if that wasn't a money laundering scheme.

The sales raised about $450k which seems like a not worthwhile amount to launder for the company Trump keeps.
They sold 45000 of them at just under $100 each, for nearly $4.5 million. Additionally, they get a 10% commission on every single resale in perpetuity. I have a feeling this was a bigger grift than you are giving it credit for.
Maybe, maybe not.  I doubt that it'll be long before Trump NFTs tank like just about every other NFT.
Neither Trump, nor the company that released these NFTs, have any reason to care, really. They already got paid (assuming they didn't just buy all these up themselves, which they almost definitely did for at least some of the transactions), and will continue to get paid any time they resell no matter how much they tank, and all of that is just free money from beginning to end. Stolen artwork, used to childish looking cards, sold to fools with a recurring revenue stream to keep money trickling in that no one has to work for any more.

When they tank, many people will be left holding the bag. But Trump won't be one of those people.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: December 18, 2022, 04:45:34 PM »
10% commission on every resale?  How does that work?
More or less like this: https://certhis.io/nft-royalties-commissions
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: December 19, 2022, 08:06:02 PM »
Well, we'll see how this plays out.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jan-6-committee-condemns-trump-as-central-cause-of-insurrection-in-sweeping-report/ar-AA15ssDw?cvid=13c2a13e33e44971be49f9ab38d9e471

4 charges including insurrection.

I actually wish I had a Truth Social account just to see what the con man posts.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 08:09:07 PM by WTF_Seriously »
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: December 19, 2022, 08:30:04 PM »
Well, we'll see how this plays out.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jan-6-committee-condemns-trump-as-central-cause-of-insurrection-in-sweeping-report/ar-AA15ssDw?cvid=13c2a13e33e44971be49f9ab38d9e471

4 charges including insurrection.

I actually wish I had a Truth Social account just to see what the con man posts.

I can guess.

"Fake News.  Fake carges.  Greatest witchhunt in history.  Even greater than actual witchhunts where people were burned alive or drowned!  They want to stop me from saving America!  Me... the greatest president in America's history... and they want to stop me."
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: December 19, 2022, 09:00:42 PM »
I have a truth social account and I'm guessing you're right.  I haven't gotten around to checking because Trump's posts are getting a bit boring and predictable.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #10106 on: December 20, 2022, 02:22:30 AM »
Notable quotes from DJT today…as predicted...

“These folks don’t get it that when they come after me, people who love freedom rally around me.  It strengthens me. What doesn’t kill me makes me stronger,” Trump said on his Truth Social social media platform.

“The Fake charges made by the highly partisan Unselect Committee of January 6th have already been submitted, prosecuted, and tried in the form of Impeachment Hoax # 2. I WON convincingly. Double Jeopardy anyone!”

“The people understand that the Democratic Bureau of Investigation, the DBI, are out to keep me from running for president because they know I’ll win and that this whole business of prosecuting me is just like impeachment was — a partisan attempt to sideline me and the Republican Party,”

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: December 22, 2022, 06:18:25 PM »
And the worse news Trump could get...

Summary: his tax returns not only weren't under audit while he was president (like he said) BUT its gonna be released. 
So now everyone will know Trump's business deals and just how rich he says he is.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: December 22, 2022, 07:09:42 PM »
And it just gets better and better.

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/22/1144926308/fox-news-sean-hannity-dominion-lawsuit-trump

Long story short: Sean Hannity admits, under oath, that he lied to everyone who watches his show.  Alot.

And they say Fox is trustworthy.  HA!

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: December 22, 2022, 07:39:25 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/22/1144926308/fox-news-sean-hannity-dominion-lawsuit-trump

Long story short: Sean Hannity admits, under oath, that he lied to everyone who watches his show.  Alot.

Where does that article say that he lied?

Is says that he "embraced" it by giving Trump airtime. This is not the same as saying one thing and then saying the opposite.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #10110 on: December 22, 2022, 09:32:06 PM »

Is says that he "embraced" it by giving Trump airtime. This is not the same as saying one thing and then saying the opposite.

Critical thinking isn't really your strong suit, huh?
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Rama Set

« Reply #10111 on: December 22, 2022, 09:32:55 PM »
 :'(

It doesn’t take long to find that Hannity cast doubt on the election results. Results he has now said he never doubted. That’s a lie. The slightly more nuanced matter of never pushing back on the whacked out stories told on his show, or even correcting them when shown to be false, is also easy to constitute as deceitful.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10112 on: December 23, 2022, 12:10:55 AM »
So if it's so easy to find Hannity declaring fraud, why not do it?

Here are some quotes and statements starting from most recent. In the below text he does not want Mike Pence to halt the certification process:

https://money.yahoo.com/hannity-texted-meadows-doubts-pressuring-184347267.html

June 16, 2022

"Texts presented at the third public hearing of the Jan. 6 committee from Fox News host Sean Hannity to former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows shows his concerns that pressuring former Vice President Mike Pence to halt the election certification process could cause the entire White House counsel office to resign."

This appears to suggest that Hannity did not want to impede the process.

Next we have a quote of Hannity wanting to shut down discussion of fraud:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/20/business/media/sean-hannity-donald-trump-january-6.html

Jan. 20, 2022

The Fox News host Sean Hannity had some blunt advice for President Donald J. Trump on Jan. 7, 2021: “No more stolen election talk.”

These are not the words of a true believer.

Going back to what Hannity was discussing on his show about fraud after the 2020 election, on Hannity's segments on election fraud he was not giving declarations on whether there was or was not fraud, but stated that there was a duty to investigate the claims:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/hannity-rips-mainstream-media-election-fraud-claims

December 2, 2020

"We have a duty to investigate every legitimate claim of fraud and abuse," the "Hannity" host told viewers. "Every American should be shocked to the core by what we heard from witness after witness these past few days."

In the above, he is criticizing other outlets for ignoring the claims and refusing to investigate. This is different than declaring that there is widespread fraud and shouting that the election was rigged, however. He is interested in investigating the claims.

So where are the actual Hannity segments and quotes calling a fraud election? You seem to want to believe that these exist, but appear to have trouble finding them. The truth is that various hosts had different opinions on voter fraud and took different approaches to it. Covering it on his show is merely covering current events, giving his immediate reaction that such claims should be investigated, which itself implies that he is reserving judgement, and is not a personal statement that the election was lost to fraud.

If Hannity stated a lie about this then it should be easy to demonstrate the statements side by side. This is clearly a case of assuming too much.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 03:38:21 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #10113 on: December 23, 2022, 03:56:34 AM »
11/9/20:

“And in the state of Michigan, Republicans are moving in to investigate this software glitch called Dominion that actually changed thousands of votes from Trump to Biden,” Hannity exclaimed on Nov. 9. “They caught it. Now, the same software also, quote, ‘glitched’ in Georgia and was used in as many as 28 states, according to John Solomon.”

11/30/20 (Giving oxygen):

“I think there’s a substantial CIA component to it. In fact, I wonder where Venezuela first obtained the software that it used for the systems that it then exported to run in other foreign countries,” Powell said on Hannity’s Nov. 30 radio show. “It’s a communist, essentially, operation to rig elections.”

12/20:

"We have a duty to investigate every legitimate claim of fraud and abuse," the "Hannity" host told viewers. "Every American should be shocked to the core by what we heard from witness after witness these past few days.”

"We have hundreds of real whistleblowers," Hannity said. "Hundreds, by the way, with firsthand evidence, many signing sworn affidavits, all putting their names, reputations on the line.

"Just like Hillary's dirty Russian dossier didn't benefit them," he said, "just like the premeditated fraud on the FISA court didn't impact their candidate for president, just like the real quid pro quo with Joe and zero experience Hunter ... They're totally, completely ignoring what are very serious allegations of election fraud and abuse.

"We will remain independent. We answer only to the truth," he vowed. "We follow only the evidence, only the facts, the good, the bad, the ugly."

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10114 on: December 23, 2022, 05:21:55 AM »
None of that is a personal statement from Hannity that he concluded that the result of the election was caused by fraud. Hannity is complaining of the media ignoring allegations of fraud and that there is a duty to investigate. You literally posted two of the same quotes I just posted, and provided no further argument. He is clearly indicating that he is reserving judgement and that it needs to be investigated. If those statements are the best you have then it affirms that Hannity never called fraud and that he was reserving judgment.

Please read closer next time. You did nothing but support my previous post.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 06:40:21 AM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #10115 on: December 23, 2022, 05:32:17 AM »
Initially after the November 2020 election, Hannity appeared to be all in with Trump’s false election claims. On November 29, he texted Meadows saying he had his team trying to prove election fraud: “I’ve had my team digging into the numbers. There is no way Biden got these numbers. Just mathematically impossible. It’s so sad for this country they can pull this off in 2020. We need a major breakthrough, a video, something.”

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/29/politics/hannity-text-messages-meadows-trump-white-house/index.html

This certainly doesn't sound like someone who doubts Trump's claims of fraud.  It sounds exactly like the opposite.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10116 on: December 23, 2022, 05:48:41 AM »
It must be hard, having to rationalize people you thought were being truthful and telling it like it is, were actually lying to you because thats what got them views.

Alex Jones, Sean Hannity... Whose next?  I hope Trump.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #10117 on: December 23, 2022, 05:56:59 AM »
Initially after the November 2020 election, Hannity appeared to be all in with Trump’s false election claims. On November 29, he texted Meadows saying he had his team trying to prove election fraud: “I’ve had my team digging into the numbers. There is no way Biden got these numbers. Just mathematically impossible. It’s so sad for this country they can pull this off in 2020. We need a major breakthrough, a video, something.”

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/29/politics/hannity-text-messages-meadows-trump-white-house/index.html

This certainly doesn't sound like someone who doubts Trump's claims of fraud.  It sounds exactly like the opposite.

Yes, but Hannity never said precisely, "I, Sean Hannity, wish to state on the record that I believe that Biden stole the election from Trump," and therefore you can't really say that he claimed that he believed the election was stolen. That's how it works, you know. You can't interpret his words the way a reasonable person would and make a reasonable conclusion about what he meant; you can only go by him outright saying it as bluntly and unambiguously as humanly possible. That's the same reason why if you point a gun at someone and demand their money, you can't get charged with robbery unless you outright say "I will shoot you unless you give me your money." If he just hands you his money without you bluntly spelling out first that you'll shoot him unless he gives you his money, then he's just making assumptions and has no one to blame but himself for losing his money. Pretty cool, right?
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Rama Set

« Reply #10118 on: December 23, 2022, 05:58:36 AM »

Yes, but Hannity never said precisely, "I, Sean Hannity, wish to state on the record that I believe that Biden stole the election from Trump," and therefore you can't really say that he claimed that he believed the election was stolen. That's how it works, you know. You can't interpret his words the way a reasonable person would and make a reasonable conclusion about what he meant, you can only go by him outright saying it as bluntly and unambiguously as humanly possible. That's the same reason why if you point a gun at someone and demand their money, you can't get charged with robbery unless you outright say "I will shoot you unless you give me your money." If he just hands you his money without you bluntly spelling out first that you'll shoot him unless he gives you his money, then he's just making assumptions and has no one to blame but himself for losing his money. Pretty cool, right?

Super cool.  I mean, Sean doesn't even have a mustache to twirl, so there is no way he can be lying.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #10119 on: December 23, 2022, 06:50:24 AM »
Look, Sean Hannity is renowned for his fair and balanced approach to commentary, and I won't stand for this maligning of such an upstanding newsman any longer!  >o<
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)