Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Shills, trolls and psyops.
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2016, 03:42:09 PM »
Can a mod chop out all the crap from AMann and Rayzor that isn't related to THIS thread, please?

Done.

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2016, 04:49:55 PM »
Thork, I listened to his rant on youtube. He sounds rather pycho, he will collect 1.2 billion, then take a fleet of giant snow cats to antarctica and find Atlantis or new lands. What do you think his deal is? Did he ever work for NASA as he claims?
God is real.

Thork

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2016, 07:06:30 PM »
He may have worked for NASA, but he was unlikely doing anything very important.

He is now a jobbing artist and character actor. Which is ok, he needs to earn a living. It is just a shame he mixes in flat earth theories he reads from here and other places, with this panicked monologue crap that goes on for hours.

Thork

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2016, 07:39:49 PM »
I think I just found the equivalent of a flat earth reply girl.

I know these youtubers drive a lot of traffic here, but man its a high price to pay. Associated with this lot.

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2016, 10:44:24 PM »
I wonder why she would think anything is flat?

She reminds of an English valley girl, with the pastey white skin and all.
God is real.

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2016, 05:49:57 AM »
The rabbit hole gets deeper

Thork

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2016, 07:27:04 PM »
Gay4Pay. Well he does say he has to make a living, I suppose.  :-\

I think they are all shooting so many holes in each other, very few will be left standing at the end of the year. Still, it was something different for us all to watch for a bit. I think Matt Ogus on youtube lost much of his credibility once it was widely known he posed on camera for rich old men.

^ yeah. Its all mucky business.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 07:30:45 PM by Dr David Thork »

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2016, 05:58:09 PM »
As unfortunate as it is, we either collectively have to make official flat earth youtube videos, or these guys are going to continue to add their own spin to the theory. The consensus is absolutely correct, there should be an emphasis on the scientific data of the theory and less on the conspiracy, but it really is hard to disconnect the two when so many people are certain they've seen space and the earth from NASA photos.

What is actual membership into the society, what does it entail?

Thork

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2016, 06:07:10 PM »
The society has in the past allowed people to become official members. They get a certificate, some little goodies and they can opt to have their name added to the list of official flat earth members. We charged the nominal fee to cover the cost of the materials, there was no profit in it for us.

It was discontinued because Daniel was taking people's money for membership and then taking more than 9 months to post their stuff. It was incredibly embarrassing so we stopped. Now we operate separately from Daniel it has been suggested we reopen membership so people can be 'official card carrying members' of the flat earth society. It is just something we are yet to agree on and organise.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Shills, trolls and psyops.
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2016, 06:10:41 PM »

It is just something we are yet to agree on and organise.

It has been agreed on and Tom Bishop has been spearheading it. He just hasn't received the assistance/collaboration he needs to get it going yet.

Thork

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 06:16:39 PM »
It is pretty obvious really.

Blanko needs to design a certificate for .pdf download + the hall of fame/members page
Parsfial needs to enable a shop / e-commerce portal and mount public ledger for members and allow people to fill in the .pdf with their name so it is personalised.
SexWarrior (do we have to call him that?) needs to sort the merch and gifts in the packs.

Other than the text for certificates and maybe the blurb in other places, I fail to see what Tom can actually do?

This is very dependant on a small number of people doing a lot of work. Hence the reluctance of anyone else to force it to be done.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2016, 06:46:27 PM »
It is pretty obvious really.

Blanko needs to design a certificate for .pdf download + the hall of fame/members page
Parsfial needs to enable a shop / e-commerce portal and mount public ledger for members and allow people to fill in the .pdf with their name so it is personalised.
SexWarrior (do we have to call him that?) needs to sort the merch and gifts in the packs.

Other than the text for certificates and maybe the blurb in other places, I fail to see what Tom can actually do?

This is very dependant on a small number of people doing a lot of work. Hence the reluctance of anyone else to force it to be done.

Well, two of those three people have openly stated that their involvement isn't needed, so there must be a disconnect somewhere. Anyway, we have a thread for that topic in S&C, so I suggest any further discussion around it take place there.