Offline Niki4To

• View Profile
Reverse God rays?
« on: July 20, 2018, 04:15:39 PM »
When the parallel rays are coming from a sun that is behind the observer:

Re: Reverse God rays?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 04:25:46 PM »
Neat drawing. Can you explain a little more? What are you saying with this?

Offline Niki4To

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 04:39:32 PM »
I had no time to polish the sketch.

That's how I expect rays to be seen if the Sun is backside and far away. I can not see any images like that on internet. I googled it, but I can find only the most popular God rays. I can't recall having seen such rays myself either.

Can you google it too and show me some picture like the one I sketched? I tried various keywords in google.

I have near to me a high place over a flat terrain. I will have to go to that place some day when the weather is appropriate(I don't wanna climb for nothing).

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 05:07:25 PM »
I had no time to polish the sketch.

That's how I expect rays to be seen if the Sun is backside and far away. I can not see any images like that on internet. I googled it, but I can find only the most popular God rays. I can't recall having seen such rays myself either.

Can you google it too and show me some picture like the one I sketched? I tried various keywords in google.

I have near to me a high place over a flat terrain. I will have to go to that place some day when the weather is appropriate(I don't wanna climb for nothing).

I think I get it. The black star shape center-bottom is the sun. In this diagram, the sun is behind the Earth, so most of those rays you've drawn would have been blocked by the Earth. But the farthest one near the center of the diagram is pretty reasonable. At that point, the sun could be skimming behind the Earth and catching the clouds from beneath. Right? Image search commencing...

search for "anticrepuscular rays"... is this what you mean?

and a video:

Offline Niki4To

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 05:58:32 PM »
No, it isn't what I wanted to point out. (the black star is my helper to draw the perspective. It was white, but I made it black in order for people to not mistake it for the Sun, and I let it there for people to notice the perspective)

The first two images are not helping me, but the video is very helpful.

It shows the getting far from the observer God rays. Exactly that I searched for.
Thank you for the video. It solves my doubt. I guess I can't recall seeing such rays, because the popular rays are the most photographed ones(watching in direction of/toward the Sun). The reason I can recall such rays is because I was shown 99% of my life only the most popular version. Maybe even I myself always watched toward the sun searching for God rays.

By the way, if those rays in the video are both(the back side and front side) coming from the Sun(not one from the Moon and other from the Sun), this proves the Sun is far far away.

This video is very nice. It seems to me that the Sun is pretty far. Not like in the FE theory.

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 06:43:37 PM »
Cool! Glad I could help. Here's another... I don't like to link to Reds Rhetoric because he's so rude, but this is pretty amazing. Just mute it and watch:

Notice that the sun appears on the wingtip of the plane showing that we're looking away from the sun. The plane actually flies right through the rays. Really amazing.

Offline Niki4To

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 07:30:27 PM »
Great video!