Re: Hello I'm new here and I have lots to share. =)
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2016, 07:04:04 PM »
As Totes said, it's the sensor. There's no such thing as cameras built for outdoors, only filters and settings for that particular use case.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

IdentfyThis

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2016, 07:06:48 PM »
If this was the camera adjusting it should happen at the same time under the same circumstances but it doesn't.

All of these videos have different lighting conditions. I'm not sure how you would predict when it would happen.

Also I have never seen the sky go from bright yellow to bright blue with a burst like that.

Exactly. Neither have I (except when lightning strikes). Which is why it is probably just the camera settings auto-adjusting.

What about the one with the storm?
The sky is all gray and the burst happens a couple times actually.

IdentfyThis

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2016, 07:14:38 PM »
If this was the camera adjusting it should happen at the same time under the same circumstances but it doesn't.

All of these videos have different lighting conditions. I'm not sure how you would predict when it would happen.

Also I have never seen the sky go from bright yellow to bright blue with a burst like that.

Exactly. Neither have I (except when lightning strikes). Which is why it is probably just the camera settings auto-adjusting.

Look the burst happening to the moon (or what i think should be the moon)

I thought at first that it was indeed the camera adjusting to the light until I started to capture this burst at various times with the Sun visible too.

IdentfyThis

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2016, 07:15:35 PM »
No clouds...all even color in the sky and the burst still happens...

IdentfyThis

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2016, 07:17:50 PM »
Did you even bother to watch the video "the sky is on fire" till the end? I put the screen shots first on that one but look at the recording after the screen shots.
Here is the video again
at 1:27 the recording starts

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2016, 10:20:26 PM »
Did you even bother to watch the video "the sky is on fire" till the end?

Camera auto-adjusting plus the red sunset is filtering through the clouds.

Look the burst happening to the moon (or what i think should be the moon)

Camera auto-adjusting plus a compression artifact.

No clouds...all even color in the sky and the burst still happens...

Camera auto-adjusting. It doesn't matter if there are clouds or not.

What about the one with the storm?

Camera auto-adjusting.

Alrighty, I've watched enough of these. If you have ten more videos like this, just assume that my answer is some combination of lens flare, camera auto-adjusting, and compression artifacts. Take care, and try not to freak out over every little camera glitch.

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2016, 02:00:34 AM »
Did you even bother to watch the video "the sky is on fire" till the end? I put the screen shots first on that one but look at the recording after the screen shots.
Here is the video again

Light bends and scatters.  Your eyes can get fooled very easily with many things from size and color.  If you view those same clouds from a different angle I assure you it would "not" be same color

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 02:28:46 AM by Sirius_Gulf201 »

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2016, 02:45:23 AM »
Light Bends and twists and scatters.  The light from sun is hitting clouds, pollution, dust particles and finally hitting the mirror glass of the camera or video lens causing all sorts of trippy shit

Photography How-To - Unwanted lens flair with Jim Zuckerman

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 02:52:03 AM by Sirius_Gulf201 »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2016, 09:43:22 AM »
In fact, there are very few flat earthers on this site that bother discussing the shape of the earth anymore. It's kind of boring. Tom Bishop is really the only one, and he hasn't been seen for several weeks.
How rude. We discuss the flat earth all the time. We just avoid answering half-baked questions from RET trolls. The precise goal of that is that you get bored and leave, so I'm glad to see it's starting to work.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2016, 11:00:07 AM »
In fact, there are very few flat earthers on this site that bother discussing the shape of the earth anymore. It's kind of boring. Tom Bishop is really the only one, and he hasn't been seen for several weeks.
How rude. We discuss the flat earth all the time. We just avoid answering half-baked questions from RET trolls. The precise goal of that is that you get bored and leave, so I'm glad to see it's starting to work.
You claim it's rude, but it's true. Junker asks that we make a topic with a particular point to debate, so one is created on Lunar Eclipses. So far at least, not the slightest interest.

All junker ever says is "Look it up in Q&A or the Wiki", so we do that and find it's no help at all. Q&A contains nothing helpful that I could find and the explanation in "the Wiki" is clearly ridiculous.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2016, 02:26:08 PM »
Yes, as I said, most of us ignore weaksauce trolls like yourself. I'm very glad you're starting to notice!

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2016, 02:56:26 PM »
Yes, as I said, most of us ignore weaksauce trolls like yourself. I'm very glad you're starting to notice!
I don't get it. You guys can call us anything you like, if we as much as think of the word troll about you guys, we're warned or temporarily banned.

Asking legitimate questions about the disproving of your claims through the use of reproducible results is not trolling, it's common sense.

Pointing out errors in material within a society that is otherwise pretty anal about every single detail in the counterparts experiments, being scoffed off as typos, is not trolling. It's common sense.

Questioning the persona and intentions of people that refuse readily available facts (observations) backed by theories (explanations) redone and repeated through the last decade is not trolling, it's common sense.

Pulling the "our replies are mostly ad hominem, sidetracking the issue at hand" tactics however, is generally the FE way. I get it, if you want to be a closed club, be a closed club. With a public forum and with the presence on social medias, you're just not. You have to be able to carry out factual debates, deal with people who think you're crazy and so on.

Given the nature of this society's goal, those tasks are implicit. With the general FE attitude, you come off as kids, not grown ups, or in some cases, mentally disturbed or deeply depressed.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2016, 03:35:44 PM »
if we as much as think of the word troll about you guys, we're warned or temporarily banned.
Not that I would have any way of doing anything about that if it were true, but I'm not convinced that your claim is even remotely plausible. Care to back it up?

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2016, 07:57:14 PM »
The whole Flat Earth scheme is a pretty good marketing scam.  I've already seen people host seminars with groups of people attending.  Anyone think those lectures are free and done with good gracious heart?  hahah, wonder how much they are paying to attend.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Hello I'm new here and I have lots to share. =)
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2016, 09:29:30 PM »
The whole Flat Earth scheme is a pretty good marketing scam.  I've already seen people host seminars with groups of people attending.  Anyone think those lectures are free and done with good gracious heart?  hahah, wonder how much they are paying to attend.

I think you have us confused with other groups. There's no marketing here. Our lead admin, Parsifal, pays to host this place out of his own pocket. He doesn't use any advertisements, nor does he attempt to make any money from this place at all. It is literally just a place for the open exchange of ideas, with a central theme around FET. All opinions are welcome here. Suggesting it is any kind of a scam is not only ignorant, but borders on intellectual dishonesty.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 09:32:13 PM by junker »

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2016, 09:33:37 PM »
Here is the video again

I'm curious. How does a video qualify for the 'MUST WATCH' designation? Does it have to be independently adjudged in some way?

IdentfyThis

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2016, 11:45:08 PM »
I don't get it. You guys can call us anything you like, if we as much as think of the word troll about you guys, we're warned or temporarily banned.

Asking legitimate questions about the disproving of your claims through the use of reproducible results is not trolling, it's common sense.

Pointing out errors in material within a society that is otherwise pretty anal about every single detail in the counterparts experiments, being scoffed off as typos, is not trolling. It's common sense.

Questioning the persona and intentions of people that refuse readily available facts (observations) backed by theories (explanations) redone and repeated through the last decade is not trolling, it's common sense.

Pulling the "our replies are mostly ad hominem, sidetracking the issue at hand" tactics however, is generally the FE way. I get it, if you want to be a closed club, be a closed club. With a public forum and with the presence on social medias, you're just not. You have to be able to carry out factual debates, deal with people who think you're crazy and so on.

Given the nature of this society's goal, those tasks are implicit. With the general FE attitude, you come off as kids, not grown ups, or in some cases, mentally disturbed or deeply depressed.
This goes both ways...

IdentfyThis

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2016, 11:47:10 PM »
Here is the video again

I'm curious. How does a video qualify for the 'MUST WATCH' designation? Does it have to be independently adjudged in some way?
Did you watch the video past the screen shots?
Do you have an explanation for the sky pulsating bright blood red to gray/blue? Or is it just more lens flare you see? It makes a must watch video when the person who makes it decide to put that on the video name ;)

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2016, 12:45:44 AM »

Pulling the "our replies are mostly ad hominem, sidetracking the issue at hand" tactics however, is generally the FE way. I get it, if you want to be a closed club, be a closed club. With a public forum and with the presence on social medias, you're just not. You have to be able to carry out factual debates, deal with people who (disagree with you).

Given the nature of this society's goal, those tasks are implicit. With the general FE attitude, you come off as kids, not grown ups, or in some cases ...

THIS.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 02:17:10 AM by Boots »
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2016, 12:58:41 AM »

There are plenty of non-half-baked questions that get ignored. If you want to restrict your discussion to an echo chamber where no one can point out the mistakes, that's your business. Have fun. When you feel like defending it publicly, let me know.