Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Why was jroa demodded?
« on: October 01, 2015, 04:06:34 AM »
I'm not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with the action, but I do find it a bit irksome that there's no official announcement of jroa getting demodded. Could we have some clarification, please?

Alternatively, if I'm just being a dum-dum and failing to find the announcement, could you point me in the right direction?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Why was jroa demodded?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 04:17:08 AM »
I cannot provide clarification. There's no announcement I'm aware of and I know of it only based on the thread in CN.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 05:17:39 AM »
I can't give full clarification, as I wasn't fully around for it, but he'd been throwing some fits around the forum about getting banned in IRC for his behaviour and fun harassment. Posting in The Lounge at first last week, but then it happened again today (I think) and he used his sacred mod powers to make a post in Announcements calling Blanko a fag for banning him on IRC. Demodding him had been talked about before, due to that behaviour and some incident and drama before.

If there's more to it, Blanko or someone else can elucidate further, but that's what I'm aware of.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 05:22:09 AM by Snupes »
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 12:34:00 PM »
It's a result of a long running trend of generally causing more trouble to the moderation team than being an active member of it, and sexually harassing users on more than one occasion. I got the go-ahead a while ago, but like Snupes mentioned, yesterday he decided to abuse his powers to post a thread in the Announcements just to call me a fag. I was on the fence for a while, but it's become clear that he can't be trusted to use his powers responsibly, nor can he be trusted to even abide by the forum rules.

As for why there is no announcement, do you think it's necessary to announce that a mod who did no moderating is being kicked off? That idea didn't even occur to me. I think this thread should suffice for anyone looking for clarification.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 01:14:43 PM »
This thread is about another user's personal information and is none of your business.  Locked.

No, but seriously, I agree with Blanko.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 02:39:56 PM »
Thanks for clarifying.

Personally, I think that any staff changes should come with an announcement. I don't think users should have to ask about what is a relatively major change in the site's operation. Having all staff change announcements in one place may also be helpful if someone wants to read up on what happened in the past, long after this S&C thread sinks to the bottom.

That said, this is pretty much a non-issue, so treat it as a mild suggestion, if even that. I appreciate the clear and direct answers.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 02:49:48 PM »
Thank you for the clarification, Blanko. Seems like it was overdue. Locking this one.