BillO

Re: Size of the Sun
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2022, 01:54:16 PM »
Okay, I am out of any further discussion with you going forward.  Peace.

Offline Pondering Charles

• Purgatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2022, 02:16:35 PM »

I'll take that as a win

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2022, 02:50:23 PM »
I'd say the sun is about 50 miles across, and maybe 100,000 feet in the air(lowest point or obviously it would engulf us). Eyeball estimate

Those sneaky bastards on Blue Origin.  They flew twice as high as the sun and then hid all the pictures of looking down on it.  Captain Kirk's an asshole.
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

• Purgatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2022, 02:59:47 PM »
I'd say the sun is about 50 miles across, and maybe 100,000 feet in the air(lowest point or obviously it would engulf us). Eyeball estimate

Those sneaky bastards on Blue Origin.  They flew twice as high as the sun and then hid all the pictures of looking down on it.  Captain Kirk's an asshole.

Blue Origin faked literally all of it. They know how refraction works and how to manipulate it

Rama Set

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2022, 04:31:26 PM »
RE math is all invalid because it presumes the wrong shape of the earth.

Its no wonder you arrive at incorrect conclusions when you start with deeply flawed premises.

• Purgatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2022, 04:39:43 PM »
RE math is all invalid because it presumes the wrong shape of the earth.

Its no wonder you arrive at incorrect conclusions when you start with deeply flawed premises.

It is the other way around my friend

BillO

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2022, 04:44:03 PM »
I'll take that as a win
Ahh, the coward's cheer!

Delude yourself as you wish and hope your dome doesn't suck the will to live out of you.

• Purgatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2022, 04:46:14 PM »
I'll take that as a win
Ahh, the coward's cheer!

Delude yourself as you wish and hope your dome doesn't suck the will to live out of you.

You sound as if Satan is within you.repent, cry out foor the blood sacrifice of JESUS CHRIST

BillO

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2022, 05:02:39 PM »
You sound as if Satan is within you.repent, cry out foor the blood sacrifice of JESUS CHRIST
Well according to your feeble take on religion I am a product of your God.  Accordingly he made me the way I am and knew exactly how I'd turn out.  So, it's all his fault and therefore up to him to correct his error.

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2023, 06:50:05 PM »
Refraction from the dome allows light to be sucked up and filtered out, so the sun appears how it does.
Wonderful.  Can you kindly give me the mathematics for this?

BillO

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2023, 07:25:17 PM »
The problem with his "mathematics" is that if you assume the earth is flat and do this from different latitudes on the earth simultaneously (so that the sun is over the same spot on the earth) you get different values for the altitude of the sun.  Since the sun cannot be at different altitudes at the same time, either math just does not work and we need to throw it out (of course it does work, so we can't throw it out), or the earth is not flat.

It was precisely to patch up results like this in a desperate effort to hold onto the notion of a flat earth that the geniuses around here invented EA, AKA "Bendy Light".  Did you ever read the wiki?

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2023, 04:54:44 PM »

I'll take that as a win

Okay then, what is the distance from Perth to Brisbane?
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Magicalus

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2023, 02:49:39 AM »

I'll take that as a win

In no way is that a win. There's just no point in arguing with someone who will handwave away valid issues with their theories by just saying "Heaven mumble mumble will of God mumble some things just can't be explained." Given debate is about arguing facts (despite what you may see from both sides on these forums), why spend time debating someone who denies the necessity of facts? (I'm sure God is a fact in your belief system, but faith is by definition not basis for facts.)