Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
Re: How can we debunk this theory?
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2017, 10:00:57 PM »
This is incorrect. There are several questions you back away from and cannot explain. For instance, the full moon should be impossible on a Round Earth, but the topic is generally avoided and excuses are given when brought up.
Really? **REALLY*!?!?   You're still claiming that to be true?

Wow!

The problem is that the diagrams in that Wiki pages are *WAY* off-scale and they don't allow for the fact that the moon's orbit around the earth is not parallel to the plane of the ecliptic.

This one is drawn EXACTLY to scale (I just drew it) - except that the Sun (that ENORMOUS orange blob off to the left) should be maybe 600 feet off to the left of your computer screen.

The Earth (red dot), Moon (black dot) and the distance between them are drawn accurately to scale:

Also in this picture - the horizontal orange line is the "plane of the ecliptic" - it's the line from the center of the Earth to the center of the sun.

The pink sloping line is the plane of the Moon's orbit - which is tilted at an angle of 5.145 degrees to the ecliptic in RET and in my diagram.

Now - tell me again why the moon can't be fully illuminated?   At the upper extreme of it's orbit - when it's furthest away from the sun, you can CLEARLY see that the Earth cannot possibly cast a shadow onto the moon - or block the sunlight in any way.

So - please be a good chap and fix the nonsense on your Wiki - truly, it doesn't make you look good when you falsify information so blatently to prove your point.   Any schoolkid could debunk that load of old nonsense.

Thanks.

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2017, 10:12:41 PM »
This is incorrect. There are several questions you back away from and cannot explain. For instance, the full moon should be impossible on a Round Earth, but the topic is generally avoided and excuses are given when brought up.

Wow!

The problem is that the diagrams in that Wiki pages are *WAY* off-scale and they don't allow for the fact that the moon's orbit around the earth is not parallel to the plane of the ecliptic.

This one is drawn EXACTLY to scale (I just drew it) - except that the Sun (that ENORMOUS orange blob off to the left) should be maybe 600 feet off to the left of your computer screen.

The Earth (red dot), Moon (black dot) and the distance between them are drawn accurately to scale:

https://renaissanceinnovations.com/TFES_eclipse.png

Also in this picture - the horizontal orange line is the "plane of the ecliptic" - it's the line from the center of the Earth to the center of the sun.

The pink sloping line is the plane of the Moon's orbit - which is tilted at an angle of 5.145 degrees to the ecliptic in RET and in my diagram.

Now - tell me again why the moon can't be fully illuminated?   At the upper extreme of it's orbit - when it's furthest away from the sun, you can CLEARLY see that the Earth cannot possibly cast a shadow onto the moon - or block the sunlight in any way.

So - please be a good chap and fix the nonsense on your Wiki - truly, it doesn't make you look good when you falsify information so blatently to prove your point.   Any schoolkid could debunk that load of old nonsense.

Thanks.

As implied in the link, it should be impossible to see a full moon, or anything approaching a full moon, in the sky during the day. I have made a new thread which simplifies the argument: http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=6686.0

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2017, 10:25:29 PM »

Wow!

Thanks.

As implied in the link, it should be impossible to see a full moon, or anything approaching a full moon, in the sky during the day. I have made a new thread which simplifies the argument: http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=6686.0
See problems with your diagram.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2017, 10:45:12 PM »

Wow!

Thanks.

See problems with your diagram.

Your query has been responded to. Please discuss in the thread dedicated to it rather than here.

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2017, 11:09:23 PM »

Wow!

Thanks.

So, just going to ignore all points made up about your original claim here and redirect to something else? >.> Ok, guess we go take a look.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2017, 01:23:03 AM »

Wow!

Thanks.

So, just going to ignore all points made up about your original claim here and redirect to something else? >.> Ok, guess we go take a look.

It's OK - I'll just re-post my drawing there too.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline Merkava

• Masterdebater
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2017, 02:08:21 AM »
Religion implies super natural in most definitions

The people who believe in God don't think that their beliefs are "super natural" or "para-normal. They would describe it as very natural and normal. Those people outnumber you. Therefore the burden of proof is to prove them wrong. You cannot simply redefine their beliefs.

No one on our side would back away from explaining in detail as best they were able ANY "If the Earth is round then how come X......?"

I am one of those people, so no, I'm not outnumbered.  As were most of the greatest minds humanity has ever produced.  (Einstein, Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, many many more.

“Everyone who is seriously committed to the cultivation of science becomes convinced that in all the laws of the universe is manifest a spirit vastly superior to man, and to which we with our powers must feel humble.” Another famous quote of his was “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”
Albert Einstein

I was simply referring to the dictionary definition.  God is most certainly "supernatural" and no knowledgeable believer in at least Christianity and Judaism is going to say different.  I know you don't read and think seriously about anything we post, but I've said it 3 times now.  The creator of the universe would, by definition, be outside the influence of what he created.  Furthermore, I believe your problem here is your definition of religion is believing in something everyone knows isn't true.

Also, I, as a believer, don't have to disprove a dam thing to you. (As you've you spent most of this thread asserting in order to avoid any effort on your part)

As for a full moon being impossible and us running away....
I realize you have a unhealthy obsession with everything being flat, apparently your even projecting it into space.  It may come as a complete shock but the orbits of the planets and other objects in the universe are not....wait for it.... FLAT  Dun dun dun
http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/why-isnt-there-an-eclipse-every-full-moon

« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 02:30:52 AM by Merkava »
Is it really too much effort to visualize in your head a light rolling around the middle of a plate isn't going to be "east" or "west" of anything it touches EVER?

Offline Merkava

• Masterdebater
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2017, 03:20:49 AM »

There you go, nice paint picture.  What do you know, I put your horizon lines, put them on your moon phases picture and Shazam!  In the morning and evening you can see a very illuminated moon, who knew?  Oh yeah, everyone.

I also checked your date, the moon phase was Waxing gibbous - Visible: 93%
https://www.calendar-12.com/moon_calendar/2017/april

But, SUPER JOB AVOIDING EASILY VERIFIED DISTANCES PROVING YOU WRONG, no one even noticed.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 04:03:41 AM by Merkava »
Is it really too much effort to visualize in your head a light rolling around the middle of a plate isn't going to be "east" or "west" of anything it touches EVER?