Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
Re: Satellites
« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2014, 12:33:56 PM »
How about you come up with a proposal using the ionosphere and show how it would work. With enough design details for review.
Why are you so afraid of backing up your claims? C'mon, pick one and write about it in more than one sentence. You can do it, inquisitive. I believe in you. You can finally prove that you're not a complete waste of time to all of us!
Why is it that RE'ers are obligated to show why FET doesn't work but FE'ers aren't obligated show why FET does work?  Seriously, how can Inquisitive properly refute Thork's ionospheric skip proposal when Thork did not provide a workable proposal to refute?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2014, 01:07:19 PM »
Meanwhile, we know that satellites provide us with communications, and have done for many years.
You have yet to substantiate that.

Why is it that RE'ers are obligated to show why FET doesn't work but FE'ers aren't obligated show why FET does work?  Seriously, how can Inquisitive properly refute Thork's ionospheric skip proposal when Thork did not provide a workable proposal to refute?
He can't, and I'm not asking for that. I'm asking that he substantiates his own claims. Thork at least made a sloppy attempt.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2014, 01:53:20 PM »
Meanwhile, we know that satellites provide us with communications, and have done for many years.

He can't, and I'm not asking for that. I'm asking that he substantiates his own claims. Thork at least made a sloppy attempt.
What claims have I made that need substantiating?

Rama Set

« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2014, 02:05:04 PM »

What claims have I made that need substantiating?

You should assume you need to substantiate all of your claims upon request.

Thork

« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2014, 07:59:01 PM »
Sorry, I forgot about this thread. Excuse the erroneous rotundity in the diagram below. It is for demonstration only.

As you can see there isn't one skywave. And each will have altered the carrier wave differently as it bends it at a different rate. Its therefore possible to work out your distance by seeing which skywave you picked up from the beacon and how long it took to reach you.

« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2014, 08:20:20 PM »
Signals above 30MHz are not returned and GPS uses 1.5GHz.  Also the path length cannot be measured which is essential.

Key thing is a system having an accuracy of a few metres.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 08:26:57 PM by inquisitive »

Thork

« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2014, 08:34:23 PM »
I just explained, you'd know the distance by which wave you picked up. You could tell by the shape of the wave.

GPS signals are returned. The proof is that you receive them.

« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2014, 08:44:21 PM »
I just explained, you'd know the distance by which wave you picked up. You could tell by the shape of the wave.

GPS signals are returned. The proof is that you receive them.
GPS uses 1.5G, not from ionosphere, but satellites.  Has to be direct to know path distance.

How high is the ionosphere, to nearest metre and please confirm 1.5GHz reflects.

Thork

« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2014, 08:55:45 PM »
Please remember the earth has a firmament. A crystalline canopy above our heads. The earth is flat.

Rama Set

« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2014, 08:57:33 PM »
Please remember the earth has a firmament. A crystalline canopy above our heads. The earth is flat.

Citation required.

Thork

« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2014, 08:58:57 PM »
Citation required.

Quote from: Genesis 1:7
Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:00:52 PM by Thork »

Rama Set

« Reply #151 on: March 18, 2014, 09:48:57 PM »
I thought you were a Zetetic. Apologies.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2014, 05:30:48 AM »
Funny that is what I was accusing you of!
Yes, good thing I called you out on it. Anyway, please stop derailing this thread. Feel free to continue trying to trip me up via PM if you so desire.

Communication cannot occur unless satellites are real?  Didn't people communicate via radio waves long before these supposed satellites were invented?

« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2014, 08:21:38 AM »
Funny that is what I was accusing you of!
Yes, good thing I called you out on it. Anyway, please stop derailing this thread. Feel free to continue trying to trip me up via PM if you so desire.

Communication cannot occur unless satellites are real?  Didn't people communicate via radio waves long before these supposed satellites were invented?
This is your standard answer to everything.  Nice try. Where does anyone say 'cannot'?

We did not have a 3m accurate worldwide location system or a 600 tv channel broadcast system to the whole country before satellites.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2014, 08:43:15 AM »
There are many channels on TV that are not claimed to come from outer space.  Also, your position can be calculated without flying trashcans telling you where you are. 

« Reply #155 on: March 19, 2014, 08:53:17 AM »
There are many channels on TV that are not claimed to come from outer space.  Also, your position can be calculated without flying trashcans telling you where you are.
So? What about those that do come from space.  As discussed before other options does not exclude a solution.

GPS is the only worldwide accurate system, as you know.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 19, 2014, 08:56:40 AM »
So, you are claiming that signals you are told come from space proves that these signals have come from space? 

« Reply #157 on: March 19, 2014, 09:03:58 AM »
So, you are claiming that signals you are told come from space proves that these signals have come from space?
All the tests prove it, unless you can show otherwise.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 19, 2014, 09:16:55 AM »
Which tests?  Are you asking me to prove that non-existent tests prove something? 

« Reply #159 on: March 19, 2014, 09:28:08 AM »
Which tests?  Are you asking me to prove that non-existent tests prove something?
Measure the dish angles for a particular satellite.  Look at how live tv is transmitted from war zones.