Thork

World War 3
« on: August 31, 2014, 09:17:43 PM »
Our illustrious leaders are busy making it happen.

They have created unrest in the Ukraine and promised them EU membership and now NATO membership. And they are outraged that Russia might have a problem with US airfields and missile platforms on their doorstep.

They have given Ukraine their full support, at which point Ukraine has turned around to Russia and told them they are at a point of no return and must now engage in War with Europe. Thanks Ukraine. Glad to have you. ::)

Somewhat disappointed at the numbers of Romanians who immigrated after EU admission, it seems the best way to get millions in one go is to add a country to the EU and then put it into a war with Russia, ensuring everyone leaves in about 10 minutes.

This is a fairly shit state of affairs if you happen to be a working class person in the UK. You now face more pressure on house prices, lower wages, more unemployment and the grim spectre of conscription ... especially if you find yourself unemployed the day Van Rompuy declares war on Russia. Will there be help from the USA? No, they have decided to generate more debt for American people instead, by providing all the weapons for Ukraine.

And the justification for all this? Russian tanks have been spotted in a part of the former Soviet Union. I don't give a f*ck! This is not our problem!  >o<
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 09:19:18 PM by Thork »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: World War 3
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 09:26:56 PM »
Actually Russia invading its bordering nations is very much the EU's problem. Last time a country invaded a border nation, it was Germany taking over the Sudetenland, which if you recall correctly was met with "eh, not our problem, just let them have it." And once again recalling the results of that diplomatic bargain, it didn't work out too well. Appeasing Russia is likely not to work, therefore conventional warfare is the primary option. Just letting them have Ukraine will only end up giving them a stronger military position as Ukraine has an economy that produces something other than raw resources (Russia's only economic output).

Furthermore, NATO has said they will take Ukraine's proposal under consideration, but they have never said "yeah we accept, welcome to NATO, friends!"

« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 09:28:33 PM by Irushwithscvs »

Thork

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 09:33:54 PM »
They can have Ukraine. They can have every country on mainland Europe. I don't care. They can run Britain if they promise to do a better job than the self serving arseholes we have right now. If they'd only promise to repatriate all of the immigrants from the last 20 years, I'd happily learn the Russian national anthem.

What I see no point in, is the UK becoming broke from a war for the next 30 years, millions dead, and all because the US wants to poke a finger into Russia. Just tell Ukraine they can't be in the EU after all, and we save all these problems. Because the Ukraine isn't our problem. Its the Ukraine's problem.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 09:40:33 PM »
Oh, right. I forgot the mere fact that I was responding you, Thork, and assumed I may receive some semblance of a sane response.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 09:42:51 PM »
I love how Thork's first concern is always money.

Thork

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 09:43:36 PM »
I think it somewhat ridiculous to plunge 1 Billion people into a post-nuclear era war for the sake of some broke former soviet crap hole.

Thork

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 09:44:12 PM »
I love how Thork's first concern is always money.
Money is the reason for every war. War is always about money.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 09:46:18 PM »
Money is the reason for every war. War is always about money.

Not really, no. The only people who think war is about money are people who have never actually picked up a history book and mostly concern themselves with conspiracy theories.

Oh wait, Thork, that's you!

Thork

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 09:52:44 PM »
The only people who think war is about money are people who have never actually picked up a history book and mostly concern themselves with conspiracy theories.

Quote from: General Smedley D Butler
WAR is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

Do you think this General knows less about war than you?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 09:56:27 PM »
WAR is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

I think you're twisting his words. That quote never implies war exists solely for the pursuit of profits, but simply states that war is profitable. War is ultimately political, not economic.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 09:59:08 PM by Irushwithscvs »

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 10:09:29 PM »
lol. Nuclear weapons won't be used unless shit gets really crazy. The whole reason they exist is so they don't get used.

Offline Lemon

• Lime
    • View Profile
    • Disco
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 10:11:59 PM »
This is idiotic. Russia creeping closer to the E.U. is definitely something of concern. Our precious buffer state is being attacked and it is most certainly our concern.
NOTHING TO SEE HERE. IGNORE RAMA SET.

Thork

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 10:12:21 PM »

I think you're twisting his words. That quote never implies war exists solely for the pursuit of profits, but simply states that war is profitable. War is ultimately political, not economic.

Quote from: George Orwell 1984
War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it. 

Am also twisting the words of the greatest political philosopher of the 20th century?

lol. Nuclear weapons won't be used unless shit gets really crazy. The whole reason they exist is so they don't get used.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 10:18:37 PM »
War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it. 

Am also twisting the words of the greatest political philosopher of the 20th century?

Considering George Orwell thought war was never profitable, simply that people think it is, yes, you are once again twisting his words and taking them out of greater context. You've now posted two people who had completely different takes on war. Which one do you agree with, Thork? I'm confused.

Are you just hitting a quote generator until it spits something relevant out?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 10:21:51 PM »
Thork, look at Russia's economy then compare it to the UK's economy and tell me which one is better.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Thork

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 10:28:28 PM »
George Orwell thought war was never profitable, simply that people think it is
I don't suppose you have a shred of evidence to back that up, do you?

Are you just hitting a quote generator until it spits something relevant out?
Being as I am a nutbar conspiracy theorist, it won't shock you to know I read a lot in these subject areas. That is why I know more than you and you always come away from these debates looking silly.

Thork, look at Russia's economy then compare it to the UK's economy and tell me which one is better.
Would you like me to compare apples and pears whilst I am at it?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 10:30:49 PM by Thork »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 10:36:45 PM »
Are you suggesting that the economy of a nation is fixed and unchangable and that leadership and laws have nothing to do with it?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 10:39:14 PM »
The best way of punishing Russia is to forget about the sanctions and take the 2018 World Cup away from them and give it to England. That'll teach Putin not to mess with Europe!

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 10:40:51 PM »
I don't suppose you have a shred of evidence to back that up, do you?

Being as I am a nutbar conspiracy theorist, it won't shock you to know I read a lot in these subject areas. That is why I know more than you and you always come away from these debates looking silly.

You know a lot of garbage, that's for sure.

Do you honestly think Russia is in any way, shape, or form capable of managing an economy that does more than pump natural gas out of the ground? History easily tells us that letting Russia near your finances is a one way ticket to economic collapse.

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 10:41:18 PM »
Japan didn't have nukes, and was in total war with the US.