Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit!
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2016, 07:49:40 PM »
Dave... we've been over this several times.

Ikke svare på ham.

I was responding about him, not to him.  :P
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2016, 08:49:08 PM »
I have to disagree with you. The immigration is destroying Britain, especially since they are unvetted.
Thanks for making my point for me. Leaving the EU does nothing to immigration, and yet here you are rambling about it. It's exactly this sort of misinformation that placed us in this conundrum in the first place.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2016, 09:25:54 PM »

Immigration isn't destroying Britain, it's changing Britain and people are fearful of change. Like sexy says, bailing out of the EU will make little difference, the fruit and veg' growers are saying that without them we won't get the harvest as local don't want the work. The royal economic society says from 2004-2011 migrants from the EU added almost £5bn more to the economy than they received, of course there are problems but wrecking the pound doesn't seem a sane way of sorting it.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2016, 07:55:12 PM »
The economic panic that ensued after brexit has been close to completely erased. The pound is almost back to where it was pre-brexit. I knew the repercussions would be short term but I didn't think it'd only last two days. Wall Street's short memory has hit goldfish levels.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2016, 08:25:47 PM »
The economic panic that ensued after brexit has been close to completely erased. The pound is almost back to where it was pre-brexit. I knew the repercussions would be short term but I didn't think it'd only last two days. Wall Street's short memory has hit goldfish levels.

Uuuhhh...
http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=1W

Is it?

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2016, 08:48:46 PM »

Uuuhhh...

Is it?

The pound spiked just before brexit giving a false sense that the loss is greater. At 1.30-1.40 USD the pound is back on the trend line. The pound has been losing value ever since Britain joined the EU. Having it stay on an inflation trend isn't good, but it isn't any different from Remain winning.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 08:51:08 PM by Rushy »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2016, 10:13:40 PM »

Uuuhhh...

Is it?

The pound spiked just before brexit giving a false sense that the loss is greater. At 1.30-1.40 USD the pound is back on the trend line. The pound has been losing value ever since Britain joined the EU. Having it stay on an inflation trend isn't good, but it isn't any different from Remain winning.

It's still a little low but yeah, I see what you're saying.

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2016, 02:21:12 AM »
I think this video would shed some light on the Brexit.

Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

İntikam

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2016, 09:19:00 AM »
This is what seems from Turkey to UK.

British people voted the true.

United Europe idea actually depends on the mantality of "United States". If we will be strong like USA if we be a united states of Europe. But its not worked. The
nation-states did not disappeared, and one nation did not lead out.

This project is not worked except German's be lead the Europe and exploit others like colonial. on the other hand, dictator Erdoghan filling the Syrians to Europe and Ms Merkel strongly supporting this dictator. There is terrorism risk in everywhere on the Europe owing to Merkel's sympathy of dictatorship. Actually i don't understand how Germans choose this brainless woman as a leader but UK doesn't need to join this absurdity.

Congratulations to intelligent British.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 09:20:34 AM by İntikam »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2016, 10:29:12 AM »
It's been halted by the numerous suggestions that the referendum may simply be ignored or the result otherwise blocked. It's a lose-lose scenario, since shit will likely hit the fan again once one of the two cans of worms is reopened.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2016, 12:31:57 PM »
It's been halted by the numerous suggestions that the referendum may simply be ignored or the result otherwise blocked. It's a lose-lose scenario, since shit will likely hit the fan again once one of the two cans of worms is reopened.
Maybe they'll take a mulligan and have a referendum on the referendum
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2016, 06:27:13 PM »
Maybe they'll take a mulligan and have a referendum on the referendum
While this is still a very unlikely outcome, it does seem like pretty much everyone in charge is trying to pull something along those lines off.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2016, 09:51:44 PM »

I read a few headlines that said Parliament confirmed the referendum would be honored. If the next PM ignores the outcome all together, that would be extremely disturbing. A mockery of democracy.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2016, 09:56:22 PM »
They could hold a revote in 6 months.  Might be a very different outcome, given some of the reactions some who voted leave had.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 10:55:10 PM by Lord Dave »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2016, 10:17:09 PM »
They could hole a revote in 6 months.  Might be a very different outcome, given some of the reactions some who voted leave had.

You know I thought Levee was just being crazy Levee again when he claimed they'll just vote over and over again until remain wins.

I guess I'm the crazy one now, har har.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 10:18:41 PM by Rushy »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2016, 10:58:12 PM »
They could hole a revote in 6 months.  Might be a very different outcome, given some of the reactions some who voted leave had.

You know I thought Levee was just being crazy Levee again when he claimed they'll just vote over and over again until remain wins.

I guess I'm the crazy one now, har har.
Honestly, given what I've heard anecdotally about how some people reacted to their vote winning, (and from people I trust, not facebook) I really wouldn't be surprised if there is a call for it by alot of people who voted leave.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2016, 12:27:57 PM »
I read a few headlines that said Parliament confirmed the referendum would be honored. If the next PM ignores the outcome all together, that would be extremely disturbing. A mockery of democracy.
Parliament hasn't confirmed anything. It is the common opinion that the vote must be respected, but no one actually wants to go ahead and start putting it in motion. Legally, it needs to go to a vote*, which it hasn't yet, and the majority of MPs support Remain. I agree that it would be super-controversial if they blocked it, but it's very much a possibility. That's what I meant by "two cans of worms" - either we fuck ourselves up by actually going the Brexit route, or we fuck ourselves up by going the Remain route and dealing with the unrest that follows.

If the next PM is Theresa May, as is looking more and more likely, I wouldn't be surprised if she deferred the issue by calling a general election - in which case it would all be up in the air. The Liberal Democrats (not a party many take seriously these days, but still one of the bigger parties out there) have already pledged to ignore the referendum result if they happened to win. If Jeremy Corbyn is ousted, it's not entirely unlikely that Labour might do the same.

* - that claim is disputed, but the majority of experts seem to agree. Then again, this country has had enough of experts!!1!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 12:30:02 PM by SexWarrior »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2016, 09:31:33 AM »
Meanwhile, Nigel Farage joins the Brexiteers' exit from mainstream politics. Literally none of them want to touch the shit they've created.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36702468

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2016, 02:37:47 PM »
Whenever the next election is, almost every leader will be new. The Conservatives, the Lib Dems, the Greens, and now UKIP have all seen their leaders stand down, it's looking increasingly likely that Labour will go the same way. If Scotland leaves, and Ulster goes back to Eire then the only major party with the same leader will be Plaid Cymru.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2016, 01:14:57 PM »
And now the OnePlus 3's price is about to go up by £20 to reflect the plummeting value of the pound. This is what happens when we let backwater Northerners and Thork make the decisions.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 01:46:44 PM by SexWarrior »