Whats the point of the government lying?
« on: October 13, 2017, 10:12:11 AM »
OK i'm a bit confused here. Why would the government spend so much money to lie about the shape of the earth? Why would they make up so many scientific studies? it just makes no sense a all. if somebody could answer this with a crap ton of logic i'll really consider the earth being flat.

Also how do earthquakes happen on a flat earth?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:18:49 AM by FlatChestSocietyoo »

devils advocate

Re: Whats the point of the government lying?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 10:50:52 AM »
If the government admitted that they had faked all space programmes it would make them look bad I guess, Flat earth thinks all space exploration is faked, the reason NASA gave us round images of earth is because that what we expected to see. Plus governments get so used to lying it becomes part of their nature, they probably couldn't honestly tell you what they had for breakfast.

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 01:03:03 PM »
Governments out to get us

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 03:24:46 PM »
If the government admitted that they had faked all space programmes it would make them look bad I guess, Flat earth thinks all space exploration is faked, the reason NASA gave us round images of earth is because that what we expected to see. Plus governments get so used to lying it becomes part of their nature, they probably couldn't honestly tell you what they had for breakfast.

The problem with this theory is that the flaws in the Flat Earth hypothesis would have been VERY obvious to the captains and navigators of square-rigged ships going back to at least the 1600's.   They'd have known for sure if the real world didn't fit the RE maps they were given.

Yet there is not a single example of a book on celestial/compass navigation from any time in those last 400 years that mentions the problem.

If the Earth is indeed flat - then those navigators, captains and cartographers would have HAD to know about it...for 100% sure.

So it could only be that they had some kind of duplicate set of navigation charts and manuals that told them how to get around in the flat earth - and yet not one single copy of any of those things has ever been found.

This monumental, 400 year conspiracy would DWARF anything that NASA would need to hide.

You might argue that governments of the time might want to hide this fact (WHY?!) - but that's not enough.  We know that civilizations like China and the Arabian countries of the time were also sailing long distances using celestial navigation.   Even before we contacted them, they were using round earth navigation techniques.

But yet more than that - what about the Pirates?   They too sailed long distances using compass and stars to navigate, they had no great love of governments - yet not one of their books (of which there are many) ever refers to having to know the secret art of flat-earth navigation.

When you look back into history - the conspiracy would have to be impossibly wide/deep.

Claiming that NASA are responsible would be merely touching the tip of the iceberg of this conspiracy.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

devils advocate

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 06:36:34 PM »
And when governments change they would have to keep the lie going, when you American folk decided to split up from us Brits and form your own, independent government the conspiracists must believe that they decided to keep the falllasy going in their new world. Crazy.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 07:35:49 PM »
And when governments change they would have to keep the lie going, when you American folk decided to split up from us Brits and form your own, independent government the conspiracists must believe that they decided to keep the falllasy going in their new world. Crazy.

For me, the idea that the Pirates (who did a LOT of sailing using compass and stars) would preserve the secret in their ultra-open, ultra-democratic, anti-government society seems the most astoundingly unlikely thing.

But the idea that the Chinese were sailing long distances LONG before the Europeans met them means that they'd have to come up with the idea of "hiding the true nature of the flat earth" independently of the European sea faring nations.   It's REALLY hard to imagine two completely separate cultures both deciding to do the same thing.

The whole conspiracy thing is really just crazy...it makes no rational sense whatever.

If it were *JUST* NASA and the conspiracy only had to be maintained for (say) a decade - then maybe...but for there to be a world-wide conspiracy lasting over 400 years.   Nah...not possible.

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?