Hey, so I am currently a design student at university and we have been given the task to create a project on a controversial topic. I have chosen the flat Earth theory as I believe in it!

I was thinking of creating a zine or leaflet style editorial piece and re-designing an article or piece of text that talks about the flat Earth theory. I was wondering if anyone has any great online articles/books/written passages about the flat Earth theory that I should check out? I have been researching and all the written information I have found it usually too long to fit into a zine or editorial piece. I'm looking for something no bigger than 16 pages really. Having said that, anything is appreciated as I will use it for further research anyways!

Many thanks!

Offline Parallax

• Disciple of Dr Rowbotham
    • View Profile
Re: Research and advice for the theory of flat Earth for a project..
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 09:55:45 PM »
You want the absolute authority on flat earth, Dr Samuel Rowbotham and his book, Earth not a globe. The Bedford level experiment, true distance of the sun, the true shape of the earth, and position of the earth in the universe would be good starting points.

You could also check out 100 proofs earth is not a globe by William carpenter. Those are pretty short passages that can easily fit into what you are looking to do.

But Dr Rowbotham is definitely a must, his work is revolutionary and the knowledge you will be introduced to will be eye opening.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 11:29:04 PM »
That is correct. Samuel Birley Rowbotham is the authority on Flat Earth Theory.

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 12:03:11 PM »
You want the absolute authority on flat earth, Dr Samuel Rowbotham and his book, Earth not a globe. The Bedford level experiment, true distance of the sun, the true shape of the earth, and position of the earth in the universe would be good starting points.

You could also check out 100 proofs earth is not a globe by William carpenter. Those are pretty short passages that can easily fit into what you are looking to do.

But Dr Rowbotham is definitely a must, his work is revolutionary and the knowledge you will be introduced to will be eye opening.

Thank you very much, I have had a look at Rowbotham's work and it is really great! I will research into Carpenter's writing as well. Many thanks for the help!

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 12:09:59 PM »
Who alive today is?

Offline Parallax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 12:36:51 PM »
Who alive today is?
Eric Dubay

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 02:12:37 PM »
Who alive today is?
Eric Dubay

What qualifies him as an "authority" in this field?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 02:25:24 PM »
Eric Dubay
For the record, Eric Dubay is far from an authority on the subject. He has some interesting ideas, but he's also very insistent on interweaving them with extremist takes on history and on modern times. Not to mention his tendency to try to take over other Flat Earth groups under threat of decrying them as a conspiracy doesn't win him any points.

There is no central authority on Flat Earth Theory. Multiple groups exist, with some commonalities and some disagreements. We are at far too early stages of our advancement in society to bicker about who we'd like to be in charge. It doesn't help anyone.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 02:32:40 PM »
Who alive today is?
Eric Dubay
Who says:

If the Earth and its atmosphere were constantly spinning Eastwards over 1000mph, this should somewhere somehow be seen, heard, felt or measured by someone, yet no one in history has ever experienced this alleged Eastward motion; meanwhile, however, we can hear, feel and experimentally measure even the slightest Westward breeze.

and:

So-called “satellite” TV dishes are almost always positioned at a 45 degree angle towards the nearest ground-based repeater tower. If TV antennae were actually picking up signals from satellites 100+ miles in space, most TV dishes should be pointing more or less straight up to the sky. The fact that “satellite” dishes are never pointing straight up and almost always positioned at a 45 degree angle proves they are picking up ground-based tower signals and not “outer-space satellites.”
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 03:06:13 PM by inquisitive »

Offline Parallax

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 04:53:01 PM »
Eric Dubay
For the record, Eric Dubay is far from an authority on the subject. He has some interesting ideas, but he's also very insistent on interweaving them with extremist takes on history and on modern times. Not to mention his tendency to try to take over other Flat Earth groups under threat of decrying them as a conspiracy doesn't win him any points.

There is no central authority on Flat Earth Theory. Multiple groups exist, with some commonalities and some disagreements. We are at far too early stages of our advancement in society to bicker about who we'd like to be in charge. It doesn't help anyone.
His ideas are very well thought out and his book was an interesting read. Could you elaborate on conspiracy though? I've heard rumours but I'm a bit in the dark as to what you are implying.