Offline gizmo910

• Si vis pacem, para bellum
    • View Profile
Korabl-Sputnik I aka "Sputnik IV"
« on: October 02, 2017, 01:14:01 PM »
The Soviets launched a rocket carrying the satellite Korabl-Sputnik I (K-S1) in Baikonur, Kazakhstan in May 1960, a mission planned to last for 4 days.
The reentry rockets failed, causing it to descend in an uncontrolled reentry.
K-S1 eventually crash landed in Manitowoc, Wisconsin in September 1962, nearly 6000 miles away.

How is it that a launch in 1960 in Baikonur (45N,63E) caused a Soviet satellite (K-S1) to crash in 1962 in Manitowoc (44N,87W) if we've never been to space?
Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

;)

Offline Rekt

• View Profile
Re: Korabl-Sputnik I aka "Sputnik IV"
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 11:38:53 PM »
Situations such as this are what we need as proof of space exploration. If the Soviets had launched that rocket on a ballistic trajectory, American missile forces would have gone nuts and launched every nuke in our arsenal. However, something about the trajectory of the rocket made us think that it was not an attack, even when a piece crashed in Wisconsin! Unless the USSR and USA are cooperating at the height of the Cold War all in the name of the so called "conspiracy", then there is no explanation for this event other than that Korbal-Sputnik went to orbit.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 01:36:46 AM »
The Soviets launched a rocket carrying the satellite Korabl-Sputnik I (K-S1) in Baikonur, Kazakhstan in May 1960, a mission planned to last for 4 days.
K-S1 eventually crash landed in Manitowoc, Wisconsin in September 1962, nearly 6000 miles away.

How is it that a launch in 1960 in Baikonur (45N,63E) caused a Soviet satellite (K-S1) to crash in 1962 in Manitowoc (44N,87W) if we've never been to space?

If you do a little research you will find both the US via operation Fishbowl had numerous nuclear assaults on the dome in 1962 with the Russians, who has no less than 78 confirmed for that year. Within a couples nights of Sept 4th 1962 ie Manitowoc Wisc., Russia admits to releasing upwards of 0-80KT bombs. Maybe one of their balloons got away? What goes up..

Both Governments were claiming to be knocking satellites out of the sky but I believe it would just be Nuke debris that was coming down which gave them a good excuse to "don't touch, radioactive"
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 02:14:56 AM »

If you do a little research you will find both the US via operation Fishbowl had numerous nuclear assaults on the dome in 1962 with the Russians, who has no less than 78 confirmed for that year. Within a couples nights of Sept 4th 1962 ie Manitowoc Wisc., Russia admits to releasing upwards of 0-80KT bombs. Maybe one of their balloons got away? What goes up..

Both Governments were claiming to be knocking satellites out of the sky but I believe it would just be Nuke debris that was coming down which gave them a good excuse to "don't touch, radioactive"

You are showing substantial ignorance on this topic. There is no dome. The US and Soviet Union tested nukes in space for sure. It wasn't to assault some magical dome. What would the purpose of that be? The tests were conducted to determine the effects of nuclear detonations in space, particularly on US ICBMs. The US was worried at the time that the Soviets could take out our warheads in space. Facts, such pesky things.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline gizmo910

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 02:32:46 AM »

Operation Fishbowl aside, people witnessed both the launch in Baikonur in 1960, as well as the (non-radioactive) satellite crash in Wisconsin 2 years later in 1962.

Operation Fishbowl was performed in the Pacific ocean, thousands of miles away from Wisconsin, so unless the earth had rotated Wisconsin in the path of the debris falling in the Pacific, I don't see how even a rocket launched from Hawaii (really the Johnston Atoll) exploding at high altitudes would send a 20 pound piece of (non-radioactive) debris to Manitowoc, Wisconsin roughly 5000 miles away. Not to mention the Russian markings on the debris.

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”

;)

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 02:44:26 AM »

You are showing substantial ignorance on this topic. There is no dome. The US and Soviet Union tested nukes in space for sure. It wasn't to assault some magical dome. What would the purpose of that be? The tests were conducted to determine the effects of nuclear detonations in space, particularly on US ICBMs. The US was worried at the time that the Soviets could take out our warheads in space. Facts, such pesky things.

Come on stink lets get real here. Japan we dropped 15 kilotons, Russia was blasting the dome with 20,000 kilotons, that we know of 20 mt. TSAR lite up 50 MT.

ICBM's didn't stand a chance with anything like those going off.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 02:54:04 AM »

Operation Fishbowl aside, people witnessed both the launch in Baikonur in 1960, as well as the (non-radioactive) satellite crash in Wisconsin 2 years later in 1962.

Operation Fishbowl was performed in the Pacific ocean, thousands of miles away from Wisconsin, so unless the earth had rotated Wisconsin in the path of the debris falling in the Pacific, I don't see how even a rocket launched from Hawaii (really the Johnston Atoll) exploding at high altitudes would send a 20 pound piece of (non-radioactive) debris to Manitowoc, Wisconsin roughly 5000 miles away. Not to mention the Russian markings on the debris.

You don't know where Russia launched their balloons from. Not all carried radioactive explosives. They could have been launch off submarines and caught the jet stream outta control. These were tests, they all don't go perfect. Laika was a toasty critter.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 02:58:17 AM »

Come on stink lets get real here. Japan we dropped 15 kilotons, Russia was blasting the dome with 20,000 kilotons, that we know of 20 mt. TSAR lite up 50 MT.

ICBM's didn't stand a chance with anything like those going off.

I think the largest in-space detonation was 5mt by the US. It caused all kinds of EMP-related problems. Tsar Bomba was not missile mountable. It was too large. The bomber that carried it had to be specially modified. No magic dome assault, no matter what some random Youtube video claims.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 03:23:06 AM »
You may be right on the 5 mt stinker but the secret video says we should expect 10 MT from the Soviets. And we all know we underestimated their power and knowledge. I have no doubt they could do 100 MT but after TSAR too dangerous.

So I stand by my thinking icbm's would be devastating and Russia had all the power they needed to knock ours out if need be.

Offline gizmo910

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 03:34:02 AM »
How does all of this translate to the Russian debris ending up in Wisconsin without anyone witnessing anything?
Can we stay on topic, instead of running off on a tangent about the US and USSR saber-rattling?

;)

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 04:05:53 AM »
How does all of this translate to the Russian debris ending up in Wisconsin without anyone witnessing anything?
Can we stay on topic, instead of running off on a tangent about the US and USSR saber-rattling?

You know all the museums with fake bigfoots?

How do you know the space junk is from sputniker? You don't.

So there you win, the satellite zoomed around above the dome for 2 years, then entered back thru the hole it made leaving for space and fell to earth in wisc.  Ya happy now? NIGHT

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 04:26:19 AM »

So there you win, the satellite zoomed around above the dome for 2 years, then entered back thru the hole it made leaving for space and fell to earth in wisc.  Ya happy now? NIGHT

The satellite zoomed around for two years? Thought you didn't believe in satellites.

How does one zoom around the dome, you know, while it's universally accelerating and all.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2017, 01:21:44 PM »

The satellite zoomed around for two years? Thought you didn't believe in satellites.

How does one zoom around the dome, you know, while it's universally accelerating and all.

I vote we stop talking to J-man unless he's on-topic.

Also use the "Report to moderator" button (it's the grey "!" symbol to the left of the QUOTE button) when he goes too far off the rails.

The official TFES position is that there is no dome.

If there is a dome, then the stars and moon are (presumably) beneath it - and because you can clearly see the ISS going in front of the moon sometimes (you don't even need binoculars or a telescope) - it must be lower in altitude than the moon - and therefore *much* lower than J-man's "dome".

In fact, since the stars are the furthest thing we can see - and the dome is still further away - it doesn't change a thing.   Hence we don't have to care about the stupid dome.   It does not add to the discussion in any way.   If you imagine the standard TFES flat earth with and without a dome - it doesn't make any difference at all to any of the arguments.

OK - can we stop talking about the dumb old dome for a while?

The physical evidence of the KS-3 impact is complicated.   A piece of debris weighing about 20lbs smacked into the middle of a road in Manitowoc county.  They dug it up and sent it to the Smithsonian institute.   They talked to NASA and everyone suddenly recalled that there is an international treaty about this stuff.   That treaty says that you give the debris back to the country that launched it - and they pay for damages.

Nobody particularly cared about the cost of repairing the road - but the USA was legally required to give the debris back to the Russians.   They did so - and the Russians didn't particularly want it back.   It was sent back to them anyway.   Before they shipped it off, two replicas of the original debris were made (god knows why!) - one copy was sent to the leading Republican senator for Wisconsin - the other to the leading Democrat.   Neither of them really wanted an ugly 20lb lump of metal - so they gave them away.   What you see in the art gallery next to where the hole in the road was repaired is one of the replicas - the other ended up someplace else...I forget where for the moment.

Anyway - if you visit the site of the impact today - you see a brass ring set into the road where the satellite debris impacted,  a little stone monument that says what this is by the side of the road - and a fake piece of Korably-Sputnik I in the museum nearby.

There are PLENTY of other bits of space junk that have fallen back to Earth...so it's hard to claim that satellites don't exist...added to which YOU CAN SEE THEM.  Outer Space is just 60 miles above your head and satellites often orbit at just 100 miles.  You can easily see light glinting off a shiny metal thing the size of a schoolbus from 60 miles away against a dark sky.    Just find one of the many websites that'll tell you when and where to look and USE YOUR EYES.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2017, 04:10:43 PM »
Understood, I do ignore him most of the time since his posts are devoid of anything useful. But once in a while, I can't resist.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2017, 04:43:15 PM »
Understood, I do ignore him most of the time since his posts are devoid of anything useful. But once in a while, I can't resist.

Agree, what this place is missing is a block button, unless it has one.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?