Re: Friendly Debate
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2016, 12:18:38 AM »

"I have been away from here for a short time and I come back to that?? You can thank mutual destruction for saving millions of lives. Sure there are bad seeds everywhere....but that statement is rediculous."

"You can thank mutual destruction for saving millions of lives. "  The voice of mendacious propaganda.  I don't buy it.   Saving lives!  As if you cared.

For the record I love puppies

You say friendly debate....yet I am becoming convinced you have very few friendly bones in your body. I could go down the numbers on how mutual destruction decreased wars, however I don't think it would sink in. Just wondering, do you think it is a coincidence that superpowers haven't went at it with each other yet? They just pick on non nuclear countries and bully them.

You say you go to church ever week...yet you have so much hatred raging inside of you. Though this is the norm that I have found with people who have to announce they go to church "every week"... Usually it's just lip service, yet the heart is black.

You hate scientist yet you put lawyers on a pedestal, that certainly makes sense doesn't it?? Some scientist build bombs, others try to cure aids....some lawyers fight for the weak and innocent, others intentionally fight to free people they know are murders and win. Your broad ignorant  statements of hate breeds racism, prejudice and blind ignorance.

I say one thing, and you say " like you care about saving people". Such arrogance and ignorance. What do you know about me? I care not to correct you either, I follow what Yehushua said, I do my deeds for Him and to help people, not for narcissistic desires. So think what you want, I could care less, just wanted to point out more ignorance.

I have two trades . I have a doctorate in mechanical engineering and do "scientific" work all the time. Yet I have a master's in music theory, and have a respectable name in the music field. So how do you classify me in your short sided hate filled ignorant classifications, this might cause a contradiction?

I would worry about that darkness brewing in your soul before you start throwing stones

Did anyone stay when Yehushua told the one without sin to throw the first stone.....?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 12:22:46 AM by babyhighspeed »

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2016, 05:28:19 AM »
So I am supposed to believe that you care about "the children"?  LOL ... What  Bullshit!

Fantastic stuff!  There's the church-going, Bible-reading, username "Love" making the Methodists proud!  Believe what you want, makes no difference to me.  If you would like to return to civil conversation, I'm up for that.  If not, I'll leave you alone.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Woody

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2016, 06:55:21 AM »
So I am supposed to believe that you care about "the children"?  LOL ... What  Bullshit!

Fantastic stuff!  There's the church-going, Bible-reading, username "Love" making the Methodists proud!  Believe what you want, makes no difference to me.  If you would like to return to civil conversation, I'm up for that.  If not, I'll leave you alone.

I did not want to spend the time looking for Love's post so decided to reply to yours.

There is something I have noticed as I have gone through life:

Liars think everyone else are liars.

Thieves think everyone else steal.

Selfish people think others motives are selfish.

I had a roommate in the army that was constantly worried about people stealing his stuff.  It was discovered he was breaking into rooms and stealing stuff. Just as an example.

I think Love's Christians values do not include caring for others.  So it is hard for him to believe someone would post here in the hopes preventing someone heading down the FE/conspiracy rabbit hole. 

I have witnessed someone go down that path.  He became more and more convinced ignored any counter evidence. It started off slow, but as time went by it got worse and worse.Starting thinking he found evidence in movies, ties politicians wore, logos, mascots, road signs, expanding into other conspiracy theories, etc.

Which is the reason I post here and when I run across a youtube videos that make claims with no evidence.  Personally I think some here arguing for FET do not really believe the Earth is flat and do not realize they just may convince a young person that it is and what it implies. 

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2016, 10:30:06 AM »

Case 5;

I have a long standing interest in conspiracy theorists, my father believed in all sorts, we were descended from alien visitors, dark forces and shadow organisations, so I was bought up on Von Daniken and the belief that we would be invaded by Russia.
When one of my sons started sending me links about “chem trails “ and the holographic projection of the 9/11 planes I thought, O dear the nutcase gene had resurfaced.
During our subsequent discussions I mentioned “flat earthers” as a denigrating insult (I know I'm coming across here as the perfect parent but I'm not) and he pointed out that there was such a society. I was incredulous so I came to have a look, I lurked, read the wiki and a lot of posts and got hooked.

First and foremost amongst the outright bampots there are some very nice people here, from both sides of the debate.

Why do I stay and argue? Well I like arguing, it's fun, it makes you re-evaluate your beliefs, but rounder does have a point, I'm not sure that many of the founders truly believe all of this but there are a few lost souls that pass through here and altruist that I am, If I can arrest one of them from the slide to mental illness I can rest easy.

I will buy that you like to argue.    But your remark about Shadenfreude was a passive aggressive, smart ass remark such as I would hear from and emotional cripple.  You want to hurt people.  I don't buy you have any altruistic purpose in posting in a place like this. 

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2016, 10:36:57 AM »
I will buy that you like to argue.    But your remark about Shadenfreude was a passive aggressive, smart ass remark such as I would hear from and emotional cripple.  You want to hurt people.  I don't buy you have any altruistic purpose in posting in a place like this.

Wow, and you accused ME of being presumptuous? Something something black pots and kettles...

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2016, 10:43:23 AM »

You gave me the best laugh ever from reading any post on the internet.  Thank You.  I still laugh when I think about you protecting "the children"  LOL....

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2016, 12:19:48 PM »

"I have been away from here for a short time and I come back to that?? You can thank mutual destruction for saving millions of lives. Sure there are bad seeds everywhere....but that statement is rediculous."

"You can thank mutual destruction for saving millions of lives. "  The voice of mendacious propaganda.  I don't buy it.   Saving lives!  As if you cared.

For the record I love puppies

You say friendly debate....yet I am becoming convinced you have very few friendly bones in your body. I could go down the numbers on how mutual destruction decreased wars, however I don't think it would sink in. Just wondering, do you think it is a coincidence that superpowers haven't went at it with each other yet? They just pick on non nuclear countries and bully them.

You say you go to church ever week...yet you have so much hatred raging inside of you. Though this is the norm that I have found with people who have to announce they go to church "every week"... Usually it's just lip service, yet the heart is black.

You hate scientist yet you put lawyers on a pedestal, that certainly makes sense doesn't it?? Some scientist build bombs, others try to cure aids....some lawyers fight for the weak and innocent, others intentionally fight to free people they know are murders and win. Your broad ignorant  statements of hate breeds racism, prejudice and blind ignorance.

I say one thing, and you say " like you care about saving people". Such arrogance and ignorance. What do you know about me? I care not to correct you either, I follow what Yehushua said, I do my deeds for Him and to help people, not for narcissistic desires. So think what you want, I could care less, just wanted to point out more ignorance.

I have two trades . I have a doctorate in mechanical engineering and do "scientific" work all the time. Yet I have a master's in music theory, and have a respectable name in the music field. So how do you classify me in your short sided hate filled ignorant classifications, this might cause a contradiction?

I would worry about that darkness brewing in your soul before you start throwing stones

Did anyone stay when Yehushua told the one without sin to throw the first stone.....?

All that education and all you can manage are the utterances of a witless, charmless, pedantic bigot.   You are also given to hyperbole and presumption.   Hate, Rage:  Clearly you don't know what they are and I hope you never find out.

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2016, 12:44:03 PM »

I did not want to spend the time looking for Love's post so decided to reply to yours.

There is something I have noticed as I have gone through life:

Liars think everyone else are liars.

Thieves think everyone else steal.

Selfish people think others motives are selfish.

I had a roommate in the army that was constantly worried about people stealing his stuff.  It was discovered he was breaking into rooms and stealing stuff. Just as an example.

I think Love's Christians values do not include caring for others.  So it is hard for him to believe someone would post here in the hopes preventing someone heading down the FE/conspiracy rabbit hole. 

I have witnessed someone go down that path.  He became more and more convinced ignored any counter evidence. It started off slow, but as time went by it got worse and worse.Starting thinking he found evidence in movies, ties politicians wore, logos, mascots, road signs, expanding into other conspiracy theories, etc.

Which is the reason I post here and when I run across a youtube videos that make claims with no evidence.  Personally I think some here arguing for FET do not really believe the Earth is flat and do not realize they just may convince a young person that it is and what it implies.

Says the technocratic ideologue.  You really think I am a liar and a thief?  Do you think I am a selfish person incapable of caring for others?  Based on what:  That I like to argue on the internet?  Maybe it's because I assailed your sacred cow?  That is one nasty post you made full passive aggressive vitriol.  I respected you up until now.  Now you are just another common internet troll who likes to say hurtful things.  I guess it helps make you feel better about yourself somehow.   

I am convinced the powers that be lie.  They use mendacious propaganda to diddle our heads.  Where does truth start and the lie end?  I do not know!  I never claimed to know.  But, I am convinced we are ruled by criminals.   I think these criminals find scientists useful.  I don't hate science or scientists.  (Art and music are used in social manipulation, also.) I think they are pathetic and disgusting but I do not hate them.   I do not love lawyers.  I admire their command of the language and self assurance.  But, I think the power of lawyers offers a sad commentary on the human condition.  I hope I never see any lawyers.  They are no fun.

Do you have any good reason why I should not think you are a liar and a thief?  I can't think of any.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2016, 01:27:50 PM »

Mmm. I want to hurt people? And I am an emotional cripple! And the schadenfreude comment was passive aggressive. Well that about covers it.

The schadenfreude comment was made with a dawning realisation of the type of person you are, as with many Christians you are condescending and aggressive, presumably as you are part of a threatened, increasingly marginalised cult in its death throws that can’t defend itself in the face of logical scientific thought, you seek to lash out against your tormenters. Good luck with that, you will fail.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2016, 02:33:59 PM »

All that education and all you can manage are the utterances of a witless, charmless, pedantic bigot.   You are also given to hyperbole and presumption.   Hate, Rage:  Clearly you don't know what they are and I hope you never find out.

I don't see how I have exaggerated or assumed incorrectly anything you have said so far. I can go cut and paste a statement to back up everything I have spoken.

Yes I would consider myself a "bigot" to damaging mentalities that can harm people. This does not mean I am not open minded.

As for hate and rage, besides them being an automatic and easy human emotion. Besides it being the one thing that will harden someone's heart, with 100s of warnings from Yahweh and Yehushua. Besides these things, which shows EVERYONE knows this emotion and should look to rebuke it because if it's damaging nature. From mid of 2015 to the first of 2016 I lost EVERY single family member I had (I am only 32). BELIEVE me, I know what hate and rage is. I just choose to listen to the warnings given about it. I know if I let it take hold even a little, I will never regain control.

My whole point of my irritated post before. You are falling into the typical "Christian" model. Self appointed, judgemental state of mind with arrogant, short sided, ignorant views. This does more damage to Yahweh and the Bible than any athiest/agnostic could do. They just let it happen, point, and say see....This is also the reason I don't consider myself "Christian" and you will never catch me in a church. Yet I consider the ultimate truth to be Yahweh/Yehushua...yet this man made "Christian " "religion" I despise. Though that is the nature of "religion" abolish that and we would be better off.

So please look at yourself and make sure you are not falling in this trap. From your words, it sure seems like you are falling or already fell.

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2016, 11:55:43 AM »

Mmm. I want to hurt people? And I am an emotional cripple! And the schadenfreude comment was passive aggressive. Well that about covers it.

The schadenfreude comment was made with a dawning realisation of the type of person you are, as with many Christians you are condescending and aggressive, presumably as you are part of a threatened, increasingly marginalised cult in its death throws that can’t defend itself in the face of logical scientific thought, you seek to lash out against your tormenters. Good luck with that, you will fail.
  Thank you for sharing.

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2016, 12:05:20 PM »

I don't see how I have exaggerated or assumed incorrectly anything you have said so far. I can go cut and paste a statement to back up everything I have spoken.

Pure drivel.  Jesus also said remove the log from your own eye before trying to remove the sliver from another's.  I am not your problem.  I am a mere peasant  disgusted with the human condition.  Your remarks are way over the top. 

Yes I would consider myself a "bigot" to damaging mentalities that can harm people. This does not mean I am not open minded.

As for hate and rage, besides them being an automatic and easy human emotion. Besides it being the one thing that will harden someone's heart, with 100s of warnings from Yahweh and Yehushua. Besides these things, which shows EVERYONE knows this emotion and should look to rebuke it because if it's damaging nature. From mid of 2015 to the first of 2016 I lost EVERY single family member I had (I am only 32). BELIEVE me, I know what hate and rage is. I just choose to listen to the warnings given about it. I know if I let it take hold even a little, I will never regain control.

My whole point of my irritated post before. You are falling into the typical "Christian" model. Self appointed, judgemental state of mind with arrogant, short sided, ignorant views. This does more damage to Yahweh and the Bible than any athiest/agnostic could do. They just let it happen, point, and say see....This is also the reason I don't consider myself "Christian" and you will never catch me in a church. Yet I consider the ultimate truth to be Yahweh/Yehushua...yet this man made "Christian " "religion" I despise. Though that is the nature of "religion" abolish that and we would be better off.

So please look at yourself and make sure you are not falling in this trap. From your words, it sure seems like you are falling or already fell.

Pure drivel.  Jesus also said remove the log from your own eye before trying to remove the sliver from another's.  I am not your problem.  I am a mere peasant  disgusted with the human condition.  Your remarks are way over the top.  I don't need you to tell me how to act or what to think.   The only knowledge you display is technocratic propaganda.   I doubt you care for anything as much as you care for your own ego.

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2016, 01:01:59 PM »
I just remembered...Babyhighspeed told me to 'go hug a puppy'.  An arrogant, dismissive, snotty, snarky and condescending remark.   Babyhighspeed threw the first stone.  She started the acrimony.  I am happy to treat people with respect even when I disagree with them but most of you people in here have no idea what good manners are.   This is a forum for discussion and debate.  I can attack ideas and philosophies.  I can attack groups of people and public figures or figures of historical note.  I don't make personal attacks unless I am attacked first.  And I shouldn't do it then but sometimes resentment gets the best of me.   If by assailing your sacred cows I have caused you any consternation I say good!

I threaten no one with any violence.   I don't steal.   I am true to my wife for well over 30 yrs .  I treat my neighbor and his property with respect and I show deference to the fairer gender.  I would treat you debunkers with respect if you could lay off of your passive/aggressive snotty remarks. As far as I am concerned you debunkers are all just propagandists and proselytes.  None of you are trustworthy and neither is the information from which you draw your conclusions.  I doubt any of you are noble crusaders and if you say you are then I say you suffer from delusions of grandeur.

I don't know where the lies end and the truth starts.   I am convinced the powers that be are liars and criminals.  I think the public school system, university and the military diddled my head.  We are living in a dying culture.  Hell, it's dead!  The old paradigms such as the promise of science are failing.  Look at Detroit.   At one time probably the most prosperous city in the world.  Now it's a nightmare.  Science has created a bubble and that bubble is collapsing.  I expect it to fully burst one of these days.  People do not need science to be happy and healthy.  Science is dangerous and scientists are irresponsible. 

I can thank mutually assured destruction for making the world a more dangerous place, for making people more scared and neurotic, for giving corrupt leaders more power.   MAD didn't stop Viet Nam nor Korea.   Their has been an untold number of deaths and destruction due to wars all over the world.  MAD a good thing?  Only if you are given to delusional thinking.

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2016, 01:44:25 PM »
Ask yourself how many wars are,  and was driven by religion. American soldiers go to war in the name of God, sent by a congress and a president sworn in to embassy holding the Bible. ISIS, Boku Harram, militant Buddhists in Myanmar, the Japanese onslaught down east Asia during WW2,  and the list goes on.

You can thank humans and human nature for the destruction of our world. Adding religion as an excuse for righteous killing is beyond madness. Stating that religion is the true path to peace, morals and ethics is even worse. Hypocrisy at best. All it shows is that you support an institution responsible for countless of pointless deaths, justified by the whole "God told us that..." ignorance. It doesn't matter how peaceful an individual is on either side.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2016, 02:20:14 PM »
Ask yourself how many wars are,  and was driven by religion. American soldiers go to war in the name of God, sent by a congress and a president sworn in to embassy holding the Bible. ISIS, Boku Harram, militant Buddhists in Myanmar, the Japanese onslaught down east Asia during WW2,  and the list goes on.

You can thank humans and human nature for the destruction of our world. Adding religion as an excuse for righteous killing is beyond madness. Stating that religion is the true path to peace, morals and ethics is even worse. Hypocrisy at best. All it shows is that you support an institution responsible for countless of pointless deaths, justified by the whole "God told us that..." ignorance. It doesn't matter how peaceful an individual is on either side.

Christ did not change human nature.   Nature is not configured along the lines of human compassion.  Christ' death and resurrection did stop the blood sacrifice that pagan and goddess worshipping cultures used to do at festivals and at the initiation of business, engineering and military adventures.    A lot of times the sacrifice was human.  Christians are just as messed up as any other group and are more responsible for the world being a mess than any other group.  I say this because Christianity has been, by far, the most successful political movement of history.  Religion and a personal relationship with the Creator are not the same thing.

Your comment is deflective and doesn't negate anything I have stated.   Plus you have presumed, wrongly so, as to what I valued.  I love God!  I love Jesus!  I read my Bible and pray everyday.   I don't pretend I am any better than anyone else.  Religion is corrupted.   I love the Catholic church.   They have done more (IMHO) for the advancement of western civilization than any other entity.  However, they have also created great iniquity due to the corrupting influence of success and power.   I don't pretend to be righteous. 

Religion, like any other institution devised by men, is subject to corruption.

"You can thank humans and human nature for the destruction of our world. "  And you can thank scientists for making the destruction of the world easier.

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2016, 03:16:32 PM »

Christ did not change human nature.   Nature is not configured along the lines of human compassion.  Christ' death and resurrection did stop the blood sacrifice that pagan and goddess worshipping cultures used to do at festivals and at the initiation of business, engineering and military adventures.    A lot of times the sacrifice was human.  Christians are just as messed up as any other group and are more responsible for the world being a mess than any other group.  I say this because Christianity has been, by far, the most successful political movement of history.  Religion and a personal relationship with the Creator are not the same thing.

Your comment is deflective and doesn't negate anything I have stated.   Plus you have presumed, wrongly so, as to what I valued.  I love God!  I love Jesus!  I read my Bible and pray everyday.   I don't pretend I am any better than anyone else.  Religion is corrupted.   I love the Catholic church.   They have done more (IMHO) for the advancement of western civilization than any other entity.  However, they have also created great iniquity due to the corrupting influence of success and power.   I don't pretend to be righteous. 

"You can thank humans and human nature for the destruction of our world. "  And you can thank scientists for making the destruction of the world easier.
That's the problem right there! Easier how? Nuclear weapons? Yeah, some people figured they'd use that technology for bad, even though nuclear power is the cleanest energy production we know of.

Bombs? We use TNT to blow our way through mountains, making transportation easier.

The list of pro and con is endless. In the end, you can't blame science for that. Regardless of the tools provided, there's still a person pulling the trigger. Whether or not science made destruction easier is irrelevant, intentions would be the same regardless.

Don't fear what you cannot understand.

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2016, 05:40:35 PM »

That's the problem right there! Easier how? Nuclear weapons? Yeah, some people figured they'd use that technology for bad, even though nuclear power is the cleanest energy production we know of.

Bombs? We use TNT to blow our way through mountains, making transportation easier.

The list of pro and con is endless. In the end, you can't blame science for that. Regardless of the tools provided, there's still a person pulling the trigger. Whether or not science made destruction easier is irrelevant, intentions would be the same regardless.

People would be just as happy without science.  I can blame science and scientists if I feel like it.  You make no good case not to.  Science is dangerous and scientists are irresponsible.   There are copious amounts of pollution because of science.   There are technologies of mass destruction because of science.  The things that put joy into the heart and health into the body do not require science. 

The only thing I fear is harm coming to a loved one. 
"Don't fear what you cannot understand."   This comes from a place of pure hubris.   You would be wise to take your own advice.

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2016, 05:52:24 PM »

Wintu Woman, 19th Century

"When we Indians kill meat, we eat it all up. When we dig roots, we make little holes. When we build houses, we make little holes. When we burn grass for grasshoppers, we don't ruin things. We shake down acorns and pine nuts. We don't chop down the trees. We only use dead wood. But the white people plow up the ground, pull down the trees, kill everything. ... the White people pay no attention. ...How can the spirit of the earth like the White man? ... everywhere the White man has touched it, it is sore."

Offline thatsnice

• Don't you just love Reuleaux triangles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2016, 06:13:12 PM »
Honestly, this thread has just devolved into various personal attacks stemming from both parties(for the most part), there's no real point to continuation of this... conversation. It's most likely that most everyone who contributed is at fault to some degree, and no one will change their opinions on the advent of science. You don't have to slander each other, it's unnecessary.
"You never go full retard."

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2016, 06:22:32 PM »

People would be just as happy without science.  I can blame science and scientists if I feel like it.  You make no good case not to.  Science is dangerous and scientists are irresponsible.   There are copious amounts of pollution because of science.   There are technologies of mass destruction because of science.  The things that put joy into the heart and health into the body do not require science. 

The only thing I fear is harm coming to a loved one. 
"Don't fear what you cannot understand."   This comes from a place of pure hubris.   You would be wise to take your own advice.
This is exactly what I think is the problem with the world. People. People who for some reason feel their agenda is more righteous or pure than other people's agenda. As if their path in life and what they strive for is more correct than others, based only on something as stupid as what could be defined as "political correctness".

"My religion is better than yours"

"Our human values are better than yours"

"Our opinion about X is more correct than yours"

It's stupid. There's just some things you can't argue. There's just some things you can't have an opinion about. One of those things are the shape of the Earth. Trying to lure people of gullible nature or reduced mental capacity, or just people lacking basic education and knowledge into believing these fallacies by spreading the word in an eloquent fashion is an attempt to purposely set society back, either knowing that its BS, or lacking the necessary intellect to actually participate in debates like this.

If you want to blame science of anything, frown upon the fact that science has allowed people to operate a site like this.

For most of us (RE'ers in particular), this place is a laugh riot. Like watching reality TV on your train ride back home from work, just to laugh a bit and observe how much better and informed we are. An exercise in debating. Mental gymnastics.

For the rest, those who actually believe this stuff, or are converted by reading the pseudo-science and wizardry at display here, you're going to live the rest of your lives based on a lie created by nothing more than the experiment this site is. Ask yourself if the key proponents are in fact believing the earth is flat, then tell me in all honesty what conclusion you arrive at.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 06:24:27 PM by andruszkow »