Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
Re: ISIS and the Middle East
« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2014, 03:33:28 AM »
As far as not helping Israel, you are entitled to your opinion. But, they are our only true ally in the Middle East. Last time I checked, the US didn't fuck over friends.
You haven't studied American history, have you? 
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 22, 2014, 03:51:41 AM »
As far as not helping Israel, you are entitled to your opinion. But, they are our only true ally in the Middle East. Last time I checked, the US didn't fuck over friends.
You haven't studied American history, have you? 

lol france

Anyway, as far as news that actually matters is concerned, Obama just announced that we tried to save that reporter, but had bad intelligence as to where he was being kept, and has vowed justice. The article I read didn't clarify what 'justice' will entail, but I'd imagine we can expect further escalation of the conflict from 'Merica.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Thork

« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2014, 07:18:22 AM »

« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2014, 09:57:58 AM »
There was a news story yesterday about a couple of Brits who'd travelled to Syria to join ISIS. Before they left they'd bought Islam for Dummies and the Quran for Dummies. It turns out that ISIS recruits might not necessarily be the hardline fundamentalists we assume they are.

Thork

« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2014, 10:25:56 AM »
There was a news story yesterday about a couple of Brits who'd travelled to Syria to join ISIS. Before they left they'd bought Islam for Dummies and the Quran for Dummies. It turns out that ISIS recruits might not necessarily be the hardline fundamentalists we assume they are.
They aren't Brits. They are Arabs. I could get given a racehorse passport to run in the 15:25 at Cheltenham, but that doesn't make me a horse. They aren't British. They merely have a permit to live here regardless of how much the media and politicians want me to believe they are the same as me.

« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2014, 10:33:15 AM »
They aren't Brits. They are Arabs. I could get given a racehorse passport to run in the 15:25 at Cheltenham, but that doesn't make me a horse. They aren't British. They merely have a permit to live here regardless of how much the media and politicians want me to believe they are the same as me.

We're in the same situation. We've had Australian born and raised muslims going to fight for ISIS and in Syria. They're very much British, just as our citizens were Australian. They're just tremendous morons.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 22, 2014, 10:36:08 AM »
Doesn't mean anything.  An army needs soldiers though did the story say if they succeeded?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Thork

« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2014, 10:39:25 AM »

We're in the same situation. We've had Australian born and raised muslims going to fight for ISIS and in Syria. They're very much British, just as our citizens were Australian. They're just tremendous morons.
Nope. They are Arabs.

Quote from: Duke of Wellington
just because one was born in a stable doesn't make one a horse

« Reply #168 on: August 22, 2014, 10:45:20 AM »

Nope. They are Arabs.

Quote from: Duke of Wellington
just because one was born in a stable doesn't make one a horse

The only time I wouldn't consider them British/Australian is when they didn't have full citizenship, and were on a visa or some such before leaving to fight. In which case, I don't give a shit if they leave. They have no chance of returning then.

« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2014, 11:09:22 AM »
Doesn't mean anything.  An army needs soldiers though did the story say if they succeeded?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2684714/I-tell-I-m-going-jihad-Lol-I-ll-arrested-What-British-terrorist-Birmingham-told-childhood-friend-travelled-Syria-join-rebel-fighters.html

Fought for 8 months in Syria, arrested at Heathrow when they returned.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2014, 12:11:16 PM »
Ok, good point. America has been known to fuck over buddies. *GRIN* Can't deny that. In more recent years, we've done a pretty good job of standing by friends, even when they sometimes didn't deserve it. Hence the creation of this whole mess in the first place (meaning the radicalisation of the Mujahadeen).

QUOTE: "Let's look at the Middle East history when Israel stopped existing until it started to exist again and plot the radical groups and their actions."

You are asking for an impossible task. Israel last existed in 70 CE. Last I checked, there were no terrorists around them in 70 CE.

As for citations re: the truth of the Exodus, I was just reading about it recently, but I don't have said source with me. If that were the topic of our conversation, I would be more worried about providing it, but it is not. The difference between Jews and the Ten Plagues of Egypt and Muslims being told to STFU until being called upon is that we are actually members of the civilised world. They live, by choice I might add, in the Seventh Century, and therefore, should have no say in how the world conducts itself.

Incidentally, all this crap about taking their land is just that, crap. Jews in the Ottoman period migrating to "Palestine" generally bought land directly from absentee Turkish landlords, often at prices that were 2 or even 3 times what the market price should have  been. The felahin, the Arab workers of the land, could have bought those lands, and chose not to.

Furthermore, when Jews bought the land, it was with the understanding that the rights of the felahin currently living there would not be abridged. The fact that 750,000 Arabs fled Israel at the demand of Arab governments who then attacked Israel (after kicking out approximately the same number of Jews from their own lands) is hardly Israel's fault. She absorbed the 750,000 Jews that came from the Arab countries. Why the Arabs couldn't do the same with the "Palestinians" is beyond me.

Now they have a couple million of them. Israel clearly doesn't want them. What is obvious to me, and anyone who takes the time to look, is that NO ONE, not even other Arabs, wants them. They are classified as the filth of the Earth even by other Arabs. So there they sit. Egypt gave up the Gaza, Jordan gave up the West Bank. According to International Law, the citizens of each country SHOULD have been allowed to emigrate back into each country. They were not. Therefore, they became stateless. They did not suddenly create a new nationality.

Argue with me all you want. I don't much care what you have to say. The fact is, guess what? Israel is here to stay. You can bitch about it all you like, but its not going anywhere. WELCOME TO REAL LIFE!!!

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:32:25 PM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2014, 01:27:46 PM »
Thork, is John Walker Lindh an Arab?

Rama Set

« Reply #172 on: August 22, 2014, 01:38:46 PM »
Ok, good point. America has been known to fuck over buddies. *GRIN* Can't deny that. In more recent years, we've done a pretty good job of standing by friends, even when they sometimes didn't deserve it. Hence the creation of this whole mess in the first place (meaning the radicalisation of the Mujahadeen).

QUOTE: "Let's look at the Middle East history when Israel stopped existing until it started to exist again and plot the radical groups and their actions."

You are asking for an impossible task. Israel last existed in 70 CE. Last I checked, there were no terrorists around them in 70 CE.

As for citations re: the truth of the Exodus, I was just reading about it recently, but I don't have said source with me. If that were the topic of our conversation, I would be more worried about providing it, but it is not. The difference between Jews and the Ten Plagues of Egypt and Muslims being told to STFU until being called upon is that we are actually members of the civilised world. They live, by choice I might add, in the Seventh Century, and therefore, should have no say in how the world conducts itself.

Incidentally, all this crap about taking their land is just that, crap. Jews in the Ottoman period migrating to "Palestine" generally bought land directly from absentee Turkish landlords, often at prices that were 2 or even 3 times what the market price should have  been. The felahin, the Arab workers of the land, could have bought those lands, and chose not to.

Furthermore, when Jews bought the land, it was with the understanding that the rights of the felahin currently living there would not be abridged. The fact that 750,000 Arabs fled Israel at the demand of Arab governments who then attacked Israel (after kicking out approximately the same number of Jews from their own lands) is hardly Israel's fault. She absorbed the 750,000 Jews that came from the Arab countries. Why the Arabs couldn't do the same with the "Palestinians" is beyond me.

Now they have a couple million of them. Israel clearly doesn't want them. What is obvious to me, and anyone who takes the time to look, is that NO ONE, not even other Arabs, wants them. They are classified as the filth of the Earth even by other Arabs. So there they sit. Egypt gave up the Gaza, Jordan gave up the West Bank. According to International Law, the citizens of each country SHOULD have been allowed to emigrate back into each country. They were not. Therefore, they became stateless. They did not suddenly create a new nationality.

Argue with me all you want. I don't much care what you have to say. The fact is, guess what? Israel is here to stay. You can bitch about it all you like, but its not going anywhere. WELCOME TO REAL LIFE!!!

If you dont want to argue can you keep your mouth shut please?  Obviously everyone here thinks your ideas are idiotic and morally repugnant, so go elsewhere with your intolerant zionist shit. 

Thork

« Reply #173 on: August 22, 2014, 01:40:39 PM »
Thork, is John Walker Lindh an Arab?
No, he's an idiot.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2014, 01:48:02 PM »
Ooh, I'm hurt. "Intolerant Zionist shit". Except that even the UN (not that they are worth a shit, but even they are occasionally right) has withdrawn their statement that Zionism is racist. Grow up and act like an adult. You sound like a Third Grader on the playground. Shall I play my little violin a bit louder for you?

Rama Set

« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2014, 01:49:01 PM »
Ooh, I'm hurt. "Intolerant Zionist shit". Except that even the UN (not that they are worth a shit, but even they are occasionally right) has withdrawn their statement that Zionism is racist. Grow up and act like an adult. You sound like a Third Grader on the playground. Shall I play my little violin a bit louder for you?

No seriously now.  I thought you did not want to argue. 

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2014, 02:03:47 PM »
QUOTE: "Incidentally, all this crap about taking their land is just that, crap. Jews in the Ottoman period migrating to "Palestine" generally bought land directly from absentee Turkish landlords, often at prices that were 2 or even 3 times what the market price should have  been. The felahin, the Arab workers of the land, could have bought those lands, and chose not to.

Argue with me all you want. I don't much care what you have to say. The fact is, guess what? Israel is here to stay. You can bitch about it all you like, but its not going anywhere. WELCOME TO REAL LIFE!!!"

You want to argue, go ahead. Argue with that. Give me a point by point refutation of each point made in that portion of my post. Knock yourself out. Enjoy.

Fundamentally, you can't argue with me, because even if you were to successfully provide an argument against the above (which I don't think you can do, but feel free to try), I still have the Bible to go back to, that promises the Jewish People Eretz Israel as the Promised Land from God. You may reject that. You may reject belief in God. Feel free to do that. But there are enough Jews who believe in God and in that promise to keep fighting for the Land of Israel until Greater Israel belongs to us.

Human justification at that point no longer matters. The UN doesn't matter. Sure, we'll play the game, just as every other nation does, including the USA, and Britain. But lets face it. The UN is a joke. You know it. I know it. Israel will get what it wants despite the UN, not because of it.

Ultimately, "Palestinians" will have a choice. Leave the Land, or be subject to the punishment of Amalek. They will eventually leave, because they are not stupid. Even I know that. Although this matter will probably not be resolved until the coming of Messiah.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:08:15 PM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Rama Set

« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2014, 02:16:05 PM »
Although this matter will probably not be resolved until the coming of Messiah.

So it will never be resolved.  Too bad.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2014, 02:26:52 PM »
Well, that is certainly one way of looking at the matter!

Thork

« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2014, 02:27:08 PM »
Although this matter will probably not be resolved until the coming of Messiah.

So it will never be resolved.  Too bad.
I'm amazed that a race that habitually does well in IQ testing, has such backward ideas.