Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: Flat earth and the space race
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2018, 09:15:32 PM »
...but is there anyone who can tell me more about a flat earth model that allows for space travel.

I stand by my dichotomous statement that an FEr must believe that the moon landing was a hoax. Perhaps not must, but an overwhelmingly high percentage. Out of everything I’ve watched and read, I have yet to find an FE Apollo believer. 

As for space travel in general, the vast majority of FE stuff I’ve seen is that no, it is not plausible; ISS is all CGI, underwater or in some sort of electromagnetic tube that simulates weightlessness on earth - Satellites are balloons or planes or just don’t exist - Rockets seen launched don’t go anywhere, they just plop down into the ocean, etc., All is faked in one manner or another.

So yes, DrVN, I too would very much like to hear from an FEr who:

Believes that the Apollo moon landings occurred
And/or
Believes space travel is real

And then explanations as to how they reconcile said beliefs with FE Theory.

I’m betting there will be no takers.

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2018, 09:21:09 PM »
... and, further to the above;

https://www.space.com/30841-tracking-down-thousands-of-lost-nasa-images.html

"What is the status of these photos? The negatives should still exist — most now reside at Archives II, a "Raiders of the Lost Ark"-like warehouse in College Park, Maryland. (The negatives of the most valuable manned-space images — the in-flight shots — are in cold storage in a special vault at the Johnson Space Center (JSC) in Houston; we have been inside!)

But significant collections of "on-the ground" photos are also maintained at JSC and the Kennedy Space Center (KSC) in Florida, both in negative and print formats. "

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2018, 08:53:29 AM »
...but is there anyone who can tell me more about a flat earth model that allows for space travel.

I stand by my dichotomous statement that an FEr must believe that the moon landing was a hoax. Perhaps not must, but an overwhelmingly high percentage. Out of everything I’ve watched and read, I have yet to find an FE Apollo believer. 

As for space travel in general, the vast majority of FE stuff I’ve seen is that no, it is not plausible; ISS is all CGI, underwater or in some sort of electromagnetic tube that simulates weightlessness on earth - Satellites are balloons or planes or just don’t exist - Rockets seen launched don’t go anywhere, they just plop down into the ocean, etc., All is faked in one manner or another.

So yes, DrVN, I too would very much like to hear from an FEr who:

Believes that the Apollo moon landings occurred
And/or
Believes space travel is real

And then explanations as to how they reconcile said beliefs with FE Theory.

I’m betting there will be no takers.
I literally have no idea how you would reconcile a mainstream view of space travel with belief in a flat earth. The whole premise of spaceflight is you need to get into an orbital path round a globe earth. If the earth is flat then sure, you could go up but you couldn't have a stable orbit.

While we're here, I never understand the "those are just composite images" FE argument because:
1) No they aren't, or certainly not all of them and
2) So what? A panorama photo you take on your phone or camera is a composite, the camera takes a load of images and stitches them together. That doesn't mean the end result doesn't represent what you see. You still need to be in space to take the images which are then composited.

I've mentioned "A Man On The Moon" bu Andrew Chaikin before. A brilliant book about the Apollo missions and Mercury and Gemini which preceded them. I defy anyone to read the level of detail in there and tell me it was all faked.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2018, 09:34:10 PM »
I just found the missing postings in the lower fora along with a childish, unwarranted insult from the moderator.

We did not ask for anyone to be doxxed. We asked to be show something from people who believe in flat earth and space travel.

How do we Pete didn't just make that up the same way you accuse NASA of making things up?

Not speaking for Pete, just my interpretation. He was responding to my anecdotal logic with his. Totally fair.

I would still like to hear from any FE/Moon Landing/Space Travel believers though. As I too can't find any anywhere else. I don't want to debate their belief, just curious what their logic may be.