Ghost of V

Re: ISIS and the Middle East
« Reply #500 on: September 06, 2014, 05:50:53 AM »
Are you referring to this?

Those so-called "innocent people" are not innocent as long as they subscribe to the teachings of the Qur'an that obligates me to paying the Jizya tax, converting, or dying. So fuck them.

I'm finding it hard to find differences between you and ISIS at this point.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #501 on: September 06, 2014, 05:56:22 AM »
No, the following:

QUOTE: "QUOTE: "Damn. 2 million people? No possible way Judaism could be wrong now.

Why don't such miracles and revelations happen in modern times? Has Yahweh abandoned us?"

I'm sorry! I forgot about that question. I shall try to answer it. Many people have asked themselves that. Why don't miracles of that nature occur today? Well, I can't say why they don't occur to non-Jews.

Here's the thing, Vauxhall. As a Jew, I know what God has commanded me, as a Jew, to do. I know what He has taught us, as our God, and we, as his People, to expect in our relationship with him. This not to say that I have direct telephone line to the Deity (boy, wouldn't that be nice). It is merely to say that the Jewish Bible contains within it all the revealed material that God has given to the People Israel. That material is what we NEED to know in order to please God, and to live up to our part of the Covenant. The Talmud and all that just explain the Bible. And God knows, the Talmud itself is 20 volumes long and takes up a HUGE amount of space on a bookshelf! And that is not the ONLY literature. There is so much that our Rabbis and other scholars have written trying to understand and probe and explain the Bible, and the Jewish Law, and Custom, and Jewish Life, and so-forth.

So why hasn't God caused miracles like that sort of thing to happen now? For us, the answer is simple: they are not necessary. As the Sages say: After Malachi, the Prophecy passed out of Israel. Now we live by what we have. We don't need more.

As for the non-Jews? I don't know. I don't know what God has taught them, or not taught them. I don't know what prophets or sages or wise ones he may have sent to them, although I expect that he did indeed send people. I am inclined to believe that men such as the Buddha, Mahavira, Gandhi, Confucius, and so-forth, were sent by God as Prophets to their own people, and that they taught them in ways that they could understand. But that is pure speculation on my part. I could be full of crap on that. I don't know.

I hope that answers your question. I apologise for not responding sooner." END QUOTE

Ghost of V

« Reply #502 on: September 06, 2014, 06:59:29 AM »
Firstly Yaakov, that was a different thread.

Secondly, it seems to me that now would be a perfect time for Yahweh to show His face again. The world is in need of one of His benevolent smites. There are radical Muslims in every country on God's great Earth, threatening war and slaughtering innocents (especially jn America, which is arguably the most important country) . They have strayed far from Yahweh's path, and I believe that showing Himself once more to the world would be hugely beneficial in bringing about world peace.

Could it be that Yahweh never really revealed Himself on Mt. Sinai? The Old Testament was written by man, and surely some of the desert-scribblings could be misinterpretations of Yahweh's great word. After all, there are no mentions of dinosaurs in the Old Testament when it seems obvious that there should be. I believe that Yahweh was just having a bad day that day and forgot to mention them, but others see it as a proof that the Book is not 100% accurate.

Do you believe that dinosaur's existed, Yaakov?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 07:04:05 AM by Vauxhall »

« Reply #503 on: September 06, 2014, 07:19:37 AM »
It's almost as if he's a troll just trying to provoke people by saying ridiculous things.

He may or may not be who he claims to be, and it doesn't matter. You don't need the superhuman observational powers of Saddamlock Holmessein to hypothesize that somebody who espouses extreme zionist views and chose the username "Yaakov ben Avraham" might be a fictional character. Maybe it's Oscar. Who cares? This place is full of fictional characters. Should we start ignoring our leader Tim Bishop? What about the most eminent living Flat Earth scientist of our generation? Characterization should only be ignored if it's genuinely disruptive, and the only example of that I can think of is EJ. Yaakov mostly stays in his own threads, and although his political views are anything but, his communication is mostly civil.

This isn't his thread and often has nothing to do with him, Israel, or Judaism. If I had mod powers, I'd have deleted all of his rubbish from this thread ages ago. Or moved it. I don't care whether he's a troll or not, this thread isn't about muslim bashing.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #504 on: September 06, 2014, 01:26:54 PM »
VINDICTUS, grow up, act your age, and quit being so whiny. Jesus, who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

VAUXHALL, of course dinosaurs existed. The story of Creation, while accurate in its own way, was NOT intended to be scientific. The first 11 chapters of Genesis (at least in my opinion, and in the opinion of many scholarly persons, both Jewish and Christian) can be taken as Pre-history, legendary material. Although some of it may be literally true, a lot of it is clearly legendary material that is similar to other stuff you find in narrative stories throughout the Middle East.

I know the Rabbis of Blessed Memory had a way to adjust for the existence of dinosaurs, but I'd have to look it up to find out what it was, and those books are still packed. However, there WAS an explanation given to explain how the dinosaurs did indeed exist before Adam and Eve existed. I'll see what I can find. I am feeling better, but now my wife is ill, and I must tend to her, and continue to care for my own self to make sure we both get totally well. But in between that, I will TRY to learn more about the matter.

And again, I don't know WHY God does or does NOT appear to non-Jews. I do have an idea why he no longer appears to us, as I explained. And who knows, maybe, just maybe, he will deem it appropriate to return the prophecy to Israel.

There is certainty that at some time in the future, things WILL happen that involve Israel and the Jews. The return of the Jews to Israel, the Coming of Messiah (no, not Jesus, or any other god), the rebuilding of the Temple, the Battle of Armageddon, the bringing about of World Peace, etc, all have been foretold in our Scriptures. It WILL happen. Its merely a question of when.

So in that sense, you can say that the prophecy WILL return to Israel. Its just a matter of when.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 07:01:38 PM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #505 on: September 06, 2014, 03:36:32 PM »
VINDICTUS, grow up, act your age, and quit being such a whiny little bastard. Jesus, who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

So civil.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 06, 2014, 04:52:24 PM »
I cannot believe a radical Jew stereotype troll is steamrolling each and every one of us. It is a sad time in FES.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #507 on: September 06, 2014, 07:06:52 PM »
Comment above moderated to reflect a more civilsed tone. SADDAM has a point.

QUOTE: "I cannot believe a radical Jew stereotype troll is steamrolling each and every one of us. It is a sad time in FES."

I'm not a troll, but IRUSH, if you consider this "steamrolling"  you really ARE a baby. Dear heavens, how did you ever survive college or grad school? One of my professors back in the day would have cleaned your clock. He was rough even on me. I mean, Dude, seriously, get some cajones, man!

« Reply #508 on: September 06, 2014, 09:02:11 PM »
I cannot believe a radical Jew stereotype troll is steamrolling each and every one of us. It is a sad time in FES.

I win because I got him to insult me.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 06, 2014, 09:20:57 PM »

Huh? You lose because you gave him the attention he wanted. Trolling 101: if someone replies, you've already won and your opponent has lost. The only way to stop a troll is to ignore them entirely. Victory is not in the method, it's in the result.

« Reply #510 on: September 06, 2014, 09:25:01 PM »

Huh? You lose because you gave him the attention he wanted. Trolling 101: if someone replies, you've already won and your opponent has lost. The only way to stop a troll is to ignore them entirely. Victory is not in the method, it's in the result.

I've not been responding to him, but talking about him as if he weren't here.

Ghost of V

« Reply #511 on: September 06, 2014, 09:25:35 PM »

Victory is making him say funny things.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 06, 2014, 09:29:55 PM »

That's attention, though. Any form of attention will do. As long as he knows his character trolling riles you up, it'll continue.

His very purpose is to say funny things.

« Reply #513 on: September 06, 2014, 09:31:20 PM »

That's attention, though. Any form of attention will do. As long as he knows his character trolling riles you up, it'll continue.

I'm not sure 1 or 2 comments every 20 pages is enough to count as getting troll'd.

Ghost of V

« Reply #514 on: September 06, 2014, 09:31:29 PM »

His very purpose is to say funny things.

In theory.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 06, 2014, 09:33:34 PM »
I'm not sure 1 or 2 comments every 20 pages is enough to count as getting troll'd.

Any acknowledgement at all is getting trolled, just to a lesser degree. If I had some sort of Richter scale of trolling you'd maybe be at around 0.8, but that is still a non-zero number.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #516 on: September 06, 2014, 11:09:01 PM »
God, look at you two! You'd think that I was torturing you both! Grow up already! Especially you, VINDICTUS. You are a whiny little ass. At least IRUSH has interesting things to say.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 07, 2014, 02:20:10 AM »
You know, I wonder where he got his name.  It's certainly weird looking to my American eyes.  Is it some kind of Hebrew or did he just randomly hit keys and call it a day?  What do you guys think?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Ghost of V

« Reply #518 on: September 07, 2014, 02:23:50 AM »
You know, I wonder where he got his name.  It's certainly weird looking to my American eyes.  Is it some kind of Hebrew or did he just randomly hit keys and call it a day?  What do you guys think?

I assume that he took Yaakov from Yakov Smirnoff. And the rest of it is just made up Jew sounding stuff.

There's a very small possibility that that is indeed his real name. Which would be stupid on many levels.

Other parts of his name could be a bastardization of Abraham ben Moses ben Maimo.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #519 on: September 07, 2014, 02:26:28 AM »
It's my Hebrew name. I won't tell you my secular name for obvious reasons.