pegasus

Great hollywood blockbuster movie potential
« on: August 10, 2017, 07:28:45 PM »
I must say, this flat earth uprising, rebellion that you people of the "society" are braving against all odds has a huge potential for a blockbuster movie. I have a scenario in mind and am thinking serious thoughts as to if I should sit down (or perhaps stand up) and write it. What do you guys think?

Oh and BTW, I've read that some flatters are now raising money to go to the ice wall. They will need this and that and so much money to be able go to the south pole, etc, they're saying. The question is WHY GO TO THE SOUTH POLE? Just set sail westwards from sunny california, always keeping west. The "ice wall" should come up eventually, no? And have a smartphone on hand. And snap a couple of shots of the wall (or China?) when it pops up from the horizon.

That's how my movie would start really.

Peace.

geckothegeek

Re: Great hollywood blockbuster movie potential
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 10:53:23 PM »
I must say, this flat earth uprising, rebellion that you people of the "society" are braving against all odds has a huge potential for a blockbuster movie. I have a scenario in mind and am thinking serious thoughts as to if I should sit down (or perhaps stand up) and write it. What do you guys think?

Oh and BTW, I've read that some flatters are now raising money to go to the ice wall. They will need this and that and so much money to be able go to the south pole, etc, they're saying. The question is WHY GO TO THE SOUTH POLE? Just set sail westwards from sunny california, always keeping west. The "ice wall" should come up eventually, no? And have a smartphone on hand. And snap a couple of shots of the wall (or China?) when it pops up from the horizon.

That's how my movie would start really.

Peace.

I see a problem. Since the earth is flat you wouldn't see things that just "pop up from the horizon" . You wouldn't see a horizon. They would always be out there but you couldn't see them because they would be so far away that they would be obscured by the thickness of the "atmoplane" and "Rowbotham's laws of perspective."

BTW. Some flat earthers say there is no flat earth map. How are you going to navigate to get to the ice wall ?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:02:45 PM by geckothegeek »

pegasus

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 11:16:15 PM »
"I see a problem."

Me too.

"Since the earth is flat you wouldn't see things that just "pop up from the horizon" ."

Ok. Can they fade in?

"atmoplane"

Good one.

"BTW. Some flat earthers say there is no flat earth map."

So to keep the FET afloat, flatters deny the FET map? This has to be a medical condition, and it has to have a name.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:20:29 PM by pegasus »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 12:07:40 AM »
So to keep the FET afloat, flatters deny the FET map? This has to be a medical condition, and it has to have a name.

Who actually put research into charting a Flat Earth map?

geckothegeek

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 04:41:16 AM »

Good question.........Who ?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 04:46:05 AM »

Good question.........Who ?

No one. The maps are actually projection types of a globe, which have names and are found on the internet, used only to showcase a certain concept like navigation or dual poles and nothing more.

pegasus

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 08:40:30 AM »

[/quote]

Good question. No one. It would be like investigating human underwater breathing techniques, or somesuch, unfortunately. I would venture to speculate that if someone would have set out to chart a FE map, there would be a similar problem for him. Since we have some VERIFIABLE distances at work in the southern hemisphere (Australia, southafrica, south america) that are just impossible to reconcile onto a flat earth map or theory, as it currently stands. Which is a shame. I would have loved it if the FET was to be valid. You see, I also don't like it that the whole of humanity; past, present and future, is just a meaningless sub-subatomic spec of near to nothingness considering the size and timespan of the universe. It's a shame.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 03:03:36 PM »

Actually, we are working on that right now in the debate thread about airline distances.  You should help.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

geckothegeek

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 07:49:17 PM »
"I see a problem."

Me too.

"Since the earth is flat you wouldn't see things that just "pop up from the horizon" ."

Ok. Can they fade in?

"atmoplane"

Good one.

"BTW. Some flat earthers say there is no flat earth map."

According to some flat earthers , they DO "fade in and out."

My question was just.:
What is the diameter of the flat earth and the circumference of the ice ring ?

Don't ask ME to look it up.
That's YOUR job.
Shouldn't be too hard a task for an experienced flat earther.
"Just the facts, ma'am."

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 09:45:45 PM »
I have a scenario in mind

First thoughts on this,

An epic opening scene with a lone Flat Earther cutting and pasting clips for youtube vids.
Scene quickly switches to a uni student in his dorm replying  "Bunch of garbage, go kill yourself"
Next riviting half hour, a back and forward forum exchange complete with cheese on toast break.
Some parts could be filmed in black and white to create a film noir effect (and cause its cheaper)

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline Merkava

• Masterdebater
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 04:11:31 AM »

Dude, if I ever find out you where kidding the whole time I'll buy you a years supply of beer.  Your posts kill, it's seriously better than comedy central.
Is it really too much effort to visualize in your head a light rolling around the middle of a plate isn't going to be "east" or "west" of anything it touches EVER?

Offline Merkava

• Masterdebater
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 04:17:25 AM »
So....
In the final scene....
Our hero's have found their way onto the next fake NASA launch.  It's takes off and travels higher and higher until...!....!....!

They see the Spherical Planet Earth and in a tearful embrace exclaim....  I ALWAYS NEW IT WAS FLAT.....ME TOO......I LOVE YOU>>>>  fade to black......

Discus>
Is it really too much effort to visualize in your head a light rolling around the middle of a plate isn't going to be "east" or "west" of anything it touches EVER?